Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59941
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47559
pyramider46370
bambino40328
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 04-29-2019, 06:03 PM   #1
oeb11
Valued Poster

Default Rosenstein resigns effective May 11, ending tumultuous run as Justice Department’s second-in-command

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...-11/ar-AAAIhH2
Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein — whose tumultuous two years as the No. 2 Justice Department official were marked by battles over the special-counsel probe of President Trump — submitted a resignation letter Monday indicating he will leave the job in two weeks.

Rosenstein’s departure had been expected since the beginning of the year, but the date was repeatedly pushed back as special counsel Robert S. Mueller III wound down his investigation and compiled a report detailing his findings.
Since his first days on the job, Rosenstein’s role in the Trump administration was controversial, from the firing of FBI Director James B. Comey in May 2017 to the conclusion by Rosenstein and Attorney General William P. Barr that there was not sufficient evidence for an obstruction-of-justice case against the president.
Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post
In his resignation letter to Trump, Rosenstein praised the president for his personal charm and policy goals.
“As I submit my resignation effective on May 11, I am grateful to you for the opportunity to serve; for the courtesy and humor you often display in our personal conversations; and for the goals you set in your inaugural address: patriotism, unity, safety, education, and prosperity, because ‘a nation exists to serve its citizens,’ ” Rosenstein wrote.
He ended his letter with a sentence that asserted the Justice Department’s independence, before closing with a phrase from Trump’s campaign: “We keep the faith, we follow the rules, and we always put America first.”
The resignation letter was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.
The new attorney general praised Rosenstein’s long career in federal law enforcement.
“Over the course of his distinguished government career, he has navigated many challenging situations with strength, grace, and good humor,” Barr said in a statement. “Rod has been an invaluable partner to me during my return to the Department, and I have relied heavily on his leadership and judgment over the past several months.”
Earlier this year, Trump nominated Rosenstein’s replacement, Deputy Transportation Secretary Jeffrey Rosen, who still must be confirmed by the Senate. The Judiciary Committee said Monday it will consider Rosen’s nomination on Thursday, which means he could be confirmed by early May.
Rosenstein’s resignation letter comes days after The Washington Post reported that he had assured Trump in a call last year that he was on his team and that the special counsel’s investigation would treat the president fairly.
The September conversation, according to people familiar with it, followed an explosive New York Times report that Rosenstein had suggested wearing a wear to surreptitiously monitor the president, or using the 25th Amendment to oust him from office — reporting that Rosenstein disputes.
“I give the investigation credibility,” Rosenstein told Trump, according to an administration official with knowledge of what was said during the call. “I can land the plane.”
While it is difficult to interpret Rosenstein’s remarks, he was apparently trying to mollify Trump and save his own job, or at least his reputation.
“I can go. I’m ready to go. I can resign. But I don’t want to go out with a tweet,” the deputy attorney general said in a meeting with Trump’s chief of staff before the call, according to one person’s account. Trump routinely makes significant personnel announcements via Twitter.
In his resignation letter, Rosenstein extolled the Justice Department’s accomplishments during the Trump administration.
“We enforce the law without fear or favor because credible evidence is not partisan, and truth is not determined by opinion polls,” Rosenstein wrote. “We ignore fleeting distractions and focus our attention on the things that matter, because a republic that endures is not governed by the news cycle.”
He also defended the department’s handling of the Russia probe, writing that the country “is safer, our elections are more secure, and our citizens are better informed about covert foreign influence efforts.” Rosenstein went on to cite the kinds of cases in which the president has expressed a personal interest. “We also pursued illegal leaks, investigated credible allegations of employee misconduct, and accommodated congressional oversight without compromising law enforcement interests,” he wrote.
Matthew Miller, a former Justice Department spokesman in the Obama administration, said he found particularly odd the “over-the-top praise for the president who has spent his entire tenure attacking the Department of Justice. . . . When one of the most consistent themes of the president’s tenure has been attacking the career men and women at the Department of Justice, it’s just inappropriate for a deputy attorney general to heap all of this unalloyed praise on him.”
On Thursday, in one of his last public speeches as the deputy attorney general, Rosenstein lashed out at politicians and the media, denouncing what he called “mercenary critics who get paid to express passionate opinions about any topic, often with little or no information. . . . They make threats, spread fake stories and even attack your relatives.”
In recent weeks, Rosenstein has faced criticism for how the Justice Department released the findings of Mueller’s investigation. Rosenstein signed on to Barr’s conclusion — which went further than Mueller had been willing to go — that there was insufficient evidence to accuse Trump of obstructing justice, and he stood behind Barr when the attorney general repeatedly declared at a news conference that Mueller had concluded there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
Democrats and legal analysts have asserted that Barr was casting Mueller’s report in a way that was overly favorable to Trump, with public support from Rosenstein.
Rosenstein was long viewed as one of the last bastions insulating the Mueller probe from political interference. But Rosenstein’s role was always deeply controversial, since it was a memo he wrote criticizing Comey that formed the public justification for firing him as FBI director — a move that led Rosenstein, days later, to appoint Mueller as special counsel to carry on the Russia investigation.
devlin.barrett@washpost.com
matt.zapotosky@washpost.com

FYI
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Clearly Trump obstructed justice by allowing Rosenstein to resign.

BAHHHAAAAAAA
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:42 PM   #3
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Please let me thank you for allowing me to resign rather than be indicted for treason. You promise not to come after me and I'll keep my mouth shut...probably.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:30 PM   #4
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

He should be shot.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:00 PM   #5
gnadfly
Account Disabled

The dims won't let anyone get executed until they've full transitioned.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:38 AM   #6
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
Please let me thank you for allowing me to resign rather than be indicted for treason. You promise not to come after me and I'll keep my mouth shut...probably.
I suspect Rosenstein struck a deal with Barr not to be prosecuted. Rod knew where all the bodies were buried and spilled his guts in return.

The truth is coming.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:49 AM   #7
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
I suspect Rosenstein struck a deal with Barr not to be prosecuted. Rod knew where all the bodies were buried and spilled his guts in return.

The truth is coming.
I agree. He wil turn out to be the Democrat's version of John Dean. He knows everything.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:23 AM   #8
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Maybe Rosey is “singing”?
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:26 AM   #9
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

He gave up looking for the Russian's .,,,