Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59989
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47596
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 03-30-2022, 05:43 PM   #1
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Energy independence unintended consequences...what say our resident experts in economics and energy, lustylad and Tiny respectively

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-lng...es-11648592494

The LNG Export Boom Is Draining U.S. Natural-Gas Supplies and Lifting Prices
Overseas shipments of shale gas are replacing Russian supplies in Europe and boosting prices at home
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 06:56 PM   #2
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Why should I comment? I put a lot of time into preparing a Stockholm Syndrome therapy session for YOU. And I put it into YOUR Jared Diamond thread. And you didn't even bother to read it.

But I can't resist. A "barrel of oil equivalent" from natural gas sells for 30% of what a barrel of oil costs. We're sitting on a huge resource of natural gas, representing many years of production at current rates. Higher prices for American exports, like LNG, benefit Americans. You're going to argue that "replacing Russian supplies in Europe" is a bad thing?

Finally, as production from unconventional oil fields in the Permian Basin grows, as it will if oil prices stay anywhere near where they are now, associated gas production from those fields will also grow, and push back down the price of natural gas.

Natural gas at $5.60 per MMBTU, what it's selling for now at the Henry Hub, represents a low or reasonable price. Again, on a BTU equivalency basis, that's 70% less than what you'd pay for oil. Plus natural gas produces less carbon dioxide and less pollutants than coal and oil. Historically prices of $15.00 per MMBTU for LNG in Asian markets are not uncommon.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 08:53 PM   #3
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

The thread was about how exporting NGL is adversely effecting the price in this country. Now if you're arguing that is good for midstream investors, I'd agree. But it is not good for the average American light bills!!!!

My apologies for not commenting on your J Diamond response. I did read it and got a good chuckle. I promise to respond at some point. I'm tied up at the moment with AOC, Stockholmpun intended....
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 09:41 PM   #4
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Natural gas at $5.60 per MMBTU, what it's selling for now at the Henry Hub, represents a low or reasonable price. Again, on a BTU equivalency basis, that's 70% less than what you'd pay for oil. Plus natural gas produces less carbon dioxide and less pollutants than coal and oil. Historically prices of $15.00 per MMBTU for LNG in Asian markets are not uncommon.
WTF thinks Henry Hub is a busy glory-hole truck stop outside Houston.

I've read that natural gas prices in Europe are even higher, around $24 per MMBTU (Dutch TTF hub). While the US price has doubled in the past 12 months, the price in Europe has jumped five-fold.

For a normal commodity like oil or soybeans, this would represent a huge arbitrage opportunity. Buy at $5.60 and sell at $24.00 - you earn an instant profit of $18.40 per MMBTU, minus delivery costs. But everyone knows natural gas isn't a "normal" commodity. There are no trans-Atlantic pipelines, so it has to be liquefied and loaded onto special pressurized and refrigerated tankers, then converted back into gaseous form at offloading terminals in Belgium or Germany, etc.

Those LNG plants, on both the export and import ends, are complex, costly, and have long construction lead times. Until many more are built, the US can't simply turn gas exports on or off like a light switch. The WSJ story notes our export capacity will grow by only 16% this year and quotes a Goldman Sachs analyst who says "it should be 2025, however, before enough additional LNG export terminals come online in the U.S. to really tighten domestic inventories and tether prices to more expensive international markets."

Bottom line - US natural gas is far less "tethered" to global markets than crude oil or refined products. How fast this will change - and how soon the huge price disparities between the US and Europe/Asia will be whittled down - depends on how fast we are allowed to expand our LNG export capacity.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 06:34 AM   #5
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
WTF thinks Henry Hub is a busy glory-hole truck stop outside Houston.

I've read that natural gas prices in Europe are even higher, around $24 per MMBTU (Dutch TTF hub). While the US price has doubled in the past 12 months, the price in Europe has jumped five-fold.

For a normal commodity like oil or soybeans, this would represent a huge arbitrage opportunity. Buy at $5.60 and sell at $24.00 - you earn an instant profit of $18.40 per MMBTU, minus delivery costs. But everyone knows natural gas isn't a "normal" commodity. There are no trans-Atlantic pipelines, so it has to be liquefied and loaded onto special pressurized and refrigerated tankers, then converted back into gaseous form at offloading terminals in Belgium or Germany, etc.

Those LNG plants, on both the export and import ends, are complex, costly, and have long construction lead times. Until many more are built, the US can't simply turn gas exports on or off like a light switch. The WSJ story notes our export capacity will grow by only 16% this year and quotes a Goldman Sachs analyst who says "it should be 2025, however, before enough additional LNG export terminals come online in the U.S. to really tighten domestic inventories and tether prices to more expensive international markets."

Bottom line - US natural gas is far less "tethered" to global markets than crude oil or refined products. How fast this will change - and how soon the huge price disparities between the US and Europe/Asia will be whittled down - depends on how fast we are allowed to expand our LNG export capacity.
Excellent post. When I was in my 20's, and working full time in oil and gas, I met a senior partner at one of the largest UK law firms. I was amazed at his knowledge of offshore production technology. He wasn't an expert in energy. But he knew more than I did, and he was a lot better at conveying what he knew than I was. Your post reminds me of that experience.

About LNG capacity, the Biden administration a month or two ago decided to include the effect on carbon emissions of proposed pipelines and LNG liquefaction plants in the criteria the feds look at in deciding whether to approve projects. Hopefully they'll back off that.

WTF used to be able to go with you toe to toe in throwing out homosexual insults. However he seems to be losing his mojo. This is sad. I attribute it to the Stockholm Syndrome. Stockholm Syndrome must be a degenerative disease, something like Lou Gehrig's disease. Hopefully he'll snap out of it. I miss the old WTF.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:04 PM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post

And that is why I've invested in a midstream that seems to have a leg up on NGL exports????

https://www.naturalgasintel.com/ente...in-in-permian/
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:09 PM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Would our resident economic guru rate investing in this partnership a wise move?

Would that just be blind luck from an individual who has no understanding of the integrated worldwide energy industry?

The Enterprise Hydrocarbons Terminal in Houston contains the largest-capacity liquid petroleum gas (LPG) export dock in the world by volume, and it accounts for 30% of total U.S. LPG exports. The terminal has averaged over 485,000 barrels per day so far in 2021, down 17% from its average 2020 level.Dec 15, 2021
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:17 PM   #8
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Ex

WTF used to be able to go with you toe to toe in throwing out homosexual insults. However he seems to be losing his mojo. This is sad. I attribute it to the Stockholm Syndrome. Stockholm Syndrome must be a degenerative disease, something like Lou Gehrig's disease. Hopefully he'll snap out of it. I miss the old WTF.
Going toe to toe with that homo would require the limbs of an octopus to keep him away from your junk.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:37 PM   #9
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Going toe to toe with that homo would require the limbs of an octopus to keep him away from your junk.

if you say so
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:40 PM   #10
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
That's more like it!
lustylad is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women