Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > New Orleans > The Sandbox - New Orleans
The Sandbox - New Orleans The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70453
biomed160855
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452975
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47676
pyramider46370
bambino40406
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35585
Mojojo33117

Old 06-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
heidilynnla
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9583
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Treme

Wow! I heard Treme was soooo good, so I added HBO to my cable package. Is anyone watching this? All these Hollywood types want to come to our city and give such a distorted perspective of what happens here. This one will be off the air as fast as K-Ville. You want a hit show? Try showing the reality of the "criminal side" of New Orleans.

Let's be real here. Give me a break!
heidilynnla is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I saw Treme couple times...I could never reallly get into it though.......have yall seen BAD LIEUTENANT....with Nick Cage filmed in Nola after Katrina....unusuall but good movie
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
juan2fork
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Heidi, it was renewed for a second season. I kinda like it. I'm a NOLA native living elsewhere in the state.
juan2fork is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

@ Heidi The creators of ‘Treme’ were also behind ‘The Wire’, which was an excellent series.

I enjoy most of the characters in ‘Treme’. John Goodman is good. The fiddle player, in real life, is an Italian girl from New York who trained professionally as a violin player. I find her ‘Treme’ character exotically attractive—her clothes and the swaying of her body—when she plays. Wendell Pierce, who plays Antoine Bastiste in ‘Treme’ (also starred in ‘The Wire’), is from New Orleans, and he made the extra effort to learn how to play the trombone to make his character more credible. I think he is doing an excellent job. The show is worth watching.

@ Dallas The original ‘Bad Lieutenant’ (1992) starred Harvey Keitel. I haven’t seen the new one yet, but I look forward to it based on your recommendation.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
stavinChain
Ribbed, for her pleasure.

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidilynnla View Post
All these Hollywood types want to come to our city and give such a distorted perspective of what happens here. This one will be off the air as fast as K-Ville.
I like it. HBO apparently liked it too since they OK'd a second season. It's not for everyone. It's fiction, not a documentary.

One of the executive producers, Eric Overmeyer, has owned a house in New Orleans for 20 years. In my humble opinion, I think they've gone out of their way to make it somewhat authentic. But it is HBO, after all, not the History Channel. And they've got to 'sell' it to the rest of the world, not us locals.

Personally, I've wondered since day one if the rest of the country 'gets' the idea of Mardi Gras Indians, Second Lines, and Social Aid and Pleasure Clubs. Hell, I don't even think folks in Metairie understand them.

In a recent interview, one of the people associated with the show said that they're putting around 2 million dollars in the pockets of local musicians this year. I doubt they're complaining too much.

Just my two cents.
stavinChain is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #6
VeronicaMoore
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1712
My ECCIE Reviews

It's truly one of the most "authentic" portrayals of NOLA I have ever seen. I love it. Being involved somewhat in the NOLA music scene for a while, it's nice seeing so many people I know on TV now that I'm not in the city anymore.

There are only maaaaaaybe one or two things (that I noticed, anyway) that weren't totally realistic. I can tell they definitely put a lot of thought and research time into Treme.

Davis is a favorite character of mine since he's pretty much exactly like EVERY ONE of the Tulane trust-fund kids I know. LOL. It's so real!
VeronicaMoore is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:32 AM   #7
heidilynnla
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9583
My ECCIE Reviews

Well maybe I should try to see it from the beginning.
heidilynnla is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
Jacquie
Account Disabled

User ID: 5613
My ECCIE Reviews

Yeah, I agree about Davis. He's my favorite. Yeah, he is like every Uptown brat I've ever met.

I really enjoy the show. The cinematography is pretty amazing imo.

I think all the characters are pretty fantastic representations of types of people I've met from New Orleans. Of course, it's fiction, so their traits will be compacted and exaggerated. One of my clients and I were talking about Davis's aunt, who seemed to dead on with those smarmy martini drinking female elders of the city.

People complain of the references, but those I've met from New Orleans are packed full of those, because they're proud of the details and tradition (however small) of their city. There's nothing wrong with that, and I find it enchanting!
Jacquie is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #9
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

One thing you have to say about Davis, like him or hate him, he loves his city.
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #10
hammernilla
Registered Member

David Simon is brilliant, and the first season came out pretty good. I however did find several cringe moments at how often they tried to pour new orleans down your throat. Street names after Street names and the whole red beans and it a'int even monday shit.

But I suppose being a city that gets so much money from tourists we have always had the love hate relationship with out of towners perception of us. Overall it's nice to read an HBO love letter to home but between this and katrina give new orleans 10 years and we'll have turned into austin. HIPSTERS!
hammernilla is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women