Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70453
biomed160837
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452975
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47676
pyramider46370
bambino40403
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35579
Mojojo33117

Old 02-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
Guest083013
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26
Default Obama tramples religious liberties

Last week, President Barack Obama proposed a "compromise" over his administration's earlier healthcare mandate to force churches and religious organizations to provide abortion inducing drugs and devices, as well as surgical sterilization, in their insurance plans.

What was his "compromise?" Make the insurance companies pay for it instead!

Obama's latest mandate is nothing more than a shell game. Religious organizations and Christian-owned businesses will still be paying for insurance plans which will, in turn, give "free" contraceptives and abortifacients to their employees. Where in the constitution does any president get the authority to mandate that private companies provide services or products for "free" to consumers?

The American people are not stupid (no matter what some Liberals here think about Conservatives), and realize insurance companies will simply pass the costs on to the insured. That's you, me, churches, and every other religious institution, including EVERY Christian-owned business, that provides insurance to its employees.

ObamaCare continues to violate religious and moral convictions by forcing Americans to pay for drug-induced abortions.

Congress has promised over and over to repeal ObamaCare. It is time for them to act...and to act decisively.
Guest083013 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Ramos
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Dennisrn, it's always been the case that we pay for everything that insurance companies "give" us. How else would they pay for our benefits? Not just abortions, contraceptives but everything. Even if they say the insurance companies will pay for it themselves where do you suppose they get the money to pay for it? Certainly not out of the pockets of the administrators. From what I understand the Catholics are going to buy into this "shell game" (after a proper wait for the exact wording to be made public).

The Catholic Church is no stranger to playing at politics. The guys at the top are experts in diplomacy and subterfuge. That's why they are at the top. JPII who was a key player in the downfall of the USSR is an example. The US Catholic hierarchy and Obama just made themselves some points by the bishops protesting Obama's proposal and then have him appear to give into them a little, while not actually giving in at all. Who knows went on behind the scenes? For this show I'm sure that Archbishop Dolan, who was the one who went to the white house to speak with Obama, will get an extra pat on the head from BXVI when he's made a Cardinal at the consistory next week. Obama who appeared to give in will get a few points for looking humble, just in time for his re-election campaign. It makes one wonder how well thought out this all was.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not anti Obama or anti Catholic. I'll vote for Obama in the next election unless the republicans get their act together and nominate someone with a lick of sense. I don't see anyone among the present gang of 4. (Chris Christie would have done it for me!!) I was brought up in the Catholic faith and am still fond of it and it's more sincere members, but I also look at their history and what is currently going on.

PS. This congress ain't gonna do s--t.
Ramos is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

It is election time and everyone will try to do things to make them look humble or acceptable to the voters. The problem is AFTER they are elected. They get in office and do what the hell they want knowing that when it comes to reelection time, Americans will have short term memory and only see what the official is promising at that time.
satexasguy is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Gotta love the Democrats. Now they are crying because "Democrats saying they had been denied the ability to present witnesses who might support the government stance or speak for the rights of women to reproductive health coverage. They asked why women weren't better represented among the 10 witnesses at the hearing."

Where was the representation when these same Democrats crammed the NOBAMA Health Care bill down American's throats? Over 60% of Americans did not want it yet Pelosi said just pass it then read what's in it.

I guess the Democrats only want representation when it benefits their crusades.
satexasguy is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
sajay55
Gaining Momentum

...nevermind...
sajay55 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisrn View Post
Last week, President Barack Obama proposed a "compromise" over his administration's earlier healthcare mandate to force churches and religious organizations to provide abortion inducing drugs and devices, as well as surgical sterilization, in their insurance plans.

What was his "compromise?" Make the insurance companies pay for it instead!

Obama's latest mandate is nothing more than a shell game. Religious organizations and Christian-owned businesses will still be paying for insurance plans which will, in turn, give "free" contraceptives and abortifacients to their employees. Where in the constitution does any president get the authority to mandate that private companies provide services or products for "free" to consumers?

The American people are not stupid (no matter what some Liberals here think about Conservatives), and realize insurance companies will simply pass the costs on to the insured. That's you, me, churches, and every other religious institution, including EVERY Christian-owned business, that provides insurance to its employees.

ObamaCare continues to violate religious and moral convictions by forcing Americans to pay for drug-induced abortions.

Congress has promised over and over to repeal ObamaCare. It is time for them to act...and to act decisively.
WTF is this dennis? This is a "cut and paste", why are you not offering the link or putting the text in quotations ?!?

You repubs hate "cut and paste" don't you? Are you a hypocrite dennis? I think you are.

http://www.afa.net/Detail.aspx?id=2147517341

Why are you posting articles from the American Family Association dennis?
The SPLC(Southern Poverty Law Center which tracks the KKK and groups like it) has listed this group as a hate group. Why are you using their propaganda?!?

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...he-hard-liners
1NEMESIS is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
just4fun
Account Disabled

Encounters: 35

Absolute right Nemisis! Hypocrite is an understatement in this case!!!!
just4fun is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
Guest083013
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26
Default "hypocrite" - I didn't use that noun anywhere.....

sorry - have to go with the GREEN because I couldn't find one with ORANGE which I am.....

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...6/Orange-Order

Guest083013 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
Ramos
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NEMESIS View Post
WTF is this dennis? This is a "cut and paste", why are you not offering the link or putting the text in quotations ?!?

Geeze guys ,I thought it was pretty obvious that Dennisrn was posting this to stimulate some conversation.
You're acting like you made this great discovery that it was copied and pasted. So what? IMHO it was meant to
glean some other ideas. I don't think quotes were absolutely necessary. Did Thomas Jefferson use quotes when he
posted, so to speak, some ideas of Locke in The Declaration of independence? If he had a computer he probably would have copied and pasted.

Give us a break.

I'm gonna leave it at this rather then engage further in such silliness.
Ramos is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #10
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Do we want a federal government to have the power to force a private individual or organization to buy a product or service? Forget about whether it is good for you. Should the government have that power? My answer would be no. I do not trust politicians to decide what is best for me. They have not proven to be that good at it so far.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #11
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Geeze guys ,I thought it was pretty obvious that Dennisrn was posting this to stimulate some conversation.
You're acting like you made this great discovery that it was copied and pasted. So what? IMHO it was meant to
glean some other ideas. I don't think quotes were absolutely necessary. Did Thomas Jefferson use quotes when he
posted, so to speak, some ideas of Locke in The Declaration of independence? If he had a computer he probably would have copied and pasted.
I'm gonna leave it at this rather then engage further in such silliness.
That's a good idea Ramos because you don't have any idea what your talking about…

Did you hear that dennis? Ramos said he thinks that Thomas Jefferson would have used copy and paste himself LOL!!
1NEMESIS is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women