Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59978
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47591
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35413
Mojojo33117

Old 01-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #31
fun2come
You'll Love My Nuts!

Encounters: 118

I was told but never looked into it, that the Football program not only pays for itself, but also funds the other UT sports, especially the Women's As.

As long as no tax payer money is used, I am good, AND it brings in a lot of money into the city and hopefully for our local providers with Incalls (as hotel rates shoot up)
That's gotta be good, no?
fun2come is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #32
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

At last ck 2013 -2014, gov funding (ie: taxpayers) are funding at least 13%..

For example, in 1984-85 the state of Texas contributed 47 percent of the university’s budget. Today that share is only 13 percent. - See more at: http://giving.utexas.edu/why-give/wh...4maB0X.dpufFor example, in 1984-85 the state of Texas contributed 47 percent of the university’s budget. Today that share is only 13 percent. - See more at: http://giving.utexas.edu/why-give/wh....Aj4maB0X.dpuf

nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #33
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Ah'm jus' a waitin' ta see whut happens when he gits pulled over by APD one night fer "coachin' while black".
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #34
fun2come
You'll Love My Nuts!

Encounters: 118

Well, we need to make him aware of the WilCo line .... Stay SOUTH of it fer sure
fun2come is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #35
Skip_8
Valued Poster

Encounters: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuglet View Post
Remember when school was for "learning"? I'm so tired of all football. I'm not sure I see any purpose to it at all.. I know the teams rake in $$$$$$$, but to what point? As for UT, the money paid to those coaches could be well used for academia.. and should be. Let the bashing/argueing begin.. LOL
School is for learning not partying and chasing women.

You know that w/o these kids and coaches along w/ our love of Football, the money would not come in.

Anyways, Football does fund other non-producing sports with their hands out.
Skip_8 is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:02 PM   #36
sunspots
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Patterson deliberately sent a message to the old boy network..
sunspots is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #37
nativetexan2708
Premium Access

Encounters: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxbach View Post
They all need to go. Applewhite is already gone and I would imagine Robinson is already packing. I say get rid of even the strength coach. Time to start a new.

I just hope the fans, admins, have patience and Strong isn't treated like Ty Willingham when he was at Notre Dame.

sixx
I agree with Sixx. Time to clean house! Strength coach Bennie Wylie is gone. Announced it yesterday I think. He was a great guy and a phenomenal strength coach. That being said, Strong is bringing in Moorer from Louisville. That guy is a beast! Personal trainer for Emmitt Smith and an impressive resume to go with it. The DC from Louisville will come to Texas if he doesn't get the head job at Louisville, which he's lobbying for heavily. Louisville linebackers coach is rumored to be packing his bags for Austin too.

I really hope he can get a quality OC to come in. Applewhite is done. The QB position is a toss up. Ash isn't the answer. I hope Swoopes can turn into a quality QB, but you never know. The true freshman coming in is supposed to be a stud, but he's a true freshman.

I have no doubt that this hire was Patterson's way of letting the McCombs and Hicks's of the world know that he's in charge. McCombs has directly said he doesn't like the hire. I think Strong is a good fit and I am personally glad that we didn't get a half politician half coach this time. From what I know of Strong, he's a football guy, plain and simple. Now if we can send Garrido and Barnes on their way, we can get back to being a powerhouse in all 3 sports!
nativetexan2708 is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #38
Squarenot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

I think Charlie Strong is an excellent hire as Head Coach for the University of Texas football program. I did not think he would leave his 3.7 million/year gig at Louisville to come to a very uncertain and highly demanding atmosphere at Texas, but I am glad that he accepted the position.
The boosters (McCombs & Co) are starting to look like buffoons. Patterson seemed to have navigated this well.
With regard to the other major sports, I think UT baseball continues to be in good hands with Auggie Garrido - head coach, and Skip Johnson - the pitching coach. It would be nice to have a bit more pop in the bat, but pitching should be great this next season. Better than last year and UT was rated eighth, I think. UT lost a lot of one-run games last season and had other problems to boot.
With regard to basketball, I dunno. I've met Barnes (Garrido and Johnson too) and he talks a good game. Is he right for Texas - dunno.
Squarenot is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #39
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativetexan2708 View Post
Now if we can send Garrido and Barnes on their way, we can get back to being a powerhouse in all 3 sports!
I totally agree here. We should throw the women's bball coach in there while we are it. She hasn't produced much of anything since leaving Duke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarenot View Post
With regard to the other major sports, I think UT baseball continues to be in good hands with Auggie Garrido - head coach, and Skip Johnson - the pitching coach.
With regard to basketball, I dunno. I've met Barnes (Garrido and Johnson too) and he talks a good game. Is he right for Texas - dunno.
Garrido, is a legend, with that being said, like most coaches, they are not going to leave on their own accord. He had a great run following up his time at Cal State Fullerton. Yes, he has won two national titles, but the last one was in 2005. He is also in his 70's. I believe Patterson will give him this season and see what happens. Sadly, the smart money says Texas won't do well until Garrido and the current crew are given their walking papers.

Barnes, has need to go for the last three years or so. This guy has had 2 NBA all star players in Aldridge and Durant along with solid pros like TJ Ford, Royal Ivey, etc and has NOTHING to show for it, but early exits in the NCAA tourneys.. Yes, Texas gets decimated with players leaving for the NBA, but that is every powerhouse team, that excuse doesn't fly anymore. I think Chaka Smart would be great from VCI. He seems to have the energy needed to light a fire in the ass of this program.

Teams like Baylor are out coaching Texas. That needs to change.

sixx
sixxbach is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #40
Squarenot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Garrido, is a legend, with that being said, like most coaches, they are not going to leave on their own accord. He had a great run following up his time at Cal State Fullerton. Yes, he has won two national titles, but the last one was in 2005. He is also in his 70's. I believe Patterson will give him this season and see what happens. Sadly, the smart money says Texas won't do well until Garrido and the current crew are given their walking papers.

sixx[/QUOTE]

Garrido is the winningest coach in college baseball history, currently in his 45th season with a reported salary of $900K. He has won two national championships at University of Texas and three at other schools - for a total of five, and played for several others in the College Baseball World Series - most recently in 2009 in the finals against LSU. I believe that he still has gas in the tank and that Patterson should not get caught up with over-reacting and "cleaning out the coaches" - unless there is cause.
Squarenot is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #41
nativetexan2708
Premium Access

Encounters: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarenot View Post

sixx
Garrido is the winningest coach in college baseball history, currently in his 45th season with a reported salary of $900K. He has won two national championships at University of Texas and three at other schools - for a total of five, and played for several others in the College Baseball World Series - most recently in 2009 in the finals against LSU. I believe that he still has gas in the tank and that Patterson should not get caught up with over-reacting and "cleaning out the coaches" - unless there is cause.[/QUOTE]

I played under Gus for 3 years, and my senior year was with Augie. The guy has a great baseball mind, no doubt. Without a doubt the most intelligent coach that I've ever played for. He knows baseball inside and out. Unfortunately, that doesn't guarantee wins. You have to be able to recruit. It used to be that if you were a stud coming out of high school and Texas wanted you, it was a no brainer. I had over a dozen offers and never considered anywhere else. That's not the case anymore. Texas failed to make the conference tournament last year. That is completely unacceptable here. The man will turn 75 next month. He is the greatest coach in college history and I don't believe anyone will ever pass him. But the game has passed him. I really hope that he decides to retire after this year regardless of how the season goes.
nativetexan2708 is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #42
saustin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxbach View Post
I totally agree here. We should throw the women's bball coach in there while we are it. She hasn't produced much of anything since leaving Duke.
Gail Goestenkors, former Duke and UT ladies bball coach, resigned from UT after the 2012 season.

I do think coaches like Garrido and, perhaps, Brown get burned-out by the recruiting grind; especially when the no-brainer decision to attend UT becomes more competitive. New energy and youth can be a good thing. Ask the football fans at Texas A&M.
saustin is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #43
SecretE
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 158

Sadly the people who said Barnes and Garrido are going to have to be shown the door are correct. Garrido likely rides off into the sunset, not wanting to start over again, and Barnes is lucky to be head coach at any other D1 school, if he's canned.
SecretE is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women