Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47607
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 04-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Default 'Twitter gave me PTSD

She is going to get some disability income... for life

: Woman claims mean comments and 'cyberstalking' gave her an illness usually suffered by WAR VETERANS
Melody Hensley claims to suffer from PTSD as a result of years online harassment
After years of online stalking and trolls, she says she is now too sick to go on the internet
Ms Hensley says she became a target as she is a feminist and atheist
Ms Hensley attacked after saying her PTSD is on par with war veterans
By SARA MALM
PUBLISHED: 04:03 EST, 17 April 2014 | UPDATED: 05:29 EST, 17 April 2014
6,526 shares 294View
comments
A Washington woman has come under fire over claims her PTSD caused by online harassment and Twitter trolls is equal to that of military veterans.
Melody Hensley was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 16 months ago following online abuse, which she says is the result of her being an outspoken feminist and atheist.
She caused upset to many military veterans and their families and friends when she claimed her PTSD from Twitter trolls was as bad as mental anguish suffered by those who do active duty.
Harassed: Melody Hensley claims online bullies and Twitter trolls has caused her PTSD and that it is just as bad as that suffered by veterans of combat

Harassed: Melody Hensley claims online bullies and Twitter trolls has caused her PTSD and that it is just as bad as that suffered by veterans of combat
Ms Hensley, head of an organisation promoting secular ideas, has suffered from PTSD for more than a year, according to her Twitter account.
In an interview with DailyDot.com, Ms Hensley says she became a target for 'atheist misogynists and men's rights activists' a few years back, following her open status as an atheist and feminist activist.

More...
Five-year hell of woman stalked by a neighbour who vandalised her house, car and street, targeted her parents, then stabbed her – and police failed to stop it
Look behind you, Mayor: Ex-New York mayoral candidate placed under psychiatric observation for stalking Michael Bloomberg
Kris Jenner 'hires 24-hour armed guards to protect her family after smelly stalker broke into their home'
One man in particular has waged a two-year hate campaign against her by publishing her tweets using Storify, others have cut-and-pasted her tweets into YouTube videos, belittling her claims of PTSD.
She claims to be harassed by a cybermob of ‘more than 400 people’ which led to her diagnosis.
On her Twitter feed Ms Hensley outlines her history of PTSD in several posts, saying she was bedridden for the first six months following her diagnosis, and that she has been so distressed about the online hatred she fears leaving her house unaccompanied.

As a result of her PTSD, Ms Hensley says she is working from her home, but she remains active on Twitter.
On Wednesday she posted several disclaimers to her earlier tweet:
'1) I didn't self-diagnose or decide to have PTSD. I was diagnosed by a very good psychiatrist. I'm not looking for armchair psychiatrists.
'2) I respect military and would call commanders and other authorities only to defend myself against threats.
'3) I don't discount military vets' PTSD. I care about everyone with PTSD. I want people to realize that it is not a military-only condition.'
MailOnline contacted Ms Hensley for comment, but she replied that she is 'not well enough to answer questions'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2zGe5hzQG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women