Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59943
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47563
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 04-21-2022, 07:07 PM   #1
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1
Default down goes CNN+ bahhahhaaaa

CNN+ crashes and burns.

CNN+ is shutting down just weeks after launching

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cnn-p...155908886.html

Kris Holt ·Contributing Reporter
Thu, April 21, 2022, 10:59 AM·1 min read

Just three weeks after the streaming service launched, Warner Bros. Discovery announced it is shutting down CNN+. Variety broke the news. The service will cease operations on April 30th, according to multiple reports, meaning it will close after just 32 days.

CNBC reported last week that CNN+ was pulling in just 10,000 daily users who were willing to pay $6 per month for exclusive live, on-demand and interactive news-driven programming. New CNN president Chris Licht, who was appointed after WarnerMedia and Discovery merged earlier this month, reportedly made the recommendation to kill CNN+.

Andrew Morse, the executive vice president who was running CNN+, is expected to leave Warner Bros. Discovery after a transition period. Reports suggest there may be hundreds of related job cuts.

It seems some CNN+ programming could be bound for HBO Max. CNN itself noted that Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav wants to combine the company's content into a single streaming service. That tracks with the plan to eventually merge HBO Max and Discovery+.

CNN had high hopes for the project. It invested hundreds of millions of dollars into the streaming service and recruited talent from other networks (such as Kasie Hunt from NBC and Chris Wallace from Fox News) to host CNN+ shows. However, Warner Bros. Discovery executives quickly pulled the plug after CNN+ failed to gain much traction.

For what it's worth, CNN+ crashed and burned even harder than Quibi. The short-form streaming service launched in April 2020 and shut down that December. Warner Bros. Discovery might take a little solace in the fact that Quibi blew nearly $2 billion instead of a relatively meager nine-figure sum.

in other news ...

CNN’s Ratings Collapse: Prime Time Down Nearly 70% In Key Demo

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy...h=1b6dc36f6dda

Mark JoyellaSenior Contributor
I cover political media--and media politics.

Feb 21, 2022,11:28am EST

It has been a very bad month for CNN. On February 2, the network’s talismanic leader, Jeff Zucker, resigned under pressure after the continuing investigation into prime time anchor Chris Cuomo’s time at the network uncovered a consensual relationship with CNN chief marketing officer Allison Gollust. “I was required to disclose (the relationship) when it began but I didn't,” Zucker said in an email to CNN staff. “I was wrong. As a result, I am resigning today."

Zucker’s exit has led to a series of damaging reports, including a New York Times story detailing Gollust’s role in influencing the questions to be asked during a live interview with then-Governor Andrew Cuomo. Gollust was forced to resign from CNN on February 15. She denies violating journalistic norms in passing along suggested questions from Cuomo—for whom she had worked previously—to network producers.
MORE FROM FORBESJeff Zucker's Sudden Exit Comes At A Critical Moment For CNNBy Mark Joyella

Now, a review of ratings data compiled by Nielsen shows the internal chaos at the network is mirrored by deep declines in viewership across all day parts—total day and prime time. Through February 15, CNN’s average prime time audience among viewers 25-54—the key demographic valued by advertisers—was just 126,000, representing a 69% drop from the same period one year ago. Among total viewers, the average audience was 534,000, a decline of 68% from 2021.

To be fair to CNN, cable news viewership has dropped from a year ago, with the fallout from the 2020 election and the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol driving high viewership. MSNBC saw a 62% drop among viewers 25-54 year-over-year, and a 47% decline among all viewers. Fox News Channel was the only cable news network to increase its viewership—up 6% in the key demo and up 2% among total viewers—compared to the same period in 2021
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:02 PM   #2
VerySkeptical
BANNED

Truth Social is headed for the shitter. Trump himself has only posted once on the doomed site.

"So far, however, Truth Social has failed to gain traction or popularity among users. The app has seen a 93 percent drop in sign ups since its launch, and installs declined by 800,000 users, according to data from Sensor Tower, a mobile analytics firm. Following news of the decline in usage, shares for Digital World Acquisition Corp., the special purpose acquisition company that is joining with Trump Media and Technology Group (the company backing Truth Social), declined by over 30 percent, according to Bloomberg.

Trump himself has only posted once on the app. He had 827,000 followers as of Monday morning."

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...xodus-00022706

And on top of all that, Truth Social has been under SEC investigation for several months now. Roger Stone has complained about being censored. Isn't that a hoot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
CNN+ crashes and burns.

CNN+ is shutting down just weeks after launching

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cnn-p...155908886.html

Kris Holt ·Contributing Reporter
Thu, April 21, 2022, 10:59 AM·1 min read

Just three weeks after the streaming service launched, Warner Bros. Discovery announced it is shutting down CNN+. Variety broke the news. The service will cease operations on April 30th, according to multiple reports, meaning it will close after just 32 days.

CNBC reported last week that CNN+ was pulling in just 10,000 daily users who were willing to pay $6 per month for exclusive live, on-demand and interactive news-driven programming. New CNN president Chris Licht, who was appointed after WarnerMedia and Discovery merged earlier this month, reportedly made the recommendation to kill CNN+.

Andrew Morse, the executive vice president who was running CNN+, is expected to leave Warner Bros. Discovery after a transition period. Reports suggest there may be hundreds of related job cuts.

It seems some CNN+ programming could be bound for HBO Max. CNN itself noted that Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav wants to combine the company's content into a single streaming service. That tracks with the plan to eventually merge HBO Max and Discovery+.

CNN had high hopes for the project. It invested hundreds of millions of dollars into the streaming service and recruited talent from other networks (such as Kasie Hunt from NBC and Chris Wallace from Fox News) to host CNN+ shows. However, Warner Bros. Discovery executives quickly pulled the plug after CNN+ failed to gain much traction.

For what it's worth, CNN+ crashed and burned even harder than Quibi. The short-form streaming service launched in April 2020 and shut down that December. Warner Bros. Discovery might take a little solace in the fact that Quibi blew nearly $2 billion instead of a relatively meager nine-figure sum.

in other news ...

CNN’s Ratings Collapse: Prime Time Down Nearly 70% In Key Demo

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy...h=1b6dc36f6dda

Mark JoyellaSenior Contributor
I cover political media--and media politics.

Feb 21, 2022,11:28am EST

It has been a very bad month for CNN. On February 2, the network’s talismanic leader, Jeff Zucker, resigned under pressure after the continuing investigation into prime time anchor Chris Cuomo’s time at the network uncovered a consensual relationship with CNN chief marketing officer Allison Gollust. “I was required to disclose (the relationship) when it began but I didn't,” Zucker said in an email to CNN staff. “I was wrong. As a result, I am resigning today."

Zucker’s exit has led to a series of damaging reports, including a New York Times story detailing Gollust’s role in influencing the questions to be asked during a live interview with then-Governor Andrew Cuomo. Gollust was forced to resign from CNN on February 15. She denies violating journalistic norms in passing along suggested questions from Cuomo—for whom she had worked previously—to network producers.
MORE FROM FORBESJeff Zucker's Sudden Exit Comes At A Critical Moment For CNNBy Mark Joyella

Now, a review of ratings data compiled by Nielsen shows the internal chaos at the network is mirrored by deep declines in viewership across all day parts—total day and prime time. Through February 15, CNN’s average prime time audience among viewers 25-54—the key demographic valued by advertisers—was just 126,000, representing a 69% drop from the same period one year ago. Among total viewers, the average audience was 534,000, a decline of 68% from 2021.

To be fair to CNN, cable news viewership has dropped from a year ago, with the fallout from the 2020 election and the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol driving high viewership. MSNBC saw a 62% drop among viewers 25-54 year-over-year, and a 47% decline among all viewers. Fox News Channel was the only cable news network to increase its viewership—up 6% in the key demo and up 2% among total viewers—compared to the same period in 2021
VerySkeptical is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 10:07 PM   #3
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Blimey! More WHATABOUTISM from a liberal.

.... "But.. but.. but... Look at Trump ---" ...

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 11:41 PM   #4
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

I mentioned this on the conservative stock thread regarding AT&T who are the former owners of CNN. CNN under new management.

discovery managment appears to have rolled their sleeve and started ripping out the bad stuff at CNN.

zucker really ruined cnn.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:48 AM   #5
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySkeptical View Post
Truth Social is headed for the shitter. Trump himself has only posted once on the doomed site.

"So far, however, Truth Social has failed to gain traction or popularity among users. The app has seen a 93 percent drop in sign ups since its launch, and installs declined by 800,000 users, according to data from Sensor Tower, a mobile analytics firm. Following news of the decline in usage, shares for Digital World Acquisition Corp., the special purpose acquisition company that is joining with Trump Media and Technology Group (the company backing Truth Social), declined by over 30 percent, according to Bloomberg.

Trump himself has only posted once on the app. He had 827,000 followers as of Monday morning."

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...xodus-00022706

And on top of all that, Truth Social has been under SEC investigation for several months now. Roger Stone has complained about being censored. Isn't that a hoot?

Munchy, TS is doing just fine. Well over 1 million users in a few months. With millions more on the waitlist. They’re still in the testing phase. Twitter is going down the tubes, along with Netflix. Run along Munchie.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 05:15 AM   #6
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Oh! The carnage! They are stacking the bodies up like cord wood

More victims of the Woke-ism-nado:

CNN+
as mentioned by the OP
WWCWD - What Will Chris Wallass Do?!?

Disney
Shares are plunging like Mickey with a stone around his neck
Florida is set to revoke their tax benefit status

Netflix
Share price is going sub-sub basement level
Lost 200K subscribers, compared to adding 1 million as projected
Announce probable 2 million loss for the coming year

Twitter
Musk has put together a solid and tight financing package that most nobody can beat (can you say proper fooked?)
1st acquisition after buy out will likely be Truth social (personal opinion)

Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 05:45 AM   #7
bambino
Valued Poster

https://t.me/rrndaily/297518

BAHAHAHAHA
Old 04-22-2022, 07:19 AM   #8
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... Blimey! More WHATABOUTISM from a liberal.

.... "But.. but.. but... Look at Trump ---" ...

#### Salty
But but but … that’s all you and those you follow understand.

Faux.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:33 AM   #9
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

CNN Viewers to CNN………”Hey, we listen to your Broadcasting Crap out of necessity because it is part of my Cable or Satellite Package.

We can’t believe you thought we would pay extra for your shit.”
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 10:17 AM   #10
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Difficult to see any point of this thread. Streaming is a lousy business. Netflix just crashed and burned due to declining subscribers. Savage competition for viewers. Paramount down 20% in a week.

This is almost as misleading as the thread that screamed Pfizer was being delisted from the NYSE.

Better just stay with your sources like thegateway pundit, you'll be happy there reading that BS.
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:17 AM   #11
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default R-i-g-h-t... dwindling are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
Difficult to see any point of this thread. Streaming is a lousy business. Netflix just crashed and burned due to declining subscribers. Savage competition for viewers. Paramount down 20% in a week...
Wat! WUT?!? That's all you gleaned from all that? That they just have a declining subscriber base, like that is normal for a streaming company of which Netflix was a King-Kong of? Just a few dwindling subscribers.

O I C, I bet you got all that from CNN+. AmIrite?
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:44 AM   #12
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

I don't give a shit about CNN
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 02:12 PM   #13
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
I don't give a shit about CNN
Then why did you post in this thread VitaBoi?
Old 04-22-2022, 02:57 PM   #14
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan
Difficult to see any point of my threads.

This is almost as misleading as the threads i start about the same things over and over. .

Better just stay with my sources like CNN, ill be happy there reading that BS.

ftfy
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:12 PM   #15
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Difficult to see any point of this thread. Streaming is a lousy business. Netflix just crashed and burned due to declining subscribers. Savage competition for viewers. Paramount down 20% in a week.

This is almost as misleading as the thread that screamed Pfizer was being delisted from the NYSE.

Better just stay with your sources like thegateway pundit, you'll be happy there reading that BS.
Come on. CNN put millions in to this boondoggle only to be handed the stark reality that I stated in post #9.
Jackie S is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women