Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59942
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 04-18-2022, 03:38 PM   #1
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67
Default "To be a Republican means to believe the Big Lie..."

This isn't going away. Unfortunately, neither are the gullible masses who would prefer to flail hysterically about in denial and delusion rather than to work to fix the world that their lunacy created.

The author, a Republican, calls this form of madness "...more of an attitude, or a tribal pose."

I agree.

Other than "because it was," I'd love to hear some explanations from our resident Trumpists.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ection/629572/

Trump Supporters Explain Why They Believe the Big Lie

For many of Trump’s voters, the belief that the election was stolen is not a fully formed thought. It’s more of an attitude, or a tribal pose.

About the author: Sarah Longwell is the executive director of Republicans for the Rule of Law, publisher of The Bulwark, and host of the Focus Group podcast.

Some 35 percent of Americans—including 68 percent of Republicans—believe the Big Lie, pushed relentlessly by former President Donald Trump and amplified by conservative media, that the 2020 presidential election was stolen. They think that Trump was the true victor and that he should still be in the White House today.

I regularly host focus groups to better understand how voters are thinking about key political topics. Recently, I decided to find out why Trump 2020 voters hold so strongly to the Big Lie.

For many of Trump’s voters, the belief that the election was stolen is not a fully formed thought. It’s more of an attitude, or a tribal pose. They know something nefarious occurred but can’t easily explain how or why. What’s more, they’re mystified and sometimes angry that other people don’t feel the same.

As a woman from Wisconsin told me, “I can’t really put my finger on it, but something just doesn’t feel right.” A man from Pennsylvania said, “Something about it just didn’t seem right.” A man from Arizona said, “It didn’t smell right.”

The exact details of the story vary—was it Hugo Chávez who stole the election? Or the CIA? Or Italian defense contractors? Outlandish claims like these seem to have made this conspiracy theory more durable, not less. Regardless of plausibility, the more questions that are raised, the more mistrustful Trump voters are of the official results.

Perhaps that’s because the Big Lie has been part of their background noise for years.

Remember that Trump began spreading the notion that America’s elections were “rigged” in 2016—when he thought he would lose. Many Republicans firmly believed that the Democrats would steal an election if given the chance. When the 2020 election came and Trump did lose, his voters were ready to doubt the outcome.

Some Trump voters looked at the numbers and couldn’t make sense of them. How could so many more people have voted in 2020 than in 2016? A man from North Carolina, when asked why he thought the election was stolen, said, “There was 10 million more votes for Trump in this last election than he got in 2016. You’re telling me that [Joe] Biden got that many?”

To the extent that Big Lie believers try to explain their skepticism over millions more people voting for Biden than for Trump, they often point to relative crowd sizes at rallies. As the man from North Carolina put it, “I personally went to Trump rallies that were filling stadiums, and then Biden can’t even fill a freaking library. Like, no, it’s not true. I don’t believe it. Don’t buy it.”

Another common refrain is that the votes “flipped” in the middle of Election Night. Trump supporters went to bed thinking that their guy had won and then woke up to a different reality—which to them was startling and deeply suspicious. A woman from Georgia told me, “When I went to bed, Trump was so in the lead and then [I got] up and he’s not in the lead. I mean, that’s crazy.”

Long before Election Day, the media had warned about a “red mirage” and alerted Americans to the possibility that Trump would have a large lead on Election Night only to have it dissipate as mail-in ballots were counted. But if you were watching Fox News, you probably didn’t hear any of this. Instead, Trump, MAGA-friendly politicians, and conservative media outlets were priming voters to see a conspiracy.

Trump correctly assumed that the majority of the mail-in ballots that would be counted late at night would go to Biden. So he cast mail-in ballots as fraudulent almost by definition. The woman from Georgia told me that mail-in ballots were “a crock,” without elaborating further.

Attempts to set the record straight tend to backfire. When you tell Trump voters that the election wasn’t stolen, some of them tally that as evidence that it was stolen. A woman from Arizona told me, “I think what convinced me more that the election was fixed was how vehemently they have said it wasn’t.”

These voters aren’t bad or unintelligent people. The problem is that the Big Lie is embedded in their daily life. They hear from Trump-aligned politicians, their like-minded peers, and MAGA-friendly media outlets—and from these sources they hear the same false claims repeated ad infinitum.

Now we are at the point where to be a Republican means to believe the Big Lie. And as long as Republicans leading the party keep promoting and indulging the Big Lie, that will continue to be the case. If I’ve learned anything from my focus groups, it’s that something doesn’t have to make sense for voters to believe it’s true.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 03:45 PM   #2
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

THE EMPEROR'S NEW CLOTHES

https://andersen.sdu.dk/vaerk/hersho...Clothes_e.html

Quote:
Quote:
Many years ago there was an Emperor so exceedingly fond of new clothes that he spent all his money on being well dressed. He cared nothing about reviewing his soldiers, going to the theatre, or going for a ride in his carriage, except to show off his new clothes. He had a coat for every hour of the day, and instead of saying, as one might, about any other ruler, "The King's in council," here they always said. "The Emperor's in his dressing room."

. . .

The Emperor shivered, for he suspected they were right. But he thought, "This procession has got to go on." So he walked more proudly than ever, as his noblemen held high the train that wasn't there at all.
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 03:54 PM   #3
Levianon17
Valued Poster

It's not a lie, it's a fact. Biden is just too stupid to win an election by his own merit. Fifty years in Politics Plagiarizing, lying and pretending to be something he is not. The Democrats are the ones believing a lie. Most Conservatives don't need anymore convincing the Election was a sham. Not everybody hates Trump as much as Democrats think. Many Democrats voted for Trump. They knew what a joke Biden was and what a major fuck up he is. The only way Biden can get reelected is for the Democrats to cheat again. This subject no longer needs to be discussed.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 03:58 PM   #4
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
It's not a lie, it's a fact. Biden is just too stupid to win an election by his own merit. Fifty years in Politics Plagiarizing, lying and pretending to be something he is not. The Democrats are the ones believing a lie. Most Conservatives don't need anymore convincing the Election was a sham. Not everybody hates Trump as much as Democrats think. Many Democrats voted for Trump. They knew what a joke Biden was and what a major fuck up he is. The only way Biden can get reelected is for the Democrats to cheat again. This subject no longer needs to be discussed.

To say it is not a lie... is a lie. Trump cheated as much as he could....and still lost...bigly
matchingmole is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 04:21 PM   #5
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchingmole View Post
To say it is not a lie... is a lie. Trump cheated as much as he could....and still lost...bigly
Good luck with that idea. If that's what gets you through the night, lol.
Old 04-18-2022, 04:36 PM   #6
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Quote:
Good luck with that idea. If that's what gets you through the night, lol.
Not an idea.....Trump lost.....Trumptards are in denial....they have been brainwashed by the crapstream media
Old 04-18-2022, 05:56 PM   #7
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
It's not a lie, it's a fact. This subject no longer needs to be discussed.

Almost 1 1/2 years have passed since the 2020 presidential election. Absolutely no proof there was MASSIVE election fraud. Yet the above poster calls it a fact.

Over 60 court cases brought by Trump lawyers all over the USA. EVERY SINGLE ONE had no merit and was tossed out.

What does it take to deprogram the Trumpites to realize Trump lost the election ?
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 05:58 PM   #8
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... I think the writer of the Atlantic article used the
phrase "The Big Lie" some 8 or 10 times there.

But WHO came up with the phrase "The Big Lie"??

Was it the news media - the SAME news media that told us
Trump surely "colluded with the Russians"??

OR was it the Democrat party - the same Dems who told us
that the Hiden Biden laptop was FAKE and "Russian Disinformation"??

That's all you need to remember.

### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 06:20 PM   #9
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Not an idea.....Trump lost.....Trumptards are in denial....they have been brainwashed by the crapstream media
There's nothing to deny that Trump lost. It's the how and why that leave questions. Corruption runs rampant in American Politics, Democrats are just giving it a new meaning. For Democrats Deception is a side job, lol.
Old 04-18-2022, 06:29 PM   #10
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post

### Salty
You are thick as a brick, son.

This is who “came up” with the phrase:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 06:35 PM   #11
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post

### Salty

All you need to remember is "Crime of the Century." Who came up with that ? Your man Trump. Of course it wasn't original.

Not to mention yelling "MASSIVE election fraud." thousands of times when there was none. That is called crying wolf. Now many of the media will cut off his phone or tv interview when he starts that up again.

The PT Barnum of bs.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:38 PM   #12
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... And yet the odds-on favourite to WIN in 2024.

... With Trump it's America FIRST!

... With Biden it's America LAST!

... And everybody knows it! ..

### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:34 PM   #13
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Horse shit. With Trump it is Trump first, fuck everyone else.
royamcr is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:54 PM   #14
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Quote:
There's nothing to deny that Trump lost. It's the how and why that leave questions. Corruption runs rampant in American Politics, Democrats are just giving it a new meaning. For Democrats Deception is a side job, lol.
The how----he had fewer votes
The why......fewer people liked him....thus fewer people voted for him...as he wasted four years... also not keeping his promises didn't help
Old 04-18-2022, 11:09 PM   #15
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
All you need to remember is "Crime of the Century." Who came up with that ? Your man Trump. Of course it wasn't original.

Not to mention yelling "MASSIVE election fraud." thousands of times when there was none. That is called crying wolf. Now many of the media will cut off his phone or tv interview when he starts that up again.

The PT Barnum of bs.
Quote:
The how----he had fewer votes
The why......fewer people liked him....thus fewer people voted for him...as he wasted four years... also not keeping his promises didn't help

it's simple. even a dull bulb like you can understand. it was stolen. the media stole it. and the democrats.

Poll: One In Six Biden Voters Would Have Changed Their Vote If They Had Known About Scandals Suppressed By Media

https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/24...ssed-by-media/

Media’s suppression of Hunter Biden’s laptop was election interference

Had Biden voters known of scandal, election would've tipped to Trump

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...as-election-i/

https://books.google.com/books?id=9G0sEAAAQBAJ&pg=PT154 &lpg=PT154&dq=many+democrat s+w ouldn%27t+have+voted+for+biden +if+they+knew+about+scandals&s ource=bl&ots=beYX9QqWwZ&sig=AC fU3U1YpBK2l94MJRMA2CoQbaEy0KGC Yg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiF0t y t-p73AhWRnWoFHd-KBz4Q6AF6BAgxEAM#v=onepage&q=m any%20democrats%20wouldn't%20h ave%20voted%20for%20biden%20if %20they%20knew%20about%20scand als&f=false

any DA NILES on the laptop now?

Washington Post, New York Times finally admit Hunter’s laptop is real — but only to protect Joe Biden some more

https://nypost.com/2022/04/01/new-yo...ect-joe-biden/

Hunter Biden’s Laptop Is Finally News Fit to Print

https://www.wsj.com/articles/all-the...en-11647637814

or you can believe the american public if they knew the truth really would have voted for this idiot

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women