Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60041
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47622
pyramider46370
bambino40341
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 10-18-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
Thequeen
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 32517
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Jinxed

So it seems like when the chiefs were losing their butts off the past few years there were threads posted every week, Now that they are 6-0 there hasn't been much talk about it since season started... Are we keeping hush hush so we don't jinx them or does anyone not care???? I mean it's football and you people should care lol Ill wait to talk about them in more detail to see if there is a reason we haven't talked about them..
Thequeen is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Its called holding your metaphorical breath.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Like watching a balloon getting larger and larger then wondering if it will pop.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
Misawahawk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

The problem is the Chiefs have not beat any good teams as of yet, and their schedule is pretty week. Chiefs fans have been burned so many times before that they are most likely cautiously optimistic. I hope that I'm wrong but I think the Chiefs will struggle against Denver.
Misawahawk is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thequeen View Post
So it seems like when the chiefs were losing their butts off the past few years there were threads posted every week, Now that they are 6-0 there hasn't been much talk about it since season started... Are we keeping hush hush so we don't jinx them or does anyone not care???? I mean it's football and you people should care lol Ill wait to talk about them in more detail to see if there is a reason we haven't talked about them..

I don't care. I don't care to the point that when given free tickets, I don't use them and they have been hard to give away to anyone else. Really now, if you count the vocal people who talk about football, or even attend a game every few years, it is a very small percent of the greater KC area.

Those who stoop to talk about football seem to be those who have nothing else to talk about. So sad! Worse are those who deny, when a young man recently died from a stroke during a high school football game, that the head injury had anything to do with the game he was playing at the time.

It won't happen, but all football should be eliminated from every high school in the United States. Too many people, who like to see kids injured. The trauma can, and does for many, last a lifetime.

Before you jump on me for my opinion about the thug sport, remember I already said.

I don't care about football.

I don' like it. I don't hate it. I just don't care.
The opposite of love is not hate; it is you just don't care.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #6
ss4699
Ambassador

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
I don't care. I don't care to the point that when given free tickets, I don't use them and they have been hard to give away to anyone else. ....JR
Well if you come up with those FREE tickets again just PM me and I will pick them up. Been a long time since I got the Feathers out for a war dance.!
ss4699 is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
Thequeen
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 32517
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
I don't care. I don't care to the point that when given free tickets, I don't use them and they have been hard to give away to anyone else. Really now, if you count the vocal people who talk about football, or even attend a game every few years, it is a very small percent of the greater KC area.

Those who stoop to talk about football seem to be those who have nothing else to talk about. So sad! Worse are those who deny, when a young man recently died from a stroke during a high school football game, that the head injury had anything to do with the game he was playing at the time.

It won't happen, but all football should be eliminated from every high school in the United States. Too many people, who like to see kids injured. The trauma can, and does for many, last a lifetime.

Before you jump on me for my opinion about the thug sport, remember I already said.

I don't care about football.
I don' like it. I don't hate it. I just don't care.
The opposite of love is not hate; it is you just don't care.

JR
JR, I seemed to have taken such a long break that back when I was very vocal about football a few years ago there were others but most of them are no longer on here or also took a break, I guess that is why no one talks about it anymore...

As for not having anything else to talk about, While I love football I do have other things to talk about. As far as the young man who had the stroke I do think it could have something to do with him playing football, I don't like to see kids hurt and I don't even like my child playing football. I believe in high school (and this is my opinion) it's more about winning and doing what will get you to win and not playing the game safe,(not that there is a so called safe way to play). I have no problem with you not caring about the sport. To each their own and I will not dislike you for not caring.
Thequeen is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
Misawahawk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

JR- if you run in to any tickets please pm me, I would gladly take them off you hands. You make a good point actually. Football is a violent sport. The LA Times recently had a story saying that the NFL should be disbanded due to all the traumatic brain injuries. Getting tackled at the NFL level has been compared to being in a 30 mile an hour car accident. It's not rocket surgery to figure out that can't be good for a person.

But, for me it's so much fun to watch. I believe that the NFL players are compensated adequately. Not just us, but everything in the universe is moving towards entropy. I'm sure we could devise a study saying that sitting hunched over behind a computer in some row of cubicles leads to heart attacks and strokes.

Without question KC is a big football town. Arrowhead is a football Mecca!
Misawahawk is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thequeen View Post
JR, I seemed to have taken such a long break that back when I was very vocal about football a few years ago there were others but most of them are no longer on here or also took a break, I guess that is why no one talks about it anymore...

As for not having anything else to talk about, While I love football I do have other things to talk about. As far as the young man who had the stroke I do think it could have something to do with him playing football, I don't like to see kids hurt and I don't even like my child playing football. I believe in high school (and this is my opinion) it's more about winning and doing what will get you to win and not playing the game safe,(not that there is a so called safe way to play). I have no problem with you not caring about the sport. To each their own and I will not dislike you for not caring.
Hey there..

I'm glad you brought it up and I have thoughts on the subject as well but I must run for now.. Get back to you later...

Gotta love a HOTT woman who loves football...

malwoody is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #10
DestinyInKC
Account Disabled

User ID: 141470
My ECCIE Reviews

mmm I wanna go to a football game! never been to one :0
DestinyInKC is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Well I guess they ain't jinxed yet....
malwoody is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
bartipero
Valued Poster

For not caring, you had a lot to say, JR. Maybe at birth we should all be wrapped in bubble wrap so we can become a nation of wusses much faster. There isn't much on earth that doesn't involve risk--even crossing the street, or being a Tim Tebow booster.
bartipero is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #13
jayhawkrobbie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

At the risk of jinxing them...7-0 baby!!!

jayhawkrobbie is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #14
cright58
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 11

Queen I'll chime in. They are playing great defense and special teams. the offense is timely and doesn't turn the ball over. That is a winning recipe. I feel if we can play tough defense and run the football we have an excellent chance to beat Denver one of the 2 games. They probably won't go undefeated but damn this is fun to watch!
cright58 is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:46 AM   #15
kc-max
Gaining Momentum

After last year sold my season tickets. Kindof wish I didn't now. I don't care if we have played weak teams. We are winning!!! At least the new owner of my seats is my son in law so I can go when he isn't.
kc-max is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women