Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59949
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47568
pyramider46370
bambino40332
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35398
Mojojo33117

Old 04-07-2015, 03:01 PM   #1
Luvs2Purrr
RETIRED

User ID: 246134
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Info / help on squatters rights?

I just want to make sure I have my ducks all in a row before I do something that I might regret in a few months. Any info / comments are greatly appreciated if sincere.

I'm hoping to move by July 1st, as I am currently living with family. As I need my own space or for hobbying more often. I have a friend that I have asked about being roommates with. Which this person would not be around when I am hobbying and having my play time. We will both be on the lease. Thinking it would be best to do just a 6 month lease instead of a year just in case it doesn't work out having a roommate. So, after the 6 months are up and I find that I no longer want a roommate and its time to renew the lease. If I have enough money to renew and sign but the roommate does not have money to keep going with a renewal, can I make mention to the people in the office of the complex that roommate won't be renewing lease due to not having the money and all will be ok...or no? Also, roommate plans to fudge documentation on info about his pet just so his pet is allowed. I'm just trying to make sure that #1 (me) is safe in all of this.

If additional info is needed...please ask me anything.
I hope I didn't make this too confusing.
Luvs2Purrr is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #2
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

No offense, but are you asking about a situation that may or may not happen six months after July 2015? WTF?!

As for the pet issue, you might want to explain further. Be CLEAR and CONCISE.

Also, WTF does the title to your post have to do with the post itself?
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #3
Luvs2Purrr
RETIRED

My ECCIE Reviews

Ok....1. I don't want to get started in the first place if things can possibly go wrong even after our lease is up and want to renew.

2. The place I'm looking into they have a pet policy of a max weight of 35 lbs. His dog is 73 lbs as we weighed him yesterday. He said he's going to put his dog on a diet and lose some weight and then what ever is left over have a relative that is a vet in florida fudge paper work saying that he's had all his shots, he weighs under the max limit etc etc.

3. A good friend of mine told me today that this is considered as "Squatters rights" that if I wanted him to move out for any reason if it didn't work out that I would have a hard time getting him out once he has lived with me after 30 days.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #4
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi Lyn View Post
Ok....1. I don't want to get started in the first place if things can possibly go wrong even after our lease is up and want to renew.
Of course things can possibly go wrong!

Quote:
2. The place I'm looking into they have a pet policy of a max weight of 35 lbs. His dog is 73 lbs as we weighed him yesterday. He said he's going to put his dog on a diet and lose some weight and then what ever is left over have a relative that is a vet in florida fudge paper work saying that he's had all his shots, he weighs under the max limit etc etc.
That's stupid. The landlord will undoubtedly come to learn the dog is twice the permitted weight and either evict you two or impose financial penalties.

Quote:
3. A good friend of mine told me today that this is considered as "Squatters rights" that if I wanted him to move out for any reason if it didn't work out that I would have a hard time getting him out once he has lived with me after 30 days.
Absolute horseshit! Entitlement to occupy the apartment stems from an agreement between each of you and the landlord, not between you two. There's no such thing as a '30-day squatter's rights rule.'
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #5
Luvs2Purrr
RETIRED

My ECCIE Reviews

Ok....thanks. that's what I wanted to find out.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:07 AM   #6
The Eternal Bachelor
Photographer

Encounters: 2

I met a woman that was an apartment manager several years ago, she said they evicted people all the time for having pets that violated whatever pet policy the apartments had that she happened to be working for.
The Eternal Bachelor is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:10 PM   #7
Luvs2Purrr
RETIRED

My ECCIE Reviews

Yes...that is just something I'm not willing to risk when its not even my dog. So, its back to the drawing board.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #8
algrace
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

If you decide to renew and aren't sure the roomie can afford it, moving (singlely) to another unit would allow the apartment deal with whether said roommate vacates the formerly shared unit, and while less convenient due to packing, etc, you aren't put in the middle of that.
algrace is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:55 PM   #9
Luvs2Purrr
RETIRED

My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you (algrace). I had thought the same thing. But now I don't think its worth the hassle.

Thanks for everyone's advice / comments.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women