Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
Guest071313-5
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17
Default Scuba Trips?

So I've been certified for a couple of years but haven't had the time to take many diving trips until this year.

Any suggestions on an all inclusive Scuba diving trip? Multiple dives per day and Coed. Is a must.
Guest071313-5 is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezdat View Post
So I've been certified for a couple of years but haven't had the time to take many diving trips until this year.

Any suggestions on an all inclusive Scuba diving trip? Multiple dives per day and Coed. Is a must.
You traveling "light" and planning on meeting at location, or BYOB.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
Guest071313-5
Account Disabled

BYOB
Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
CJ7
Valued Poster

since you dont have too many dives under your belt, I'd suggest the West Wall first, and go from there ..

http://www.grandcaymandive.com/wall_dive.html
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #5
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Talk with your local dive shop(s) and dive clubs(s).
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Pilot going into a dive. (Knock, Knock) "Joe sent me."
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 AM   #7
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
BYOB
http://scubaspots.com/

I'm gonna give you a list of suggestions on picking and packing a trip:

1. Bring your own equipment ... everything but the tank.
2. Unless your BOYB has equal quality regulator bring a duplicate extra.
3. Plan to carry on board your regulators in your carry on luggage.
4. Knives go to checked bags coming and going.
5. Do NOT pick a trip during which you live on board.
6. You will be able to make about 3 dives a day. One deep only.
7. #6 unless you plan on limiting yourself to 30 feet or less.
8. If you haven't been night diving on reefs .. do it. Bring good lightS.
9. #1: Each have a small strobe light that can activate under water.
10. #8: Keep your strobe running during night dive.
11. Pick a place that has some "life" after dives.
12. Don't "party" a lot at night ... throwing up in a mask requires skills.
13. If either one of you have not done a lot of open water diving, spend the first day you arive snorkeling around at one of the local swim spots.
14. Do NOT dive on the first day of your arrival or the last day to leave.
15. #1: Take a spare mask for each of you.
16. Before you leave check for medical/hospital facilities and transportation back to one in the States unless you are absolutely certain of the quality of the care ...
17. Get mesh bags for your wet equipment .. wash everything daily.
18. Go through YOUR dive shop for contacts where you are going.
19. Plan your trip when SHE is not in her period.
20. Get each of you a secure type small water tight container for valuables to carry with you on the dive ... remember paper money dries out!.. you are wanting something carry stuff if you aren't comfortable leaving stuff in the room. Just remember that it must be SECURE on you.
21. Finally: Your bunk mate is your dive buddy. Your life depends on her ability based on her training and experience. This is not the time for anyone to bullshit and boast about all the experience they have. See extra regulator for your dive buddy. Even when I travel alone I would carry an extra just in case I hooked up with someone and I didn't like their regulator ... that could be my safety net.

Do some research on your own about the spot ... most of these "popular" places which have been recently hit by a hurricane have lost some of their "attraction" by the reefs being partially, if not completely destroyed. The reefs took 1,000's of years to build up, if that gives you some idea of how long it takes to recover. Cozumel was struck almost 30 years ago and in my opinion it is still marginal.

My peference from Lousiana would be Eastern Caribbean. The first time I would try to arrange through your contacts at home with people with whom they have done business. Just remember on organized trips from home you can end up with some ass-holes in the group and you are stuck. Take enjoy available resources (cash/credit cards) to separate from the "group" if you don't like the way things are going until the return flght is scheduled. Just remember two open water dives on a boat and a return in the evening for a night dive is a lot of work ... and one can quickly get fatigued, if they are no accustomed to it. Get that straight with her.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
Guest071313-5
Account Disabled

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

I like that list Lexus, I never would have even thought about #19. I'm researching a few spots now for a week long Dive during the day and party at night spots.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Excellent suggestions, Lexus!

I was in Cozumel a few years ago, took all my own diver-grade snorkel gear in my carry-on, no problem with US security on the way out, but on the way back Mexican officials confiscated my weight belt and my waterproof baton flashlight. Said they could be used as "weapons" on board the plane. (I suppose I could've banged the flight attendant over the head if she didn't get my cocktails fast enough.) They said I could leave the airport, find a post office, and mail them back home, but how many people catching an international flight have time for that? A hundred bucks down the drain and I will never go back.
(I personally think they take whatever they can make a case for keeping and sell it.) The water clarity sucked anyway.

Moral: Pack anything that could even possibly be considered "weaponry" in anyone's warped opinion with your checked luggage, too.
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #10
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
... a week long Dive during the day and party at night spots.
See #12 .... I should have said snorkle. FYI: Fish love vomit.

Pay attention to what Fancy said about packing ... I carry regulators (and camera equipment) in my "carry on" because I want to use them when I get there and I don't like "baggage" handling with life support equipment (and fragile photographic equipment).

FYI: On reefs in the caribbean (warmer water) I wear just bottom of wet suit (with a bib on it) no "jacket" to cover my legs to protect you from "things" you can bump against and invest in some good "boots" with a hard rubber sole (for walking and wadding at the beach also)

I use those elastic knee supports to slip over the suit and cover the knees to protect the knees of the wet suit from abbrasions, since that area will get the most wear over the years. Looks tacky, but so does a missing or shredded wet suit knee and its cheaper to replace the support.

Also, reading between the lines on Fancy's weight belt problem .. get an "old fashion" belt (no weights) that can be thread through the weights .... don't carry weights ... that's an unnecessary 25 lbs for you both, at least. You can "rent" or "borrow" weights at your dive location ... they are probably using the "old" type anyway.

I'm not insulting you, but spend plenty of time checking the equipment before you leave on the trip and not the night before (yours and your BOYB ... you depend on both).
Old 02-01-2013, 03:11 AM   #11
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Also, reading between the lines on Fancy's weight belt problem .. get an "old fashion" belt (no weights) that can be thread through the weights .... don't carry weights ... that's an unnecessary 25 lbs for you both, at least. You can "rent" or "borrow" weights at your dive location ... they are probably using the "old" type anyway.

I'm not insulting you, but ....
Here's what I am referencing:

If you were uncertain ... I never travel with weights. Just the belt.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
Guest071313-5
Account Disabled

Quote:
See #12 .... I should have said snorkle. FYI: Fish love vomit.
Actually learned this the hard way, it wasn't me but I just so happened to be looking at them when it happened. They panicked and I had to step in. I could have been further away and not paying attention so it was the best case scenario with that situation.

Thanks for all the great points everyone!

I want to ride one of these next:

Old 02-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #13
Guest071313-5
Account Disabled

Quote:
Here's what I am referencing:

If you were uncertain ... I never travel with weights. Just the belt.
Gotcha, I hate those kind but will have one for back up.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:33 AM   #14
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Gotcha, I hate those kind but will have one for back up.
I was "raised" on them, once they came on the market! I like them for traveling....no weights.

My preference is to "learn" from watching, as opposed to experiencing. Some don't.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women