Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160962
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453024
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47733
pyramider46370
bambino40441
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-16-2020, 04:20 PM   #61
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default COVID placed in Hospice care - Part Duex

The one constant about nature -- it don't like fake.
So... as mentioned before, the thing is reverting to it's natural self - which is not biased towards humans. Go figure. The HIV insertions are dieing off. It is mutating out or reverting back to a bat virus.

But back to a dieing virus:

'Luc Montagnier HIV Nobel Prize HIV Virologist Says CV "Bio-engineered" in Lab - Contains Strings Of Inserted HIV

"This virus was manipulated meticulously, it's not natural."

Host: "If we want to reassure ourselves, since you have continued to work on this virus, that virus today it has lost, you say, all its virulence and you imagine that it will no longer be specifically dangerous in the next few weeks?"

Luc: "Yes, what is interesting, if you will, is that my mathematical colleague Perez thinks there's some kind of harmonization of the sequences, of the genetic information, which is carried as well in our own chromosomes as by the virus. So nature doesn't accept anything. That is, we can do anything to nature but if you're making an artificial construct, it is unlikely to survive. That is to say that nature loves the harmonious things and what is foreign, such as another virus coming from another virus is not well tolerated. So, what is happening as time goes by, the epidemic is spreading, notably in the United States where there is the largest number of cases, there is an evolution through mutations, right. The sequences will mutate. Mutate means one nucleotide changed for an other, the genetic code is changing. But it also means deletions that are made: It means that there are whole chunks of the genome, including… what is extraordinary is that, precisely, the region that carries the HIV sequences are mutating much faster than the others. So, it itself disappears by deletions. So, we have patients on whom we have isolated the virus and sequenced the virus, in the western part of the United States, in Seattle, and this sequence is almost demolished and no longer works."

Host: "So the HIV is gone?"

Luc: "You'd think if the new pathogenicity if you will, of the corona is related to the introduction of these sequences, that it is going to disappear. It's a bit of hope."

Apologies, the below is in French but has English subtitles
BTW: This guy knows a little sumpn-sumpn about HIV

38 min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=durcHyxpFT4
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:22 PM   #62
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

It's racist to suspect China. You must be burned alive now by the SJW mob.
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:28 PM   #63
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Could be worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong View Post
It's racist to suspect China. You must be burned alive now by the SJW mob.

It could be worse. At least I don't have to transcribe a Joe-mentia Hiden speech.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:25 PM   #64
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
The one constant about nature -- it don't like fake.
So... as mentioned before, the thing is reverting to it's natural self - which is not biased towards humans. Go figure. The HIV insertions are dieing off. It is mutating out or reverting back to a bat virus.

But back to a dieing virus:

'Luc Montagnier HIV Nobel Prize HIV Virologist Says CV "Bio-engineered" in Lab - Contains Strings Of Inserted HIV

"This virus was manipulated meticulously, it's not natural."

Host: "If we want to reassure ourselves, since you have continued to work on this virus, that virus today it has lost, you say, all its virulence and you imagine that it will no longer be specifically dangerous in the next few weeks?"

Luc: "Yes, what is interesting, if you will, is that my mathematical colleague Perez thinks there's some kind of harmonization of the sequences, of the genetic information, which is carried as well in our own chromosomes as by the virus. So nature doesn't accept anything. That is, we can do anything to nature but if you're making an artificial construct, it is unlikely to survive. That is to say that nature loves the harmonious things and what is foreign, such as another virus coming from another virus is not well tolerated. So, what is happening as time goes by, the epidemic is spreading, notably in the United States where there is the largest number of cases, there is an evolution through mutations, right. The sequences will mutate. Mutate means one nucleotide changed for an other, the genetic code is changing. But it also means deletions that are made: It means that there are whole chunks of the genome, including… what is extraordinary is that, precisely, the region that carries the HIV sequences are mutating much faster than the others. So, it itself disappears by deletions. So, we have patients on whom we have isolated the virus and sequenced the virus, in the western part of the United States, in Seattle, and this sequence is almost demolished and no longer works."

Host: "So the HIV is gone?"

Luc: "You'd think if the new pathogenicity if you will, of the corona is related to the introduction of these sequences, that it is going to disappear. It's a bit of hope."

Apologies, the below is in French but has English subtitles
BTW: This guy knows a little sumpn-sumpn about HIV

38 min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=durcHyxpFT4

i've heard of this guy in the past for the HIV work. this was several months ago he made that appearance, in May. yeah it was in France but i don't recall much of this if any being reported in the US. and from a respected virologist no less. you'd think this guy's opinion would carry some weight. so he's making the same claim as this Chinese lady. that it was in fact manipulated. yet any talk of this being the case early on was ridiculed as "conspiracy theory". and will now also be again with this lady's report. that lady is not coming out of nowhere on this, she made this claim several months back all that's new now i think is the paper on it.

i haven't watched it all yet as it's subtitled but i did go to UBoob to check when it was posted, May and how many views, less than 110,000. you'd think it would have tons of views even with having to suffer through the subtitles. you could also say it's odd that it's even still online with all the blatant suppression going on there.

recall that someone posted about a psychic who predicted a virus in 2020 and that it would suddenly just disappear? if this French scientist is right then that's exactly what is happening now, the virus is self-mutating itself out of existence.

now i don't place much stock in psychic's like this lady Sylvia Browne because mainly what they do is theorize and if they get something right they jump up and down and say "See! I predicted this!" which is crap because just about anyone could do the same and get something right out of who knows how many predictions. of course this lady died in 2013 so she can't claim that but it's interesting what she apparently did predict ..

"In around 2020 a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe attacking the lungs and the bronchial tubes and all known treatments," Browne wrote. "Almost more baffling than the illness will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it arrived, attack again ten years later and then vanish completely."

so the first part is accurate to the point of being scary accurate even if it was some wild guess which i believe it was. this virus does attack the lungs and did defy standard treatment. recall the Doctor in NYC that said the standard usage of a ventilator was actually causing more harm? yeah that didn't go over well with the media i recall he got the usual "crackpot" label by the press but it looks more and more like he was right all along. these patients do need oxygen but not forced like a ventilator does. that can be adjusted down of course but the standard treatment does call for forcing oxygen into the body but again that is for respiratory issues not related to this virus. you could accomplish the same thing with just an oxygen mask. i point this out because of the big rush get ventilators which it appears was not only overblown but harmful.

this lady's prediction does fit several things, mainly it would appear seemingly out of nowhere as in intentionally released then disappear as it could be doing now if this French virologist is correct. and the part about defying known treatment. also she predicted it would re-appear in 10 years, about 2030 again possibly indicating intentional release. she never made that point of course but if this Chinese Doctor and this French guy are right then if it was intentionally modified it stands to reason it was also intentionally released. i mean, what would be the point of splicing in HIV components then do nothing with it? for pure research? what for? to find out what exactly? simply that it could be done? so what. what's the gain in that? does it lead to anything meaningful? even if it was not intentionally released by intentionally doing this in a lab you risk accidental exposure and release which is just fucking stupid as a risk. and recall that a researcher at this Wuhan Virology lab who was speculated to be patient zero was scrubbed from the lab's website. this lady hasn't been seen or heard from since. she might be alive still yet detained. this is China after all where they can and do make people disappear forever. more likely she died. but why erase her from the lab's website? i thnik that's rather clear .. to deflect from public knowledge any research like this was going on.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:48 PM   #65
gnadfly
Account Disabled

100K more Chinese died from the Wuhan virus...but they showed up to work the next day.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:10 PM   #66
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Easy choices are hard to make

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfisherman View Post
Trump's actions were very serious ; ..I don't know how you could reconcile that as to "keeping us informed" as well.

Let's stick strictly with science. Remember, that's what Jo-mentia Hiden said he would do.

Take the quiz. Who was lying?:
  • A) Masks won't protect you from the virus
  • B) Masks will protect you from the virus
  • C) Both

Answer C, both were said by Dr. Anthony Fauci
Old 09-16-2020, 06:21 PM   #67
oeb11
Valued Poster

SF - I apologize for the demeaning parts of the post.
I had no idea you had familiarity and credentials.

again - my apology!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:55 PM   #68
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Quote:
Let's stick strictly with science. Remember, that's what Jo-mentia Hiden said he would do.

Take the quiz. Who was lying?:
  • A) Masks won't protect you from the virus
  • B) Masks will protect you from the virus
  • C) Both

Answer C, both were said by Dr. Anthony Fauci

and yet the press constantly lionizes Fauci. they whitewash his own downplaying of the pandemic then howl about Trump also downplaying it. Woodward's new book is supposed to be this damning proof. not like I'll read one word of Woodward's crap but i'd bet anyone here there isn't one paragraph about Fauci also downplaying it publicly. and i bet Fauci was singing a completely different tune privately to Trump. so where exactly did Trump get the info that he repeated to Woodward? we all know who, Fauci and Brix and others.

i wonder if Trump stated in those interviews that Fauci and others thought it would be serious and Woodward conveniently left that out? probably so because it didn't fit his agenda.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:11 PM   #69
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

The conservatives who want to undo the Enlightenment

https://theweek.com/articles/937611/...-enlightenment

Quote:
The early liberal promise was this: If you stop passively expecting God to provide for you, it will become possible to create a world far more hospitable to human flourishing — with good (or at least less predatory) government, tolerance for freedom of worship, an economy that over time produces increasing prosperity for all, education that allows for scientific, technical, and medical advances to make life longer, easier, less painful, and more pleasurable. All of this and more is within our reach. But no one will provide it for us. We need to take responsibility for ourselves and act to achieve it.

America’s Top Science Journal Has Had It With Trump

https://www.wired.com/story/americas...it-with-trump/

Quote:
H. Holden Thorp, a chemist and longtime university administrator, became editor-in-chief of Science and five other journals published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science last October, just two months before Covid-19 started spreading around the world. The hopes of a planet full of humans looking for treatments and vaccines turned quickly to scientists, and Thorp’s journals would have been among the places that the best, most relevant work would appear.

eccieuser9500 is online now   Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:34 PM   #70
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
i've heard of this guy in the past for the HIV work. this was several months ago he made that appearance, in May. yeah it was in France but i don't recall much of this if any being reported in the US. and from a respected virologist no less. you'd think this guy's opinion would carry some weight. so he's making the same claim as this Chinese lady. that it was in fact manipulated. yet any talk of this being the case early on was ridiculed as "conspiracy theory". and will now also be again with this lady's report. that lady is not coming out of nowhere on this, she made this claim several months back all that's new now i think is the paper on it.

i haven't watched it all yet as it's subtitled but i did go to UBoob to check when it was posted, May and how many views, less than 110,000. you'd think it would have tons of views even with having to suffer through the subtitles. you could also say it's odd that it's even still online with all the blatant suppression going on there.

recall that someone posted about a psychic who predicted a virus in 2020 and that it would suddenly just disappear?ing itself ou if this French scientist is right then that's exactly what is happening now, the virus is self-mutatt of existence.

now i don't place much stock in psychic's like this lady Sylvia Browne because mainly what they do is theorize and if they get something right they jump up and down and say "See! I predicted this!" which is crap because just about anyone could do the same and get something right out of who knows how many predictions. of course this lady died in 2013 so she can't claim that but it's interesting what she apparently did predict ..

"In around 2020 a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe attacking the lungs and the bronchial tubes and all known treatments," Browne wrote. "Almost more baffling than the illness will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it arrived, attack again ten years later and then vanish completely."

so the first part is accurate to the point of being scary accurate even if it was some wild guess which i believe it was. this virus does attack the lungs and did defy standard treatment. recall the Doctor in NYC that said the standard usage of a ventilator was actually causing more harm? yeah that didn't go over well with the media i recall he got the usual "crackpot" label by the press but it looks more and more like he was right all along. these patients do need oxygen but not forced like a ventilator does. that can be adjusted down of course but the standard treatment does call for forcing oxygen into the body but again that is for respiratory issues not related to this virus. you could accomplish the same thing with just an oxygen mask. i point this out because of the big rush get ventilators which it appears was not only overblown but harmful.

this lady's prediction does fit several things, mainly it would appear seemingly out of nowhere as in intentionally released then disappear as it could be doing now if this French virologist is correct. and the part about defying known treatment. also she predicted it would re-appear in 10 years, about 2030 again possibly indicating intentional release. she never made that point of course but if this Chinese Doctor and this French guy are right then if it was intentionally modified it stands to reason it was also intentionally released. i mean, what would be the point of splicing in HIV components then do nothing with it? for pure research? what for? to find out what exactly? simply that it could be done? so what. what's the gain in that? does it lead to anything meaningful? even if it was not intentionally released by intentionally doing this in a lab you risk accidental exposure and release which is just fucking stupid as a risk. and recall that a researcher at this Wuhan Virology lab who was speculated to be patient zero was scrubbed from the lab's website. this lady hasn't been seen or heard from since. she might be alive still yet detained. this is China after all where they can and do make people disappear forever. more likely she died. but why erase her from the lab's website? i thnik that's rather clear .. to deflect from public knowledge any research like this was going on.
I would say the main reason why the Main Stream Media doesn't want to fool with this guy is because he's made statements such as the Virus is mutating itself to the extent it's becoming less and less virulent to the human population. There is a push for a Vaccine to tackle this virus so the idea that it isn't much of a threat anymore is the last thing those in the vaccine community want to hear whether it's true or not.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:18 AM   #71
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Luc, may the force be with you

Actually, Luc wrote about it even earlier. I know I posted an item from him way back in the day (March maybe). At the time, he was firm that there was only one conclusion - it was manufactured, i.e. edited. We also know that after the US banned gain of function work on viruses, NIH funded Wuhan lab to do so. Essentially off-shoring it.

Not much for psychic's, though I do like sci-chicks. Recall even Dr Fauci predicted a pandemic virus might befall us under Trump, though he failed to mention that his group funded it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post

recall that someone posted about a psychic who predicted a virus in 2020 and that it would suddenly just disappear? if this French scientist is right then that's exactly what is happening now, the virus is self-mutating itself out of existence.

Old 09-17-2020, 04:56 AM   #72
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Missed one more propaganda piece to square the circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
The conservatives who want to undo the Enlightenment
What's the deal with liberals and labels anyway? Not to mention laziness. You left out yet another pravda piece to complete the circle.

People Who Don't Wear Masks Linked to Sociopathic Traits

People who don’t wear masks or refuse to socially distance share personality traits with sociopaths, a new study finds. Researchers from the State University of Londrina in Brazil found that people who scored low on empathy and high in callous behavior and risk-taking were less likely to comply with COVID-19 protective guidelines. These so-called antisocial traits are marks of people who tend to act in their own self interest and don’t care if they put others at risk of getting the virus, the researchers claimed.

According to CNBC, the American Psychological Association says these traits are characteristic of those diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder, defined as “a chronic and pervasive disposition to disregard and violate the rights of others.” The disorder affects 1% of the U.S. population and is more common in men...

Take your best guess at what percent of the "enlightened" and "elite" university professors are liberals. Agenda much?
Old 09-17-2020, 05:23 AM   #73
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Quote:
Actually, Luc wrote about it even earlier. I know I posted an item from him way back in the day (March maybe). At the time, he was firm that there was only one conclusion - it was manufactured, i.e. edited. We also know that after the US banned gain of function work on viruses, NIH funded Wuhan lab to do so. Essentially off-shoring it.

Not much for psychic's, though I do like sci-chicks. Recall even Dr Fauci predicted a pandemic virus might befall us under Trump, though he failed to mention that his group funded it.

that came to light after all this started, that under Obama and with Fauci's knowledge they did fund this idiotic research. recall some 3.7 million was given to China to research this, about 600,000 went directly to this Wuhan Virology lab.

which means you can state as fact all this is really Obama and Fauci's fault.

i happened to listen to Rachel Maddow's show earlier tonight, yeah i tuned in just to see what rant this lunatic had on tap and it was appalling. as FOX does and others .. their prime time line up is re-broadcast later at night so i was channel surfing and thought .. "why not?" let's see what this lunatic is rambling about ..

appalling.i may even post it once it hit's MSNBC's UBoob channel. and here it is ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVfxjS1DnBc

first she uses a 3 percent mortality rate which i do not believe .. it's less than 1 percent. she then uses 70% for herd immunity which until recently is the accepted percent but even that is now being questioned .. but as this lunatic says .. let's roll with it. she used 3 percent death rate and even drops the herd immunity to 65 percent to claim a minimum of over 2 million deaths and as high as 6 million. and partly claims this is because Trump is not forcing people to wear masks, which he can't do to begin with and masks don't do shit anyway .. as this video shows quite clearly ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_iQM5x9wF8

another clear mistake she makes in her "science" well math actually .. is the entire US population of 330 million people. well i guess no one told her that the death rate for under 18 people is almost nil. and again those few have had high risk factors. so her math is completely wrong there. the adult population is about 256 million. under 18 it's about 74 million. but of course this raving lunatic uses the entire population and for obvious reasons so her math looks scarier.

another thing this lizzo nutcase doesn't seem to understand is that herd immunity will happen one way or the other. sooner or later. to try and prevent herd immunity invites a "cure" .. long term lock downs and masks .. where the cure is worse than the disease.

she also claimed in another part of the show that Sweden abandoned their approach which they did not. they did not shut down nor implement a lock down. they made a lot of things voluntary, never did a lock down unlike what she claimed.

at the moment i can't find anything very recent about Sweden's approach. these articles are from end of July, which is only 7 weeks ago so it's still overall relevant.

Why Sweden’s COVID-19 Strategy Can’t Work in the U.S.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...pare-it-to-u-s

How Did Sweden Flatten Its Curve Without a Lockdown?

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/87812

so this lunatic seems to have her story all wrong over a great many things. and yet she wants to rant about Trump and how this is all his fault. okay .. you idiot. this is classic fear mongering by the cow and MSNBC. the exact thing she'd accuse Trump and FOX of doing. hmm. interesting.

if course those bastions of truth, liberty and the American way .. twitter .. banned this chinese doctor's twittybird account. because no one wants to hear the opinions of an insider to the Chinese medial system about a Chinese virus!! makes sense, right?

Chinese virologist who claimed coronavirus was created in a lab and fled to US has been suspended by Twitter

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinese-v...170041592.html

and of course if this French scientist is right then Trump is right and IT WILL JUST GO AWAY. imagine that.

and one last shot to tiny .. from this post .. or part of it ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

There are 11 million people in Wuhan. They're not as fat on average as Americans, they're younger, and less likely to have diabetes, hypertension, heart problems, etc. Take 250,000 deaths, divide by 11 million people, and you get an infection fatality rate of 2.3%. This is much higher than what you or I think is reasonable. And it assumes 100% of the population got Covid, which also is very unreasonable.

Or look at it from another angle. I see press reports from around mid April where the Chinese adjusted the estimated death toll from Covid 19 in Wuhan upwards from 2579 to 3869, to account for people who died at home and weren't tested. Lets round up to 4000, to conservatively estimate people who died after mid April. Assume the infection fatality rate is 0.5%. 4000 / 0.005 = 800,000 people infected. That's 7.3% of the population, maybe not unreasonable considering that the Chinese locked up people in their own homes not long into the epidemic. They crammed most of the epidemic into a month and around 360 people per million died. In Texas, we've had about the same death rate so far, 400 deaths per million, spread out over months, and some hospitals in South Texas and the big cities became overloaded. I think the Chinese did underestimate the number of deaths in Wuhan, but not wildly so.

tiny apparently has never been to China. well i have many times and i have the passport stamps to prove it and there are a lot of fat Chinese .. i've seen them. many Chinese smoke like it's the 1960's in the USA. you can smoke anywhere in China just about and they do, yet another risk factor. and i will call as total bullshit his claims that in Wuhan the population is younger and therefore has less cases of diabetes, hypertension and such. there are tons of old people in Wuhan and elsewhere in China. to claim Wuhan is a "young" population is just total shit.

and jet he makes the case that due to totalitarian lock downs by an actual totalitarian state China reported number of less than 5,000 total deaths is accurate. horsehit.

no way anyone should believe China .. i mean they outright lied about the start of this in the first place but let's believe they limited the total deaths to less than 5,000 in a nation of 1.4 billion. i don't believe even a total lock down of Wuhan was even possible even with the police and army involved and i'm sure they were, you still couldn't so it and supplies need to come in so who's bringing them? where were they from? did they stay in Wuhan for a month plus once they dropped off supplies?

is Wuhan some model of self sustaining resources that you can lock down 11 million people for over two months without any outside supplies. fuck no.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

again .. these stat are current as of yesterday and it shows the US in 9th in per capita deaths yet the media and certain posters here insist the US has done such a horrible job.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:31 AM   #74
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Dr. Li-Meng Yan’s Claims Call for Skepticism but Not Dismissal

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...not-dismissal/

By Jim Geraghty

Workers in protective suits examine specimens inside a laboratory following an outbreak of the novel coronavirus in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China, February 6, 2020. (China Daily/Reuters)

On the menu today: Trump’s former director of National Intelligence calls for a special commission to oversee the upcoming election to ensure everyone follows the laws; why the claim of Dr. Li-Meng Yan that the virus was engineered in a Chinese military lab warrants some skepticism, but not dismissal; and the Financial Times discovers a deeply underappreciated charm of Joe Biden.

Dan Coats, the former senator from Indiana who served as the director of National Intelligence from 2017 to 2019, writes in the New York Times today:
I propose that Congress creates a new mechanism to help accomplish this purpose. It should create a supremely high-level bipartisan and nonpartisan commission to oversee the election. This commission would not circumvent existing electoral reporting systems or those that tabulate, evaluate or certify the results. But it would monitor those mechanisms and confirm for the public that the laws and regulations governing them have been scrupulously and expeditiously followed — or that violations have been exposed and dealt with — without political prejudice and without regard to political interests of either party.
Also, this commission would be responsible for monitoring those forces that seek to harm our electoral system through interference, fraud, disinformation or other distortions. These would be exposed to the American people in a timely manner and referred to appropriate law enforcement agencies and national security entities.
On paper, this is a fine idea. But I would note that we have a Federal Election Commission, whose job is to enforce campaign finance law. Every state government has an election security office. The Department of Homeland Security has an Election Security division. The U.S. Election Assistance Commission’s whole job is to help states and localities prepare and secure their elections. The Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Counterintelligence division has a Foreign Influence Task Force. We have a whole bunch of federal and state government entities who have these duties already.

Second, Coats offers some ideas of who should be on this national election oversight commission: “Commission members undertaking this high, historic responsibility should come from both parties and could include congressional leaders, current and former governors, ‘elder statespersons,’ former national security leaders, perhaps the former Supreme Court justices David Souter and Anthony Kennedy, and business leaders from social media companies.”

(I looked it up: David Souter turns 81 today; Anthony Kennedy is 84.)
Isn’t one of the concerns out there that “business leaders from social media companies” already have too much influence over the election?

When ‘Made in a Lab’ and ‘Naturally Occurring’ Don’t Necessarily Contradict

Yesterday on the Three Martini Lunch podcast, Greg and I discussed the claim of Dr. Li-Meng Yan that SARS-CoV-2 “comes from the lab — the lab in Wuhan and the lab is controlled by China’s government,” that “this virus is not from nature.” Yan says she got “her intelligence from the CDC in China, from the local doctors.” When the pandemic began, the immunologist was employed by the School of Public Health at the University of Hong Kong.

She “made the comments Friday during an interview on the British talk show ‘Loose Women.’”

She did an interview with Fox News in July, offering more details about how the Chinese government had mishandled the outbreak in the first weeks, but the contention that this was deliberately engineered in a Chinese military lab is a much bigger, much more explosive accusation.

My first thought is that if you have bombshell evidence that the virus is manmade, don’t go on a television program and promise that you’ll be unveiling the evidence soon. Just unveil the evidence. My second thought was that if you were going to go on television to make one of the biggest and most consequential accusations in the history of the world, the sort of thing that completely upends the geopolitical economic order . . . is a midday women’s chat show heavy on celebrity news and gossip really the best venue? This is a bit like Daniel Ellsburg unveiling the Pentagon Papers on The View. But Dr. Yan did do an interview on Tucker Carlson’s program as well.

The paper from Yan and other colleagues is now out, and it is less evidence than an assertion that the virus could not be naturally occurring based upon sequences in the genetic code. U.S. virologists are, so far, skeptical, arguing that the attributes that Yan contends must be man-made or engineered can indeed occur in nature.

In these conversations, there’s an imprecision to the labels that can be misleading and annoying. “Came from a lab” can mean it is a naturally occurring virus that jumped from bats to humans because of someone in the laboratory being careless. Secondly, labs can mimic the process of “natural” evolution and effectively speed it up: “Cells are inoculated into media and left to grow until the culture reaches a high population density. Instead of throwing out or using all of the resultant population, the experimental evolutionist transfers or dilutes the culture to allow continued growth and division. This cycle can be continued indefinitely, and as the generations accumulate, natural selection will drive the population to adapt to the laboratory environment.”

As a reader put it to me a few months back, “natural mutations are caused by just the right doses of toxins, stress, ultraviolet light, environmental extremes. One can throw the dice and expose a virus to any of those outside forces in a laboratory, carefully adjusting the doses so that 99.9 percent or so of the virus dies. What’s left might be unaffected, but some will almost certainly have some mutations. Some mutations will doom the virus. But some might be very useful, and they can then be moved to a nutrient medium and get coddled for a while to replicate. That is a very hit and miss procedure, but the time and cost is negligible.”

The scientist isn’t going in and changing the genes, he’s just hitting fast-forward on survival of the fittest. Does this represent being “made in a lab” or does this represent “naturally occurring”? Or both?

Most virologists around the world say they don’t see evidence of engineering or manipulation in the genetic code of SARS-CoV-2, and I trust their assessment. But it is worth noting that this doesn’t mean that a naturally occurring virus — say, found in a horseshoe bat — could not have been subjected to microbial experimental evolution in a laboratory. The end result of that experimentation would be a virus stronger and possibly more contagious than the original samples and not have any signs of genetic tampering or alterations.

This is one of those rare areas where I agree with the “this virus isn’t that bad” crowd; if SARS-CoV-2 represents a bioweapon, it is not a terribly effective one. But this doesn’t mean that any research on viruses in China was completely unrelated to interest in biological weapons; research on pathogens is pretty much the definition of “dual use.” The more you know about how to fight off a virus or bacteria, the more knowledge you have about how to effectively use it as a weapon on an unsuspecting population.

The scenario Dr. Li-Meng Yan describes could have happened, but the evidence to support the claim either isn’t in the genetic code or it isn’t clear and indisputable enough. But the fact that China has been so stubbornly resistant to outside investigations of the origins of the virus — they’re still negotiating with the World Health Organization about how the investigation will proceed! — certainly justifies suspicions that Beijing’s rulers have something they want to hide.

ADDENDUM: Have you noticed that to certain media voices, whatever traits the Democratic nominee has just happen to be what the country needs that year? In 2004, John Kerry’s military service was considered a great argument in favor of his election, but by 2008, John McCain’s service was nothing special. Remember how youth and being an outsider to Washington were considered really important when Barack Obama was running, but suddenly didn’t seem so important when Hillary Clinton was nominated — and they sure as heck aren’t seen as valuable traits now?

Janan Ganesh of the Financial Times makes an accurate but convenient point: No one is all that excited about Joe Biden, and that’s something of a relief after dealing with the Obama messiah cult and the worship of Trump by the MAGA-cap-wearing diehard fans. The headline? “The welcome lack of enthusiasm for Joe Biden.

“The US has had two consecutive presidents with messianic followings, and it is worse off for the 12-year surge of emotion,” Ganesh writes. “No democracy is riper for a period of tepid leadership.”

The thing is, it took a Republican president with an impassioned fanbase and a Democratic nominee who’s pretty boring and cookie-cutter to see any public defense of boring national leaders.

Still, I think it would make for a refreshingly honest slogan: “Joe Biden 2020: He’s pretty tepid as a leader.”
Old 09-18-2020, 08:02 AM   #75
HoeHummer
BANNED

LOLLING!

I wonder how many threads in this forum are comprised on dubious posters, citing dubious sources in order to find any ways possibles to defend, excuse or otherwise justify their support of the criminal Trump and their own WSND xenophobia’s.
HoeHummer is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women