Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60015
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47612
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 10-10-2017, 10:59 PM   #1
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4
Default Joe Namath Defends NFL Protest to Fox & Friends

https://www.mediaite.com/online/joe-...rd-oppression/

I'm disappointed in Joe Namath. He knows better to try to placate both sides of the issue.

Namath was responding to Mike Dikta's comment on oppression.
https://www.mediaite.com/online/coac...ast-100-years/

Mike Dikta:
All of a sudden it’s become a big dealing now about oppression. There has been no oppression in the last 100 years that I know of.

mike is wrong on that. I think he misspoke. last 50 years? no, but the previous 50 years for sure.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:52 AM   #2
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

I saw the segment. He said you shouldn't protest at the work place a couple times. He couldn't be clearer on that. He said if Ainsley was carrying a poster protesting something on the show her bosses would put an end to it. He went on to say he never walked a mile in a black mans shoes. He understood where they are coming from. He played for Bama in the 60s. I'm sure he saw some things going on there..I thought he was pretty level headed about it.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I think at this point, if the players want the message to continue to resonate in a positive way, they are going to have to change the method they convey that message. Kneeling for the anthem now is causing the message to be lost.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:06 PM   #4
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grean View Post
I think at this point, if the players want the message to continue to resonate in a positive way, they are going to have to change the method they convey that message. Kneeling for the anthem now is causing the message to be lost.

Over the long haul, if the players persist with this "protest", not only will the message lose its substance, the players themselves will inevitably lose., as well The Golden Rule will prevail (ie: He, With the Gold, Rules). These multi-billionaires (all 32 of them, last count) will put a stop to this simply by colluding, first, then one by one, blackballing the individuals who choose to make kneeling during the anthem an issue. It'll take some time to purge them but rest assure, the owners can make that happen.

And don't think it can't. Big Picture: when you get down to the core of the matter, the owners don't give a flying rat's ass about any of these players' politics or their social (justice) causes.....truly.

All that matters to Goodell and the owners who pay him is keeping butt$ in the $eat$, $pon$or$ happy, and the (TV) rating$ arrow pointed up while Growing the $hield. Anything outside of that (ie: this anthem protest) is an undesired irritation....and the owners will not tolerate having their pre-game shows hijacked for much longer.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:48 PM   #5
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Becot View Post
And don't think it can't. Big Picture: when you get down to the core of the matter, the owners don't give a flying rat's ass about any of these players' politics or their social (justice) causes.....truly.

All that matters to Goodell and the owners who pay him is keeping butt$ in the $eat$, $pon$or$ happy, and the (TV) rating$ arrow pointed up while Growing the $hield. Anything outside of that (ie: this anthem protest) is an undesired irritation....and the owners will not tolerate having their pre-game shows hijacked for much longer.
I have a slightly swisted theory on the owners attitudes towards it.

I think they don't mind the pre-game being hi jacked because the protests actually got people to watch albeit perhaps briefly than would have otherwise.

As long a they feel they get more viewers than they lose because of the protests, they will continue.

Jerry from Dallas, knows his audience and probably calculated correctly that in this regional viewing market, Cowboys taking a knee would lose more. Thus he won't allow players to kneel.

San Francisco is almost the opposite. The owner will encourage his players to exercise their 1A right.

Whats even more craven is I think the 49ers owner realizes that players doing so will adversely affect their message now but doesn't care. He wants them to kneel for the ratings.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #6
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Quote:

San Francisco is almost the opposite. The owner will encourage his players to exercise their 1A right.

Whats even more craven is I think the 49ers owner realizes that players doing so will adversely affect their message now but doesn't care. He wants them to kneel for the ratings.

Ahhhh, I see. So....that explains why Kaepernick is no longer wearing a 49er uniform....right?

Let's review:

Freedom to protest. Freedom to lose (more) games (even to ridiculously bad teams.....like Indianapolis). And the freedom to (currently be) OH and FIVE. Being winless is ALWAYS a formula for (great) ratings regardless of what antics are being demonstrated on the sidelines.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #7
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
I have a slightly swisted theory on the owners attitudes towards it.

I think they don't mind the pre-game being hi jacked because the protests actually got people to watch albeit perhaps briefly than would have otherwise.

As long a they feel they get more viewers than they lose because of the protests, they will continue.

Jerry from Dallas, knows his audience and probably calculated correctly that in this regional viewing market, Cowboys taking a knee would lose more. Thus he won't allow players to kneel.

You can't be that stupid, can you............
Old 10-11-2017, 06:34 PM   #8
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
https://www.mediaite.com/online/joe-...rd-oppression/

I'm disappointed in Joe Namath. He knows better to try to placate both sides of the issue.

Namath was responding to Mike Dikta's comment on oppression.
https://www.mediaite.com/online/coac...ast-100-years/

Mike Dikta:
All of a sudden it’s become a big dealing now about oppression. There has been no oppression in the last 100 years that I know of.

mike is wrong on that. I think he misspoke. last 50 years? no, but the previous 50 years for sure.
That's Mike Ditka for ya. Mike Ditka could be stuck in 1985. Oppression didn't exist with the 1985 Bears. Here ya have a group of Misfits with really average talent ending up in the same place together. Everyone really loved the game and they all simply clicked together. I guess the planets were lined up just perfectly over Chicago in 1985. There just isn't any oppression when you're kicking everybody's ass. As far as Joe Namath, well he and "Jack Daniels" have had a thing going on for a long time, lol.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:29 PM   #9
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
That's Mike Ditka for ya. Mike Ditka could be stuck in 1985. Oppression didn't exist with the 1985 Bears. Here ya have a group of Misfits with really average talent ending up in the same place together. Everyone really loved the game and they all simply clicked together. I guess the planets were lined up just perfectly over Chicago in 1985. There just isn't any oppression when you're kicking everybody's ass. As far as Joe Namath, well he and "Jack Daniels" have had a thing going on for a long time, lol.

Jim
The Bears had 3 HOFs on D plus a several more All Pros on that team. Misfits? You can say that about most professional sports teams. Ditka and Namath grew up in hard scrabble WPA towns. Both great guys. Lots of white people were oppressed 100 years ago here. That's why unions were created. But the country grew and matured. Nobody is oppressed today. Ditka is a more hard core personality than Namath. But they both supported standing for the Anthem. That's the bottomline. BTW Jim, Ditka is no stranger to whiskey.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:53 PM   #10
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
You can't be that stupid, can you............
You can, LARDASS!!!!

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:45 PM   #11
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
You can, LARDASS!!!!

You waited all day to post your disgusting fetish.

PIGLER WEINERSTEIN
Old 10-11-2017, 08:57 PM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

We know that’s you, you disgusting waterbed with feet!

Stare at the page, Lardass. How do you get your gelatinous gut to move at different speeds?

Pretty fuckin’ cool, huh?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #13
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Good Bye NFL. I watched you since Joe played in the Super Bowl, first game I remember watching. I played football from 10 yrs old till 17 but I won't miss you. Satanic halftime shows are NOT my thing. Good Luck NFL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtdOpnCBLj8
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #14
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
The Bears had 3 HOFs on D plus a several more All Pros on that team. Misfits? You can say that about most professional sports teams. Ditka and Namath grew up in hard scrabble WPA towns. Both great guys. Lots of white people were oppressed 100 years ago here. That's why unions were created. But the country grew and matured. Nobody is oppressed today. Ditka is a more hard core personality than Namath. But they both supported standing for the Anthem. That's the bottomline. BTW Jim, Ditka is no stranger to whiskey.
Well they were kind of Misfits doesn't mean they weren't good players. Jim McMahon was half blind, he drove Ditka crazy not to mention Pete Roselle probably wanted to strangle him with that headband stunt, lol. William Perry he went from Defensive guy to Offensive stardom. Peyton was a practical joker he got everybody. Mike Singletary was a bit undersized for a Middle Linebacker. But they all had a lot of heart. Maybe misfits is a bit harsh. They were just a group of fun loving guys that knew how to win. They had fun, these players today they don't know how to have fun. Namath with his white cleats and his fur jackets, lol. They were entertainers.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:04 AM   #15
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
Well they were kind of Misfits doesn't mean they weren't good players. But they all had a lot of heart. Maybe misfits is a bit harsh. They were just a group of fun loving guys that knew how to win. They had fun, these players today they don't know how to have fun. They were entertainers.

Jim
Correct, Jim, on all points and more. I recall sitting (disheartened) at Texas Stadium in the mid-80's as those same Bears dismantled the Cowboys one afternoon....I believe the final score was 44-0. Danny White and Crew had no answer for this ultra-talented squad that day.

Looking back (as many football historians have mused) Chicago fans are still left with the frustration of only one Super Bowl appearance and championship from that group. With so much talent and so many first-team All Pros (let alone those who ended up in Canton) how could they only make it to the Big Game once?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women