Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70452
biomed160818
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452967
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47668
pyramider46370
bambino40402
CryptKicker37103
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35555
Mojojo33117

Old 09-02-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34
Default A question and a challenge.

Okay, we had another mass shooting (I'm not talking about a weekend in Chicago) and the finger pointing starts. Here is the question; if you could have one wish what would you do to STOP gun violence. Here is the challenge; imagine no law exists on gun control and you get to write the ultimate legislative package. You cannot violate constitutional protections. You cannot deprive people of their property if lawfully owned. You cannot deprive people of any other right without due process.
That is your mission.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #2
LexusLover
Valued Poster

The AntiGun crowd can't even comprehend your proposal, so what makes you believe they can or will craft any legislation that meets this standard?

Quote:
You cannot violate constitutional protections. You cannot deprive people of their property if lawfully owned. You cannot deprive people of any other right without due process. That is your mission.
That cannot do it.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:14 AM   #3
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

which is it...one wish or legislation?

one wish would be intact nuclear families with fathers being fathers

legislation? nothing will help
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:24 AM   #4
gnadfly
Account Disabled

The problems isn't new laws or revised laws, the problem is enforcement of current laws. Like I've written many times about the FLA School shooter, there were failures of existing laws and policies at the local, state and federal level by bureaucrats. Their superiors are not holding those people accountable and fixing the problem. Instead they want new laws that only law abiding citizens will heed or be made criminals because of them.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:41 AM   #5
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
Okay, we had another mass shooting (I'm not talking about a weekend in Chicago) and the finger pointing starts. Here is the question; if you could have one wish what would you do to STOP gun violence. Here is the challenge; imagine no law exists on gun control and you get to write the ultimate legislative package. You cannot violate constitutional protections. You cannot deprive people of their property if lawfully owned. You cannot deprive people of any other right without due process.
That is your mission.
I like Beto O'Rourke's idea, all assault rifles must be sold back to the government.
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:43 AM   #6
themystic
Valued Poster

The 2nd Amendment has been altered multiple times since its inception. This was done to reflect changes in society evolving. Not many out there who say totally ban guns. RWL go ahead and list the handful of politicians who want to totally ban guns
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:01 AM   #7
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
I like Beto O'Rourke's idea, all assault rifles must be sold back to the government.
Is BEETO going to finance his idea by gifting the "buy back" money?

But first does BEETO know what is an "assault rifle"?

Oh, BTW: A "buy-back" program is a joke! What if I don't want to sell it? He "don't"! VVVV
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:17 AM   #8
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

But first does BEETO know what is an "assault rifle"?

Oh, BTW: A "buy-back" program is a joke! What if I don't want to sell it? He "don't"! VVVV
You really are a king dipshit. Why didn't you tell the truth behind this picture? This guy shot off a few rounds defending his home from gang members. Put hood on and go outside and play old man
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:28 AM   #9
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Here is the question; if you could have one wish what would you do to STOP gun violence.
I would wish the World had all happy people. then there would be no more wishing to do..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:54 AM   #10
papadee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

I'll try. First off I have no plans/ideas on what to do about the guns already in circulation. That's something I think about, so my ideas begin with all new guns.

1. Ban the importation of guns. If we're going to shoot each other, at least give jobs to Americans. Foreign gunmakers can build factories in the US.

2. All guns will have ID chips instead of serial numbers. It's the 21st century, why are we using late 19th/early 20th century tools? Make the guns eaiser to trace to the point of sale. If a gun sold in Ohio is used in a crime in Oregon, I want to know how it got there. Was it reported stolen? Sold? Put pressure on the OBs (Original Buyers) to become more responsible.

3. Restrict gun purchases for repeat offenders of #2. If you have straw buyers/street sellers/"lost or stolen" guns that end up in crimes, the OB has 2 strikes then is barred from buying more.

4. A 10 year rotating national gun check. Every 10 years, you bring your guns in, scan them, and you're back home. If you have 5 registered and only bring in 3, then you should have evidence of what happened to the other 2. Do it alphabetically, A-C, D-F, etc.

5. A commission (I know, bureaucracy) to study how legal guns become illegal. Almost all guns enter the US as legal, and are originally sold as legal. But after the initial sale, what happens? Theft? Straw buyer? Who's selling guns to the wrong people?

6. A closer look at the 2nd Amendment. The first 3 words, "a well regulated..." implies regulations or laws. We have to decide if that only applies to militias or gun owners in general.
And more importantly, why is the 2nd Amendment the only one interpreted by federal, state, and local laws? All the other Amendments are federal in scope. TX can't have different 1st Amendments rights than CA. Your 5th Amendments rights are the same across the US. Why is the 2nd different?

So those are my ideas. Not sure if it would stop gun violence, especially because they don't address the guns already in circulation.
papadee is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:10 PM   #11
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Beto can finance it the same way Trump financed those corporate tax cuts (that are not paying for themselves).
Old 09-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #12
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I would wish the World had all happy people. then there would be no more wishing to do..
To your point if the shooter's had an account on ECCIE or some other site like ECCIE there would be less violence. They would spend more time researching profiles and planning hookups than with there guns.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:28 PM   #13
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Here is the challenge; imagine no law exists on gun control and you get to write the ultimate legislative package. You cannot violate constitutional protections. You cannot deprive people of their property if lawfully owned. You cannot deprive people of any other right without due process.
That is your mission.

In layman's terms: I would make it law that everyone register all firearms -- past, present and future ownership. Make it law that all firearms sold at gunshows be registered to the new owner before sale is complete.

I beleive this would eliminate infringement of property rights. Anyone found with stolen firearms would face Federal incarceration. Not a fine. Firearms "found" anywhere are to be reported to authorities.

Contrary to what may be popular beleif on this board about my views, gun control is one I can compromise on. This is a basic first response to the fantasy proposition posed by the OP.

Good thread.

Voted it up one star.
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #14
RetiredSubmariner
Valued Poster

Quote:
We had an 'Assault Weapon Ban'.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...lt_Weapons_Ban

"Studies have shown the ban has had little effect in overall criminal activity and firearm homicides while there is tentative evidence that they decrease the frequency of mass shootings"
RetiredSubmariner is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:02 PM   #15
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
The government never owned them in the first place. Beto talking about confiscation.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women