Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70453
biomed160837
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452973
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47675
pyramider46370
bambino40403
CryptKicker37103
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35579
Mojojo33117

Old 06-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15
Default For all who post on politics here frequently....

Have any of you ever had an opinion swayed based on what has been written?

I am just curious, since I am relatively new to the board. I like it beter than commenting on the articles directly since there tends to be less posts and I can make time to keep up!
fetishfreak is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
CJ7
Valued Poster

yes, at one time I considered rightwingers ignorant of the facts ... ignorant meaning they simply didnt know ...

now, after reading their responses when presented with facts, THE FACTS apparently mean little or nothing to them and have no effect on their OPINIONS

having been swayed I consider them too stupid to be ignorant.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetishfreak View Post
Have any of you ever had an opinion swayed based on what has been written?

I am just curious, since I am relatively new to the board. I like it beter than commenting on the articles directly since there tends to be less posts and I can make time to keep up!
Yes absolutely! My opinion of liberals has changed. I used to think they were stupid. After reading the liberal posts on here, for several months, I now believe liberals are extremely stupid.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

i really think its that liberals aren't stupid, they aren't, they are quite cunning and rapacious, they want things and they dont care long term about anything
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
i really think its that liberals aren't stupid, they aren't, they are quite cunning and rapacious, they want things and they dont care long term about anything
I was kidding about all liberals being stupid. Many liberals are extremely smart. There's no doubt that Bill Gates, Ted Turner, Steve Jobs and many other liberals are brilliant. I think the thing that causes liberals to make bad choices and reach irrational conclusions is that liberals tend to be guided by emotion more than reason in their political decisions.

It's not that liberals lack the capacity to reason; it's more a matter of emotion overriding reason. I think this is why women, on average, are more liberal than men. Women are just as smart as men, but on average, they tend to be more emotional and consequently more liberal.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I have changed my opinion several times based on what I learned here. It's been awhile, but I the most recent change was in the Paul Revere discussion. I changed my mind, thanked the person who provided the information, and admitted it in the thread. The times before, I can't remember. They were awhile back.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I was kidding about all liberals being stupid. Many liberals are extremely smart. There's no doubt that Bill Gates, Ted Turner, Steve Jobs and many other liberals are brilliant.

my post had in mind the so-called Middle-Class liberal...the union member, the person who comes in and 9 and leaves at 5 and if its not in their job description well you get the picture...and the ones who really dont want to work at all and are all scam...

the rich liberal is in a protective mode.....they have and they want to protect it by scattering crumbs around to keep the peasants from an uprising....they are talk and theory and never a personal investment that would change their cat-bird seat
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #8
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
You know in the end, we all die.

That is why I never understood why the greedy bastards care about inheritance. Welfare for the rich spoiled rotten kids is wtf I call it but that is for another thread.

Back to the question...according to the science( I know , my brothers on the right do not believe in science (until they're sick) ), anyway .according to the science liberals and conservatives have different things that they rank in importance. The one's on the far end of each spectrum will never change their mind. We folks closer to the middle can see the others POV. That is why the Tea Nuts will always be Nuts. They are wacked out there to far right of center.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #9
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Talking Quit thinking out loud, you are embarrassing your brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post

It's not that liberals lack the capacity to reason; it's more a matter of emotion overriding reason. I think this is why . .
Did you read that BS in an e-mail?

Do you want me to provide you a book that debunks all that crap you just wrote? It uses brain research, so you might not believe in it.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Yes. WTF read a book. Hard to believe, I know. But that book answers every question. Just ask him. He read it. Really.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Yes. WTF read a book. Hard to believe, I know. But that book answers every question. Just ask him. He read it. Really.
I think it is a better way to learn than from mass e-mails...

http://neandergal.wordpress.com/2011...lieving-brain/

Filtering systems are another mechanism that filters out information that fails to match an idea or set of ideas because we naturally seek out information in the form of patterns that confirm and reinforces the belief or set of ideas; i.e., conformation bias. Shermer contends that the belief in elaborate conspiracy theories such as those of 9/11 truthers or the fans of a losing side of a sporting team are individuals whose “pattern-detection filters are wide open” Conspiracy theorists make patterns from randomness and add an agent such as the government in the case of 911 truthers, or a biased referee in the case of a losing team to add meaning or purpose to their claims. Shermer dismantles the conspiracy theories of holocaust deniers, 911 truthers and the assassination of John F. Kennedy by the CIA by highlighting the fallacious arguments given by conspiracy theorists and provides evidence for how these events unfolded without the agents of government. The list of cognitive biases described in the book read like a basic psychology course, but illustrate where we cognitively fall over in the way we view the world no matter how rational we perceive ourselves.
Shermer concludes by reiterating that science is a tool that can help control our filtering systems. It is not enough to argue from ignorance and apply an agent to what we don’t know or understand. We must require evidence using science as the tool to find answers to our questions. The burden of proof must lie with the person or group of people making a claim. Science has various mechanisms that help to identify and breakdown biases. Shermer describes how even the scientific method is not perfect, but it is the best tool yet for understanding the natural world
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Both the extreme left and right are unable to give a inch,so anything the other believes is considered bullshit by the other,and nothing will change their minds,and each can show FACTS to support their claim.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Right is Right. GOD does not live in my head. Good Luck Fuckers...
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #14
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

I bet you never make a left hand turn when you are driving.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #15
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
Both the extreme left and right are unable to give a inch,so anything the other believes is considered bullshit by the other,and nothing will change their minds,and each can show FACTS to support their claim.
Interesting. Then how do you explain:

Obama was against drone strikes, now he's the drone strike king.
Obama was against "The Surge" and now he's for it.
Obama was adamant against violating a nation's sovereignty but not when it suits his purposes.
Obama was against indefinite retention without charges, now he's an indefinite retention motherfucker!

....There are many others.

But, to answer the original poster's question, yes, posters here do change their minds. I have it on good authority that BHO_1 and the Secret Service post here when Moochelle is on one of her midnight Haagan Daz runs.
gnadfly is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women