Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160732
Yssup Rider60090
gman4452945
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47639
pyramider46370
bambino40352
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35469
Mojojo33117

Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM   #1
texassapper
Premium Access

Encounters: 36
Default Observations during the late Republic

This is why the education system denigrated the teaching of history.

In the late Roman Republic, Patricians, wealthy Plebians, and successful Generals were often prosecuted for crimes (real and imaginary) after they left office and no longer were protected by the office they held. They were prosecuted by their political enemies, as a general rule of thumb, in order to gain power, prevent the individual from gaining further power, and so forth.

One of the key reasons that Julius Caesar broke Roman law and led his Army across the Rubicon River and into Italy was that he knew that his political enemies were going to prosecute him for crimes they believed he had committed while Consul. Once his 10 year term of Pro-Consul of Cis-Alpine Gaul was complete, they would bring charges against him and then have him exiled or executed. He attempted to negotiate with the Senate for amnesty from prosecution in return for relinquishing command of his Legions, but the Senate refused and ordered him to relinquish command and return to Rome alone.

When Julius Caesar refused, he knew (and said) that the die was cast, meaning that he would have to fight a civil war now. And he led his legions into Italy, which ultimately ended the Republic.

If you think this isn’t what we see happening right now in America, you don’t understand that history and how it is repeating itself.

And for the REALLY stupid... I don't think Trump is Caesar. But we've now created the conditions to end the Republic for the same reason.
texassapper is online now   Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM   #2
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Ahhhhh ceaser did it to himself.
Trumpf is no ceaser but he too is responsible for his own downfall.
Our republic is just fine.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM   #3
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I don't have to look earlier than the 1930s to see history repeating itself.

That's why the nation together rose up in 2020 to end the Trump regime and prevent another Turd Reich from rising.

That's why it'll happen again.

Hail Caesar!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM   #4
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

That's why the nation together rose up in 2020 to end the Trump regime and prevent another Turd Reich from rising.

That's why it'll happen again.

Hail Caesar!

(Great source, btw. I go there for all my important news and views. Gotta hand it to you; you're thorough!)
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM   #5
Tigbitties38
Valued Poster

When you mention trump, are you talking about the trump that was charged and convicted of 34 felony charges?
The only similar conditions I see is an asshole willing to start a civil war to illegally stay in power.

You mean the education system trump wanted to end and dissolve
the department of education?
The claim the education system denigrates the teaching of history is bullshit. When, who, and where did this happen?
You have a history of falsehoods.
Going to need a link. A discussion based on a false premise seems pointless. Is there a forum for fantasy threads?

Mods? Can we get a ruling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassapper View Post
This is why the education system denigrated the teaching of history.

In the late Roman Republic, Patricians, wealthy Plebians, and successful Generals were often prosecuted for crimes (real and imaginary) after they left office and no longer were protected by the office they held. They were prosecuted by their political enemies, as a general rule of thumb, in order to gain power, prevent the individual from gaining further power, and so forth.

One of the key reasons that Julius Caesar broke Roman law and led his Army across the Rubicon River and into Italy was that he knew that his political enemies were going to prosecute him for crimes they believed he had committed while Consul. Once his 10 year term of Pro-Consul of Cis-Alpine Gaul was complete, they would bring charges against him and then have him exiled or executed. He attempted to negotiate with the Senate for amnesty from prosecution in return for relinquishing command of his Legions, but the Senate refused and ordered him to relinquish command and return to Rome alone.

When Julius Caesar refused, he knew (and said) that the die was cast, meaning that he would have to fight a civil war now. And he led his legions into Italy, which ultimately ended the Republic.

If you think this isn’t what we see happening right now in America, you don’t understand that history and how it is repeating itself.

And for the REALLY stupid... I don't think Trump is Caesar. But we've now created the conditions to end the Republic for the same reason.
Tigbitties38 is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #6
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

That's why the weaponized nation state was activated in 2015 to end the Trump regime...
Need another Banana for your Republic? If you travel back a bit further in time, you might see the demise of the Roman Empire via some firery but mostly peaceful protestings.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM   #7
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Easy and Peasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigbitties38 View Post
...Mods? Can we get a ruling?
I would rule that honesty and introspection are not your strong suits, which inhibit your ability to advance the cause and case of your own chump-ion.

Tearing another down does NOT raise another up ~ paraphrasing Abe Lincoln

Those that do not learn history are doomed to repeat it. Though the "to repeat it" part is superflous
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women