Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160733
Yssup Rider60090
gman4452945
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47639
pyramider46370
bambino40352
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35469
Mojojo33117

Old 08-09-2020, 04:19 PM   #1
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46
Default The Great Firewall of China

China is now blocking all encrypted HTTPS traffic that uses TLS 1.3 and ESNI

https://www.zdnet.com/google-amp/art...-1-3-and-esni/

Quote:
The Chinese government has deployed an update to its national censorship tool, known as the Great Firewall (GFW), to block encrypted HTTPS connections that are being set up using modern, interception-proof protocols and technologies.

The ban has been in place for at least a week, since the end of July, according to a joint report published this week by three organizations tracking Chinese censorship -- iYouPort, the University of Maryland, and the Great Firewall Report.

China now blocking HTTPS+TLS1.3+ESNI

Through the new GFW update, Chinese officials are only targeting HTTPS traffic that is being set up with new technologies like TLS 1.3 and ESNI (Encrypted Server Name Indication).

Other HTTPS traffic is still allowed through the Great Firewall, if it uses older versions of the same protocols -- such as TLS 1.1 or 1.2, or SNI (Server Name Indication).

For HTTPS connections set up via these older protocols, Chinese censors can infer to what domain a user is trying to connect. This is done by looking at the (plaintext) SNI field in the early stages of an HTTPS connections.

In HTTPS connections set up via the newer TLS 1.3, the SNI field can be hidden via ESNI, the encrypted version of the old SNI. As TLS 1.3 usage continues to grow around the web, HTTPS traffic where TLS 1.3 and ESNI is used is now giving Chinese sensors headaches, as they're now finding it harder to filter HTTPS traffic and control what content the Chinese population can access.

Per the findings of the joint report, the Chinese government is currently dropping all HTTPS traffic where TLS 1.3 and ESNI are used, and temporarily banning the IP addresses involved in the connection, for small intervals of time that can vary between two and three minutes.

Some circumvention methods exist... for now

For now, iYouPort, the University of Maryland, and the Great Firewall Report said they were able to find six circumvention techniques that can be applied client-side (inside apps and software) and four that can be applied server-side (on servers and app backends) to bypass the GFW's current block.

"Unfortunately, these specific strategies may not be a long-term solution: as the cat and mouse game progresses, the Great Firewall will likely to continue to improve its censorship capabilities," the three organizations also added.

ZDNet also confirmed the report's findings with two additional sources -- namely members of a US telecommunications provider and an internet exchange point (IXP) -- using instructions provided in this mailing list.

Article updated to clarify some technical terms.

I don't know what all this fuckin' technical jargon, mubo jumbo, nerdy computer language means, but I bet it has something to do with the whole Tik Tok and parent company situation.

I've been putting seemingly unrelated stories together since I regularly read the newspaper in High School. I thought this article that came across my feed to be pretty damn interesting. For as much as I can understand it.

Wacky? Your nerdy communications input? Or maybe one of the Mods or Admins? I'm talkin' info exchange here!

All I get is blocking encryption.
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:30 PM   #2
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Bill Gates calls Microsoft’s TikTok deal a poisoned chalice

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/8/21...ents-interview

Quote:
Asked if Gates is wary of Microsoft getting into the social media game, he suggests that Facebook having some more competition is “probably a good thing” but that “having Trump kill off the only competitor, it’s pretty bizarre.”

Gates seems as confused as the rest of us about how this potential TikTok deal is proceeding, especially with President Trump suggesting the US Treasury will need some type of cut from any acquisition. “I agree that the principle this is proceeding on is singly strange,” says Gates. “The cut thing, that’s doubly strange. Anyway, Microsoft will have to deal with all of that.”

I beleive intellectual property

should play a big role in the debate.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:38 PM   #3
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
Bill Gates calls Microsoft’s TikTok deal a poisoned chalice

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/8/21...ents-interview

I beleive intellectual property

should play a big role in the debate.

it will. and only one person in the debate can claim he's actually taking China to task on it. let me give you a hint. it's not Biden.

BAHHAAAAAAAA
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:51 PM   #4
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Thank you, sir.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #5
HoeHummer
BANNED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs
HoeHummer is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 05:36 PM   #6
oeb11
Valued Poster

9500- any comment on the Canadians china sentenced to death this past week???
From the mind capable of connecting the tendrils of multiple State Crimes committed to keep the 'cultural revolution' intact for the Ruling Class.

The class u serve????
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:46 PM   #7
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

I can't wait till the debates when Joe Biden says to Donald Trump "Donald, if you hate China so much, why did you have your clothing line from Macy's and your campaign merchandise all made in China? And all those *CHINESE* patents your daughter Ivanka got?

matchingmole is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:51 PM   #8
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchingmole View Post
I can't wait till the debates when Joe Biden says to Donald Trump "Donald, if you hate China so much, why did you have your clothing line from Macy's and your campaign merchandise all made in China? And all those *CHINESE* patents your daughter Ivanka got?

Trump's reply .. "How Hunter's Chinese investment deal doing?"

BAHHAAAAAA
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:59 PM   #9
HoeHummer
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
9500- any comment on the Canadians china sentenced to death this past week???
From the mind capable of connecting the tendrils of multiple State Crimes committed to keep the 'cultural revolution' intact for the Ruling Class.

The class u serve????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbM2F-cfN0A
HoeHummer is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:05 AM   #10
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Chinas the main reason for the start of VPNs the only way some information gets out ( other then big brother disinformation , they want joey to keep up the "china shock "
rexdutchman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women