Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70443
biomed160786
Yssup Rider60144
gman4452955
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47649
pyramider46370
bambino40371
CryptKicker37100
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35507
Mojojo33117

Old 04-21-2023, 02:13 PM   #46
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

So it’s your argument that if you’re a Republican and you get a democrat judge, even when you have facts on your side, you should settle? Same vice-versa correct? I’ll start letting my client know that even when the facts favor them they should settle because the judge was a democrat appointee or the jurisdiction is heavily democratic.

Lol. Ok Tiny. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. I’ll stick to my belief that if Fox hadn’t peddled lies, they wouldn’t be in this pickle. Funny part is that they knew they were peddling lies. If they thought they were doing nothing wrong, they’d have not tried to hide it.

I get where you’re coming from. I believe you’re wrong but that is what it is. Let’s see if they cave in NY since it’s no way they can prevail there. I mean, surely the judge and jury will be democrats so, Fox may as well pay up their $2B now.

Maybe they have some facts to support the lies they peddled repeatedly since as I’ve told you, truth is an absolute defense to libel and defamation. They can always just show us the proof that what they allowed their on air talent to say was truthful.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 02:17 PM   #47
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

So you admit that claims made by people on Fox and Fox on air talent were lies. Good for you. So if I understand your last post, your issue is with the amount Fox paid not that Fox lied. Hmmm. Ya know, if they didn’t want to funnel millions to the plaintiffs bar and equity firms, they coulda not lied.

See the answer is really simple. DON’T LIE.
Old 04-21-2023, 03:26 PM   #48
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Surely hope your - "DON'T LIE" - surely extends to
the FBI/DOJ officials, mate.

Because the big settlement surely didn't stop FOX from
reporting FACTS - as the whistleblower comes a-talking.

And, of course I DO understand that I'm a mover and shaker
here in America... All of half-a-mo after I mention
CBS, "60 Minutes", and Lesley Stahl - What Do They Do -
CBS surely begins mentioning the IRS Whistleblower fellow
the FOX-News has be talking about.

Rather bleedin' obvious CBS-News just trying like
Jack-the-Lad to get onto the right side o' this
before Trump sues them.

Thanks to Fox-News their continued GREAT Reporting...

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 04:29 PM   #49
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
...if Fox hadn’t peddled lies, they wouldn’t be in this pickle.
You need to stop using words like "peddled" or "promoted" and acknowledge there are facts to support both sides. Fox is a huge organization running hundreds of programs 24/7 on multiple cable channels. It employs both anchors who report the news and opinion hosts who opine on it.

For every Lou Dobbs who said something that appears incriminating, there's another Fox host who said something exculpatory like this:

Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy debunked guest Jonathan Turley’s claim that Dominion voting software “had glitches.” Doocy said: “With that Dominion software: Five counties in Michigan and Georgia had problems. And the Dominion software was used in two of the counties. And in every instance, largely, it was human error – a problem, but the software did not affect the vote counts.” [Fox News, Fox & Friends, 11/13/20]

The facts are clearly ambiguous - yet you keep spinning everything as being black and white.

Quote:
See the answer is really simple. DON’T LIE.
Uh-huh. So was Steve Doocy lying when he said the Dominion software glitches didn't affect the vote counts?

See how that works?
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 04:44 PM   #50
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
"It can't just be, you know somebody tweeted this. It's got to be demonstrable facts that can be laid out with evidence because that's what a court of law is gonna look to, not just an allegation but actual facts," Ted Cruz said in the tape (he was talking to a Fox News host) that was given exclusively to MSNBC's Ari Melber on Thursday.

Facts not spin.

Nice quote. I agree with Ted Cruz. Glad you agree too. That's why most Fox News hosts kept pressing Rudy and Sydney for evidence, both on and off the air.

By the way - Alan Dershowitz praised Ted Cruz as the smartest guy in his Constitutional Law class at Harvard Law School. I'm guessing you must agree with that glowing assessment of Ted's razor-sharp legal mind.
Old 04-26-2023, 04:54 AM   #51
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Now that Fox has decided to pay up. Will they go ahead and release to the public all that proof they had of voter fraud. May as well now, so the people can see that it wasn’t lies. They can release that along with the proof they had that Dominion and Smartmatic changed votes.

I’m pretty sure that Salty and others kept saying that it would all come out during the lawsuit.

What happened?
Old 05-21-2023, 07:30 PM   #52
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
More from the FT,

In 2018, it (Staple Street, a private equity firm) invested $38mn to acquire a majority stake in Dominion at a $80mn valuation. (Tiny's Note: The valuation of 100% of Dominion with the debt probably was actually $49 million. The $80 million most likely was the value of the company plus Dominion's net debt.)

....In its defence, Fox planned to tell the jury that Trump’s allegation of election fraud “was about as newsworthy as you can possibly imagine”, a person familiar with their plans said, and characterise the case as a high-stakes proxy battle for press freedom in which it had fulfilled “its journalistic duty”.

Fox contended Dominion’s lawsuit was “a political crusade in search of a financial windfall” for the company and its “private equity owners”.At trial, it intended to argue that if there were any damages suffered by Dominion, they were “nowhere close” to $1.6bn, the person familiar said.

Indeed, Staple Street’s investment in Dominion was already a success as its court battle intensified. Filings with the Securities Exchange Commission show that Dominion’s value had roughly tripled between 2018 and 2021, growing profitable enough for Staple Street to repay more than $30mn in acquisition debt.

Court documents also show Staple Street had recovered much of its original investment through dividends Dominion paid its owners. An expert it hired valued Dominion not far from the near-$800mn settlement it ultimately received. (Tiny's note: The hired experts value probably was about as realistic as Trump's claim he was worth $10 billion.)

The proceeds from the settlement are essentially pure profit to Staple Street, which stands to make hundreds of millions of dollars. The cash will be distributed to Dominion’s owners including Staple Street, chief executive John Poulos, and some senior employees.

There was no separate provision for Fox to pay the company’s legal fees, so its recovery is likely to be substantially lower than $787.5mn, as plaintiffs’ lawyers on contingency contracts typically command about a third of the settlement sum. Corporate taxes must also be paid.

https://www.ft.com/content/5d4bfeb1-...e-0501373be4c6

So there you have it. The private equity firm and the plaintiffs' lawyers make off with hundreds of millions, multiples of the damage caused to Dominion. Is that what we want here in America? A massive channeling of cash from mainstream businesses to private equity and plaintiffs' lawyers?

Given that Dominion had tripled in value and paid off $30 million in debt by 2021, after the 2020 election, I question whether the company suffered substantial damage. Anybody with common sense knew the claim that the voting machines were rigged was bull shit.

Hey Tiny, did you see this?

https://time.com/6280840/dominion-fo...s-john-poulos/

What the hell is going on?

Will Dominion's owners shut the company down after paying themselves a huge liquidating dividend out of the proceeds of the FOX settlement?
Old 05-21-2023, 09:53 PM   #53
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Now that Fox has decided to pay up. Will they go ahead and release to the public all that proof they had of voter fraud. May as well now, so the people can see that it wasn’t lies. They can release that along with the proof they had that Dominion and Smartmatic changed votes.

I’m pretty sure that Salty and others kept saying that it would all come out during the lawsuit.

What happened?
... It didn't come out at trial 'cause Fox surely rolled over.

But maybe the reports are true - and Dominion machine
is SHUTTING DOWN. ...

... So NOW dominion don't gotta worry.
NOBODY will check their machines. ...

### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 04:28 AM   #54
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Hey Tiny, did you see this?

https://time.com/6280840/dominion-fo...s-john-poulos/

What the hell is going on?

Will Dominion's owners shut the company down after paying themselves a huge liquidating dividend out of the proceeds of the FOX settlement?
dominion is basically going bankrupt. they can't sell their machines.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 07:16 AM   #55
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Which is why they sued for a billion six. Worked out for them. And proves their damages.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women