Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59992
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47606
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 02-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709
Default A Vital Truth for Valentine`s Day: Say`s Law and Romantic Love

Hello,
Hope some of you enjoy this article as well, and it triggers fruitful discussions:

"Like all proper relationships, romantic relationships operate on the basic principle of selfish human interaction, the principle of trade. To put this in memorable terms: The realm of romance, like that of economics, is governed by Say’s Law. Supply constitutes demand. What you produce (supply) is what you have to trade in the marketplace (demand).

Say’s law does not mean that if you create something people will want it—or “if you build it they will come.” It means that if you want to trade with others, you have to produce something with which to trade—something of value. The values you create—whether computers or works of art or educational services—constitute your demand on the goods and services created by others. What you create is what you have to offer in trade for what others create"

http://www.theobjectivestandard.com/...alentines-day/
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Some would say there is no place for trading value in a romantic relationship. That a romantic relationship is altruistic in nature. Not greedy. That the trading of "chores" or "sex" in the relationship is done without regard to keeping track of who has done what. It is done out of love, and not out of keeping track of the amount of chits in "my bank" as opposed to the amount of chits in "her bank."

I don't know that the theory that true love does not keep track on and emotional level of who has invested the most into the relationship. Even Steven Covey in his "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" postulates that we each keep an emotional "checkbook" based on deposits and withdrawals.

Personally, I think there is some truth in both. I think we do keep emotional ledgers. But I also think that when the balances seem to be askew, the altruism that most people feel exists in romantic relationships comes into play. While I think Covey's "checkbook" is probably the best simile for romantic relationships, I also think some people can make "love" stretch over chasms that other people cannot do.

If you want to frame Covey's "checkbook" in the light of selfish human interaction, I don't have a problem with it. Just so long as you leave some elbow room for the altruism that might exist in some of those relationships.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I just want a blowjob.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

This is what people did before there was a currency. It was called the Barter System. Example, a Carpenter says to a Farmer. "I'll rebuild your broken down Barn if you give me twenty bushels of sweet corn. The Farmer in turn says " You have a deal only if you make me a few quarts of Moonshine out of the corn" The carpenter replies ok but only if you give me your daughter's hand in marriage. The Farmer replies back ah we'll make that contingent on how good the Moonshine is. .
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:29 AM   #5
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

HiGuys,
Thanks for all the answers.
This whole discussion reminds me of a piece I once read about "love styles". There was a researcher (John ALan Lee) who basically analyzed discourses about love within centuries of books, prosa, morals, ethical attitude and came to the conclusion, that in our society about 6 different love styles exist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_styles
http://valarie-king.hubpages.com/hub...ypes-of-Lovers

So, the above mentioned "love" resembles the "Pragma" love, IMHO, which is based on materialistic approaches and security-values, aka economic forces and consideration, also happening when you need to raise kids together. And about the economy on "give and take". I think it is all good within reasoning. But it is certainly not the "only" way to look at love.

Here is "Pragma" explanation:
"Pragma Lover: Practilality and Tradition
These lovers are practical and seek a relationship that will work. Pragma lovers want compatibility, and a relationship that will satisfy all their needs, desires and wants. They are more concerned with social qualities rather than personal ones; family and background are very important to pagma lovers, who don’t rely so much on feelings as on logic. They view love as a useful relationship, and as a way to make the rest of life easier. They ask questions when choosing a potential partner such as: "Will this person earn a good live?", "Can this person cook?", "Will my family like this person?". Their relationships hardly ever decay , because they choose their partners very carefully and emphasize similarities, they also have realistic romantic expectations" (taken from http://valarie-king.hubpages.com/hub...ypes-of-Lovers)

What do you think? Is this comparable to "Pragma" or would any of you have different opinions? I was not sure, because the "wish to take care of a partner" may also be "Agape".
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women