Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70425
biomed160646
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47586
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35412
Mojojo33117

Old 07-08-2015, 08:11 PM   #1
DarkeyKong
Account Disabled

Encounters: 56
Default Non touristy vacation destinations.

Looking for a relaxing spot in late September in a non touristy area. Any ideas?
DarkeyKong is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #2
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

User ID: 244249
My ECCIE Reviews

I would think someone could have a "non touristy" experience even in a densely populated city, by just avoiding tourist hubs in that particular location. Do you mean somewhere that is less populous, and more secluded?
Lena Duvall is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:12 AM   #3
chel_sea
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 240557

Exactly what Lena said. Seattle has its tourist spots (Space Needle, Pike Place Market), but there's SO much more to the city than just those things, and great times to be had "off the beaten path."

Since you said "relaxing," though, I'm assuming you want a smaller town or rural area? How about the northern coast of California (Guerneville, Jenner, Bodega Bay), or Boulder, CO? And of course, if you're wanting an international adventure, there are endless possibilities....
chel_sea is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #4
bourdain21
Valued Poster

maller towns around wine country are a great option. They are quiet, have unique and amazing restaurants, there's plenty to do indoors and outdoors. You can do a day trip to the coast and visit an oyster farm and eat fresh oysters right from the water, visit small mom n pop type wineries or go to larger wineries with great tours, caves, and food. It's also not too far into San Francisco if you do want to have a night in a big city. Or visit smaller towns like Sausalito or hike through the redwood trees Muir Woods. Fall (Sep and Oct) are the best times of year up there in my opinion, especially in San Francisco

If money isn't an issue, check out The Carneros Inn. Friend from Chicago just stayed there and was blown away. The cottages are very well apointed with their own private courtyard including an outdoor shower. I would avoid Napa and look more around the Sonoma area. Healdsburg, Geyserville, etc are great.

These areas may seem touristy (i.e. wine country) but don't get nearly the traffic that napa does. It's reflected in how you are treated at the wineries and restaurants as well. Slower pace and more personal.

Another great visit is Monterey or Carmel. Again it's sort of touristy but many of the people visiting are from the greater regional area so it's local tourists. Weather is great that time of year. Check out the Hyatt Carmel Highlands hotel. I've stayed there before and the views are amazing. Very secluded.

bourdain21 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:37 PM   #5
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

I'm sure there are all kinds of travel blogs that will give you specific recos on places in different cities but I definitely think there is a way to do a city in a non touristy way. The answer is avoid the tourist spots. Go to the places the locals go.

They best non-touristy vacations I've ever had have been where I stayed with friends and just went to they're normal places...bars, restaurants, nightspots, cool little breakfast places, but no touristy places or they were places where I'd lived in the past or spent a lot of time & kind of became a "local"....same deal...just hit the cool spots

Important in this is find a "cool" (can mean different things to different people) in town residential neighborhood to stay in. You can stay in a hotel but don't stay downtown or in the business district. Airbnb another option. Then stay in that area. Don't go tromping all over the metro area to far flung corners to see things on a tourguide. That's what tourists do.

I think you could recreate that. If you have a friend in one of the places you'd like to go ask them for an itinerary of all the out of the local places in a given neighborhood. Don't invite yourself to stay with them but of course offer to meet for dinner etc. while you are there. Ask a couple friends. Post on facebook looking for suggestions. But keep in focused on a neighborhood.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:36 PM   #6
ArrDevel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Try St. Simons Island, GA. Very homey atmosphere and it will be almost empty of tourists. Be sure to stop by Blackwater Grill for some shrimp n grits and boudin fritters! Google Golden Isles Georgia.
ArrDevel is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:38 AM   #7
thunder01
Premium Access

Encounters: 110

Try Copenhagen!! Cheap flights on sale with Norwegian. Lots to see and do out of the touristy areas and plenty of p2p, or the ladies lived my Okie accent and scored freebies a lot as well.
thunder01 is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:45 AM   #8
DarkeyKong
Account Disabled

Thanks for the input everyone! I guess I could have clarified a little better. i am interested in an international destination, an exotic place rich with historical culture in a relaxing environment. Historical landmarks and structures would be a part of the experience as well. By non-touristy, I would equate the destination to be utr so to speak, a place seldomly talked about.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #9
Missy Mariposa
Magdalene in gogo boots

User ID: 10853
My ECCIE Reviews

Vancouver, BC and then get to a "getaway" spot like Whistler or Kelowna. You have mountains, beaches, an urban metro all within 2 hours. It's got everything you describe in your wants, no question
Missy Mariposa is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #10
DarkeyKong
Account Disabled

Thank you Missy, ironic, I just had a convo with a cohort today about skiing in Whistler. I think this is a great suggestion!
Old 07-13-2015, 11:39 AM   #11
bourdain21
Valued Poster

It's getting more popular lately, but Chile and Argentina are really becoming great destinations. The food is great, along with the culture and people. Lots of history too. Laos and Cambodia are similar, becoming more popular but still UTR. Places like that, that are on the rise with tourism are great. Not everyone is going there yet, but enough people are that the tourist industry is somewhat supported (i.e. restaurants, hotels, infastructure, etc).
bourdain21 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women