Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70445
biomed160801
Yssup Rider60156
gman4452956
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47651
pyramider46370
bambino40387
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35523
Mojojo33117

Old 05-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
CJ7
Valued Poster

Default Voter Fraud

front row, right ..

the kids vote counts too .. now we have a majority !!!

CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #2
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

What is the Syracuse mascot doing there?

Wait a second. That bulbous orange blob isn't the Syracuse mascot. It's John Boehner's head!

LMAO!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

3 yea
2 no
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:37 PM   #4
CJ7
Valued Poster

Raise your hands you little bastards or I'll lock you in your room until Hillary finishes her second term ..
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:18 PM   #5
timpage
Account Disabled

Steve Chapman states the undeniable facts regarding the Republican attempts to keep the American people from voting......or, at least....those people not likely to vote Republican.

Voter ID laws are a sham

A harmful remedy for an imaginary problem

May 11, 2014|Steve Chapman

Many years ago, as a college Republican, I spent one summer in Austin, Texas, working for a candidate in a special election for the state Senate. My hometown was a liberal enclave with many college students — unwashed, longhaired, pot-smoking students, it seemed to me — who were predominantly Democrats. The more students who came out to vote the less likely our candidate was to win.

But our campaign strategists came up with a plan. They sent mailings to all the registered voters in precincts near the campus. Many cards came back because the addressee had moved, as college students often do. Voters no longer at the address on file with election authorities were not eligible to vote.

On Election Day, a fellow campaign worker and I went to a polling place to monitor voters. When they gave their names, we checked to see whether their mailings had come back. If so, we lodged an objection. The voters affected were not pleased.
If we had been asked to defend our actions, I imagine we would have come up with something about upholding the law and assuring the integrity of elections. But the people running the campaign never said anything like that. What they said was that this was a great way to reduce the number of people voting for our opponent.
It didn't help, because he was too popular. But my superiors were not the last Republicans to figure that if you can't get people to vote for you, you can try to keep them from voting at all.

One GOP-dominated state after another has adopted new voter identification requirements in the name of preventing election fraud. In 2008, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld an Indiana law requiring anyone who wants to cast a ballot in person to show a driver's license or another approved photo ID.

The odd thing is that two judges who voted to uphold that law later had second thoughts. Federal appeals court Judge Richard Posner said last year he was wrong. Retired Justice John Paul Stevens, who wrote the U.S. Supreme Court opinion, says the court lacked the evidence it needed to overturn the law but now believes the dissenters had the better of the argument.

Fortunately, the legal issue is far from resolved. A federal court recently struck down a Wisconsin voter ID law. In the Supreme Court case, U.S. District Judge Lynn Adelman said, those challenging the law failed to provide enough evidence that it put an undue burden on the right to vote. In this case, he said, those challenging the law had evidence galore.

He found that 9 percent of the registered voters in Wisconsin don't have the IDs required by the law. In Milwaukee County alone, 1,640 voters have neither an approved photo ID nor any of the documents they need to get one. Poor and minority voters are especially likely to be prevented from voting by the new obstacles.
The burden might be tolerable if voter impersonation were a big problem. In fact, said Adelman, the state "could not point to a single instance of known voter impersonation occurring in Wisconsin at any time in the recent past." The state attorney general created an election fraud task force to find violations in the past three elections. It might as well have been hunting for Sasquatch.

No one should be surprised that this type of chicanery hardly ever happens. Someone caught impersonating a Wisconsin voter may go to prison for three years. The risk is not balanced by a reward, because it's extremely unlikely that the fraudulent ballot would change the election outcome. Given all this, the judge wrote, "A person would have to be insane to commit voter impersonation fraud."

There is nothing unusual about Wisconsin. When Pennsylvania enacted a voter ID law, it was able to cite zero cases of voter impersonation. Ditto in Indiana. Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott brags of successfully prosecuting 50 cases of election fraud. But the list his office sent me included only three cases in six years of someone being charged with voter impersonation at a polling place.

Republicans seem to be willing to go through an enormous amount of trouble to combat a crime that is highly rare and uniformly ineffectual. As a cure for fraudulent voting, a stringent voter ID law is like prescribing morphine for a hangnail. But as a cure for Democratic voting, it's hard to beat.

Steve Chapman, a member of the Tribune Editorial Board, blogs at chicagotribune.com/chapman.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #6
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:34 AM   #7
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

It appears that SJL is standing to the left of the Speaker and must have asked how many think she is an idiot by a show of hands.
Even the kid knows she is an idiot.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:39 AM   #8
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
It appears that SJL is standing to the left of the Speaker and must have asked how many think she is an idiot by a show of hands.
Even the kid knows she is an idiot.
2Pups is close! Actually the question was how many of you believe that the Far Right Wing-Nut posters in the Eccie Political Forum are Idiots.

The motion passed with no dissenting votes!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #9
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

It's good they don't let IB vote as often as he posts.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
It's good they don't let IB vote as often as he posts.
If he was a Democrat, they would!

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:33 AM   #11
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
If he was a Democrat, they would!

+1 Old-Twerp is another Kool Aid sotted lib-retard offering rent-free space in his empty fucking head.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #12
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
+1 Old-Twerp is another Kool Aid sotted lib-retard offering rent-free space in his empty fucking head.
Wow, that was a clever reply!
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:29 AM   #13
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
A tad more clever than your not so clever remark about being clever, Old-Twerp.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:59 AM   #14
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
A tad more clever than your not so clever remark about being clever, Old-Twerp.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #15
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Nice story but it ignores the fact that there have been convictions for voter fraud and indictments without convictions (such as the Clay County case). Voter fraud does exist and how do we combat it? The left wants to do nothing and even deny it exists. The right just wants voter ID, that's all. No DNA, no witnesses (which used to be the case), just some photo ID. The same ID that is required to access the halls of Congress or the White House. The same ID to cash a check or a large credit purchase. The same ID to get into a democratic convention or gathering. I don't see why anyone would be so afraid of asking for ID unless it was for some other reason. What could that other reason be?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women