Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > Coed Discussions
Coed Discussions Hobby-related discussions belong here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60034
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47622
pyramider46370
bambino40341
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 02-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Specials, Discounts, Rates.....

I'm not going to "flame" any hobbyists for asking for a special or a discount, but why do some of you keep making comments like "more ladies should offer something like this or offer a discount...etc." I'm sure you get my point. Now mind you, I'm also referring to posts from ASPD since most have moved here.

You may not realize this, but subconsciously you're trying to guilt some of the providers into giving discounts or specials. Maybe you have a certain limit that you don't wish to go over. If that's the case, I understand, but then maybe if there's a certain lady you wish to see who is over that limit, save up.

Why keep mentioning it? I'm truly dumbfounded by all the requests/posts of giving a discount or special.

This is a business and should be treated as such, even though we all often tend to forget.

Now let the provider bashing begin.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
fjensen
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 6
Default Specials

As the motto of the hobby is YMMV, it could also as easily be, you get what you pay for, bad grammar and all.....

And yet, every now and then, just as winter gives us another snowstorm, here comes a provider with a "special" idea, of cumming to us, the hobbyists to keep us from traveling in the snow. The economy is tanking, many people are hurting, and that includes hobbyists unfortunately. Some prefer to limit their activities, some take a "hiatus", and others search for bargains.

Haggling is a time honored tradition, which can also be a huge pain in the ass, and often leads to hard feelings. I know some hobbyists take things to the extreme, using guilt to try and get a "better" deal. But, business or not, there is a level of personal interaction that won't reach its climactic high if one of the parties is feeling cheated. So guys, take a shot at a deal, and gals, think about a special that really is special and not a every other week event. And, above all, play safe and have fun.
fjensen is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Gryphon
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13

I guess I'm just not a good negotiator; I've never asked for a special or discount. I assume that a lady's quoted rate is what she has decided her time is worth. If, based on the information she makes available, I agree with her assessment then I may contact her. If I don't think time with her would be worth the quoted rate to me I don't. To me this business is far too intimate to haggle.
Gryphon is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
kccountryboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Gryphon, I agree completely with what you said. The ladies rate is just that. If I want to see her, I pay the rate. I don't ask for specials or discounts. If I don't want to spend that much. You are exactly right, you get what you pay for. Don't expect to see 300 for 150 and get the same level of service. You want BBBJ, CIM, and all the other perks, they demand more because they give more. just my .02
kccountryboy is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #5
caroline!
BANNED

User ID: 4342

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccountryboy View Post
Gryphon, I agree completely with what you said. The ladies rate is just that. If I want to see her, I pay the rate. I don't ask for specials or discounts. If I don't want to spend that much. You are exactly right, you get what you pay for. Don't expect to see 300 for 150 and get the same level of service. You want BBBJ, CIM, and all the other perks, they demand more because they give more. just my .02
hey, I like how you posted that.. I like you.
caroline! is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #6
Guest031811
Account Disabled

User ID: 2652
My ECCIE Reviews

AMEN!!!!

We need more men like Gryphon and Kccountryboy in Texas. I love it when there is no haggling. In fact, I work harder to please him because I know that he appreciates me enough by NOT telling me, "shit, you ain't worth 200 bucks". So yeah, if he pays what I ask for, he's going to receive 110% effort!
Guest031811 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:15 AM   #7
Alexxxis
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5394
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
I guess I'm just not a good negotiator; I've never asked for a special or discount. I assume that a lady's quoted rate is what she has decided her time is worth. If, based on the information she makes available, I agree with her assessment then I may contact her. If I don't think time with her would be worth the quoted rate to me I don't. To me this business is far too intimate to haggle.
Thank you!!! It is the true gentlemen like you that make this hobby enjoyable for me. This way there is no b.s., no resentment, and no need to tell someone to take a hike for insulting me...not to mention, it encourages ladies to give you some extra special treatment.

Alexxxis is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:02 AM   #8
tomcat2102003
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 38

I have to agree about not negotiating price. I do take advantage of quickie prices when I don't have the time for a longer stay. But it has to be stated in the pricing for me to ask for it. I also make sure to spend more time when I can with the ones that offer quickie pricing.

Just my 2 cents worth.
tomcat2102003 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
kccountryboy
Valued Poster

I know many people are wanting "specials" because of the economy. I don't know how many have actually been directly effected by it. While my portfolio has taken quite a hit, my annual income has been unaffected. I am still able to afford the things I want. I am sure those in some sort of sales position have been effected though. This is because their salary is dependent upon what others purchase from them. In particular if the sell to commercial interests and even some private interests.

Specials are just that. It is a ladies choice to offer. Do you go to work each day and haggle with your boss how much he is going to pay you for your time? I don't, and don't expect any one who works for me to either. It appears to me that those who haggle due to the "economy" perhaps should not venture out.

This is quite an expensive hobby, but there are others that are more expensive. Trust me. This hobby is also quite intimate. Therefore, any haggleing will be construed as an insult, usually to the provider. I have before tipped a provider because of an exceptional interaction. I added more to the envelope when she went to a wash cloth. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, she called and said I left too much. I told her all was as I wanted it to be, she was worth it.

We must remember, we are compensating them not just for their time, that is one hell of an hourly rate, but also for the fantasy that they provide. If it means fewer beers out with the guys, or not getting that that 60inch flat screen, so be it. I don't need it anyway. Nothing on TV worth watching anyway, at least not on a screen that big.

All in all, we should show each other respect at all times. We all have different opinions, and they are that, opinions. Do I want an attractive woman to make me feel like a king, yes. It is less expensive to get what we want in this hobby than through traditional dating. No dinner, flower, drinks, chocolates, gifts are necessary. They can however, make the sessions more enjoyable. There is also not as much wasted time in getting to what we want, a roll in the hay. We can make a call as opposed to doing the dating dance for weeks on end to never get anywhere. Therefore, in my mind, the rate is just that. No questions, no haggleing, no bartering. You have to pay to play. If you can't, don't complain, because there are those who can, will, and do play. If you try to do these things, the session will not go as you want, and then you will complain that she didn't perform as you wanted, and then post a negative review. Now she won't see you again, and her business will be hurt as well. Not good in this "economy".

Thank you caroline and brittany for the compliment.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #10
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Do you go to work each day and haggle with your boss how much he is going to pay you for your time?
KCCB, I'm sorry, but that is not a good analogy. Do you pay full price for a car? I know many prices are set, but many are negotiable. You are right that the hobby is more intimate, but that could be argued as well. I want to say that I don't haggle over price, but I don't begrudge anyone that does, especially with the overinflated prices in KC. If I think someone is overpriced, I just choose to not see them, I don't haggle over the price. I have paid over $300 for a session and tipped, by choice, on top of her fee, so it isn't a matter that I won't pay higher prices. I just want more for higher rates (service and looks).

Quote:
Do I want an attractive woman to make me feel like a king, yes. It is less expensive to get what we want in this hobby than through traditional dating. No dinner, flower, drinks, chocolates, gifts are necessary.
I do agree that it may be less expensive (in the short-term, not necessarily the long-term) than dating, but this is really comparing apples to oranges, unless your whole purpose of dating is getting laid. Many date as a means to an end... marriage, children, etc. And if you're in this hobby to find a girlfriend, well...that is another story.
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #11
kccountryboy
Valued Poster

I know it is not a good analogy, but it is what I had at the time. The prices in KC are quite inflated, the unfortunate part is that we also perpetuate the problem. We have several providers who do quite a bit for a very reasonable price, then we have others who do very little for way too much. It is like window shopping. I have no problem spending more than was quoted if I feel it was worth it. If I don't like the price, I wont see the person. My choice, I have both overpaid, and underpaid when visiting someone. I think we actually see eye to eye on this, or at least very close.

I know dating usually leads to marriage, kids and things of that nature, however, I know when I was younger it only need to lead to the bedroom. I am not suggesting that dating is a means only the bedroom either, merely a precursor. I do hope people do not do this find a girlfriend, not the best environment to do it in. If does happen, great for them.

The only point I am trying to make is that don't expect to pay for a lexus, what you would pay for a kia.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #12
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 8

Quote:
The only point I am trying to make is that don't expect to pay for a lexus, what you would pay for a kia.
I know what you're saying, but sometimes you get a more enthusiastic ride out of a less expensive car and sometimes the Lexus is the best. It is like Omahan says, prices are not necessarily indicative of performance.
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #13
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Please stop using the automobile analogy in reference to this hobby. I know of providers who are insulted with this reference. The bottom line is that it is up to the individual provider as to what her time is worth, and she will affix an appropriate value to that time. It is not up to the hobbyist to try and haggle - if you can't afford to participate with a particular provider, find a provider who does meet your financial abilities, or don't participate. This is a business in the eyes of the provider and she is conducting a business transaction.
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #14
Adrielle
Account Disabled

User ID: 4449
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz3552 View Post
Please stop using the automobile analogy in reference to this hobby. I know of providers who are insulted with this reference.
Sweet jesus, yes, please. Thank you Fritz.

Bottom line is this: we are NOT an item. There is NO industry that is completley comparable to us and what we do. Maybe, just maybe, if you wanted to use analogies, maybe the spa industry would be a good one? I have limited experience in this area, so forgive me if I'm off. But you don't go into a high end spa and say, "Well, I can go and get this facial/massage/pedicure down the street for $X less then you do it. Can you offer me some sort of deal?"

Something like that would work at the questionable at best place in a bad part of town, but in a high end, fancy place you'd probably be shot down.

And for the few of you that say, "Why not just give it a shot? It won't hurt anything" I disagree. Maybe other providers are different then I am, but I know that in the past I've had boys attempt to haggle with me and after I shoot them down occasionally they still attempt to come see me. When they do, I've felt a bit of anger towards them for attempting it in the first place. In the very few times it's happened, I don't think it's affected the appointment, but it easily sure could of.

When I first started I allowed clients to walk all over me. I allowed one to "make a deal" with me and he failed to follow through on his end. I dealt with hagglers because I thought it was the norm. But with as many good clients, who show up on time, are polite, and pay what I ask with no complaint, I've realized that I rather like being treated like that. So I don't deal with them anymore.

On the flip side, how would you guys feel if once you arrived in our place, we said "Well, I know you have more money, soooooo, I'm going to charge you more then normal." That's an upsell right? That's essentially what you do to us, by asking to pay less.

Quote:
The prices in KC are quite inflated, the unfortunate part is that we also perpetuate the problem.
And this. This is wrong, I'm sorry. KC is just the same as the rest of the country, with the exception of Dallas, which is so flooded with providers that rates are naturally lower. $200-$250 an hour is the norm around the nation. You guys aren't "perpetuating the problem", you're paying a normal rate, and hopefully being a gentleman by not pushing the issue of price. If a girl charges $350 an hour and doesn't offer what you're interested in, then don't see her! Just because she don't do what you like doesn't mean she's hurting for business. That's the fantastic part about having as many girls as we do in town. There are girls for everyone. If you want a Latina, try Elena, if you want a blonde, try Taylor, if you want a MILF who will make your head spin, try Jackie, and on and on and on....

I'm a nice girl. I don't get mean very easily. But anymore, people who haggle are my weak point. Some girls will put up with it, but I'd venture to say that most of them are not on this board. Like Gryphon said, we provide an intimate service, and I don't ever want to see someone who doesn't think that I'm worth what I ask. I LOVE my job and I refuse to let a few guys ruin it for me.

Whew. Is it happy hour yet?
Adrielle is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #15
mojoworkin
Premium Access

Encounters: 101

The gals are always at a disadvantage here. They never know who is going to be walking in their door (unless it's a repeat customer). It may be a nice, good looking guy like me , or some yayhoo with B.O. and whiskey breath. At least the guys have a reasonable expectation with being able to see pictures, reviews, etc. The ladies have to set a price that keep the good guys coming back, but still make it worth it if they have to spend an hour with Larry the Cable Guy. There are providers I have never seen that I absolutely know would be a good time, just from reviews and feedback. The providers don't have that luxury. Every call they get is a crap shoot.
mojoworkin is offline   Quote