Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > Coed Discussions - Houston
Coed Discussions - Houston Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47583
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 01-07-2019, 01:56 PM   #1
AcetheJace
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 462443
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Question Ghosting Issue

This question is for both hobbyists and providers: How much ghosting do you experience? Does it upset you or do you just get used to it?

I don't know if it's because I'm a Type A personality or because of the mistrust on both sides because of past experiences, but I find it to be very frustrating and time wasting.

On the providers' end, I can see how we can come off as blunt or rude especially when texting or emailing can be easily misinterpreted, but I become less open to chatting with you when I get ghosted and you don't even grant me a few seconds of your time to me saying you can't make it. I believe I don't ask for much but I begin to feel like I did something wrong. As a provider, I do believe in providing a good service and experience.

On the hobbyists' end, I've heard the horror stories (ie, catfishing), and I'm sorry that there are a few bad apples that spoil it for the rest of the providers that are decent. Some hobbyists have stated they've experienced the same thing but turn right around and ghost me.

I just wanted to know since I don't do this often and I am a newbie.
AcetheJace is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:16 PM   #2
ritter
Premium Access

Encounters: 37

It just goes with the industry underground.
ritter is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:21 PM   #3
rustyshackleford112.7
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

I am sure I have ghosted a provider or two in my time. Never once a time or location has been confirmed but I have been in the process of scheduling an appointment and went silent due to something popping up at work. I have been ghosted and ncns'd so I dont worry too much about it. Part of the business.
rustyshackleford112.7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:18 PM   #4
tbone2u
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

I don't believe I have ever ghosted anyone. I may have missed one or 2 appointments but I let them know at the last minute and paid for the time I missed the next time I saw them. It only takes a minute to let the other person know what's going on. Everyone has an extra minute.
tbone2u is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:18 PM   #5
sharkman29
Premium Access

Encounters: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone2u View Post
I don't believe I have ever ghosted anyone. I may have missed one or 2 appointments but I let them know at the last minute and paid for the time I missed the next time I saw them. It only takes a minute to let the other person know what's going on. Everyone has an extra minute.
Agree 100%.
sharkman29 is online now   Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:08 PM   #6
AcetheJace
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone2u View Post
It only takes a minute to let the other person know what's going on. Everyone has an extra minute.
I completely agree!
Old 01-07-2019, 10:50 PM   #7
MarcellusWalluz
(Xzn/Xzan)

Encounters: 89

Ghosting around here ? Say it isn't so ! Lol, yes it happens & it is frustrating but it comes with the territory. Put them on your DNS list as I do & just move on.
MarcellusWalluz is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:13 AM   #8
AcetheJace
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks! I'll do just that.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:38 PM   #9
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

"Ghosting"?

I'm an older guy and not so current with new dating terms or trends.

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot interrogative (Emphatic)
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #10
Fizley
Premium Access

Encounters: 35

I have said this vefire ok, and will say it again, I look at Flakes differently. I look at them as an opportunity to get out of the house.

Flakes are great! Yes they are a waste of time, but look at the bright side....you still have your $250! Instead of her showing, taking your $250, and given lack luster service, you had a drive which got you out of the house.

Instead find a new restaurant you have never eaten at, have a beer, then send her a picture of the money,food, beer,on the bar saying this could of been yours... instead you flaked.

Flakes are not necessarily a bad thing, as they show you the real soul of the person.
Fizley is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #11
Fizley
Premium Access

Encounters: 35

I have said this before, and will say it again, I look at Flakes differently. I look at them as an opportunity to get out of the house.

Flakes are great! Yes they are a waste of time, but look at the bright side....you still have your $250! She did not have the courtesy to send you a three second text advising something came up! What kind of service do you think you would have received if she had shown up?

Instead,you got out of the house, had a drive somewhere new, find a new restaurant you have never eaten at, have a beer, then send her a picture of the money,food, beer,on the bar saying this could of been yours... instead you flaked.

Flakes are not necessarily a bad thing, as they show you the real soul of the person.
Fizley is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:42 PM   #12
Tiffany Dash
Your Dream In Reality

User ID: 450736
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I have never had anyone flake on me but I pay close attention when I'm booking an appointment. Like if someone ask too many questions about little things or seem too picky. I look at them as someone who is looking for phone sex or just a convo and I usually don't give them the opportunity to book. Another red flag is someone who is complaining about where you are located, they might ghost or make up an excuse last minute. Basically, I only talk to people who seem eager and serious about meeting.

A little more advice, I am serious during booking but I also make sure that I sound inviting. I think men feel discouraged to book when we just are cut & dry or just say "yes" and "no". I get that some guys ask a lot of questions and yes, it can be annoying, but as I said, I usually look at them as time wasters. Also, if a guy ask about services, I usually don't take them serious. But what I learned in the beginning, a guy who ask for a service that knows from reviews that you don't offer it or you tell them you don't offer it & they seem bummed out, they might be a flake. But also, you shouldn't talk services anyways because talking services for compensation is illegal. They should know what this is about already.

I hope this helps you hun & if you have questions or need a little advice I am just a PM away.

Nice body!
Tiffany Dash is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:25 AM   #13
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

So . . is "Ghosting" like being a no-show?

Is it committing to multiple providers and only showing for one of them?

Help an old 'Boomer generation hobbyist get this right.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:32 AM   #14
cabletex7
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I don't take it personally. To me a non-response is the same as someone responding and saying no. I also don't have a problem with it. To me it's even understandable. People generally don't like conflict. Sure, I'm curious and would like to know the reason but I just move on. You certainly don't want to turn into a stalker and blow up her PMs/texts. Because if she had any doubts about seeing you or not, you've just put them to rest.

edit: I'm referring to where no firm date and time has been scheduled and you were just exchanging texts/PMs. Once something is scheduled and if there is no cancellation, then that's just NC/NS.
cabletex7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:37 AM   #15
Porkchops90
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

I understand life happens, maybe some of you will make an exception to an ATF doing it or someone that gives a good excuse but I definitely would just ignore completely if they do it to me once. It’s kind of a given if you ghost a provider they likely will never talk to you again or upcharge you for a missed appointment.

Maybe I’m just naturally cautious.
Porkchops90 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women