Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59937
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47559
pyramider46370
bambino40328
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 09-05-2011, 06:37 AM   #61
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

What was a mandate for "Hope and Change" quickly turned into an abuse of raw political power (aka Chicago Style Politics); with little regard for consensus or where the American electorate stood on any given issue........Obamacare; Recovery and Reinvestment Act (stimuls); Cash For Clunkers; GM/Chrysler/Union Bailouts..yada yada...he had a hard majority of committed zombies who drove thru unwanted (and failed) policies.... and then the American electorate got a second chance in November 2010...........

The rest is history (as they say).........

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post

Yeah, I agree. Obama had a hell of a mandate that he never exercised (385/173 EVs).

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:12 AM   #62
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
His final paragraph was my favorite!

" Yes, there are crimes of conscience that call us to action. Yes, there are causes that move our hearts and offenses that stir our souls. But progress doesn't come when we demonize opponents. It's not born in righteous spite. Progress comes when we open our hearts, when we extend our hands, when we recognize our common humanity. Progress comes when we look into the eyes of another and see the face of God. That we might do so -- that we will do so all the time, not just some of the time -- is my fervent prayer for our nation and the world."

Easily... the most hypocritical bastard to ever* hold the office!!
He's losing people like TTH (and even me, to a certain extent) simply because he expends too much effort in living up to this paragraph, and you claim this paragraph makes him the most hypocritical bastard to ever hold the office.

This just falls right in line with the birtherism nonsense, the teleprompter nonsense, the verbal gaffe nonsense etc etc etc - when you're criticisms aren't based on inane topics, they're just inane.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #63
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
Hidding?? You mean hiding?

Probably the same thing he was hiding when he thought showing his birth certificate in June of 2008 was enough.

You know, nothing (a correct sentence with or without the comma).

Who the fuck are you to ask for personal information from him beyond what is required by law? You feel you are entitled to the info even though the law of the land, our Constitution, says you are wrong again.

If you knew what honors were associated with his degree when he graduated, you would know he was in the top 10% of his class. You can verify that at Harvard's website.

And now for your "facts".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
How valid is your opinion if you believe he doesn’t know how many states there are or that some verbal gaffs mean anything in the larger picture? It would be uninteresting to hear your gaffs if every word you said in public was recorded by someone.
Did you mean gaffes?

What a hypocritical POS. You don’t think it’s fair to point out Obama’s mispronunciations and errors like “57 states” but you can’t wait to jump on people here with opposing views that don’t use proper punctuation or use the wrong word even though you knew what point they were trying to get across. This is a SHMB. Liberals sure liked to criticize Bush for his dialect and pronunciation of “nuclear”.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #64
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

You guys act like no one other than Obama has mis-spoken facts or mis-pronounced words. There are an abundance of examples out there. With round-the-clock video, we probably hear about it more now than we would have 50 years ago.

If you were numbering the errors, Geo. W. Bush probably had the most. The one that grated the most for me: "nucular" for "nuclear." On that word alone, Bush probably has the record.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #65
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
[T]he permanent political class …[use] taxpayer dollars… to bail out their friends on Wall Street and their corporate cronies, and to reward campaign contributors, and to buy votes via earmarks. There is so much waste. And there is a name for this: It’s called corporate crony capitalism. This is not the capitalism of free men and free markets, of innovation and hard work and ethics, of sacrifice and of risk. No, this is the capitalism of connections and government bailouts and handouts, of waste and influence peddling and corporate welfare. This is the crony capitalism that destroyed Europe’s economies. It’s the collusion of big government and big business and big finance to the detriment of all the rest – to the little guys.
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:00 AM   #66
MrGiz
BANNED

Obamanomics can be spun any which way you choose... it still doesn't change the fact that he has been... is now... and forever will be an incompetent hack puppet, without a clue!

The secret has been exposed... he is the Ultimate Post Turtle!
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #67
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Obamanomics can be spun any which way you choose... it still doesn't change the fact that he has been... is now... and forever will be an incompetent hack puppet, without a clue!

The secret has been exposed... he is the Ultimate Post Turtle!
Coming from someone who likely voted for the guy whose policies led to the greatest economic meltdown since the great depression, your words have little impact.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #68
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Coming from someone who likely voted for the guy whose policies led to the greatest economic meltdown since the great depression, your words have little impact.
Pay Attention, Doove!!
As usual... you haven't a clue as to who you are speaking to!

Unlike you... I do not settle on choosing "sides" according to conformity!
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #69
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
you haven't a clue as to who you are speaking to!
Oh my god, are we supposed to get scared now "mr you haven't a clue as to who you are speaking to"???

Barf Barf
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #70
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Oh my god, are we supposed to get scared now . . .
If you choose to "read" it that way... go for it!* More tactical responses, eh?
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #71
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Unlike you... I do not settle on choosing "sides" according to comformity!
Comformity? So tell us, what do your gaffes prove?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #72
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I'm not the President with the superior intellect. And no matter how many drinks I have, I have never forgotten how many states there are, and I have known since grade school that the p and s in corpsman are silent.

But I will remember this the next time Palin, or Perry, or any Republican makes a misstatement, and people start to criticize.

By the way, I have defended gaffes and misstatements by John Kerry and other liberals when the right wing nuts have twisted their meaning. There is no good spin on 57 states. If he were Republican, the government controlled media would have laughed him out of the race.

Did we mention the time he thanked a bunch of dead servicemen for showing up to a speech of his? My ass has intellect superior to that.
Well weren't you taught in elementary school that Africa was a continent and not a country(Palin) and (Bush)???? or how Rich can you be when you don't know how many homes you own(McCain) I can write a book On Bush's gaffe's:

I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

I know how hard it is to put food on your family.

I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right.

I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here.

I recently met with the finance minister of the Palestinian Authority, was very impressed by his grasp of finances.

I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating.

I think war is a dangerous place.

I understand small business growth. I was one.

I wish I wasn't the war president. Who in the heck wants to be a war president? I don't.

I'm not a very good novelist. But it'd make a pretty interesting novel.

If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow.

If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - so long as I'm the dictator.

I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things.

I'm the master of low expectations.

I'm the commander - see, I don't need to explain - I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being President.

It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber.

Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people and neither do we.

The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur.

There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably Tennessee, that says 'Fool me once [pause], shame on…shame on you. [Long pause] Fool me. [Pause] You can't get fooled again.'

They have miscalculated me as a leader.

They misunderestimated me.

This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating.

We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.

We need an energy bill that encourages consumption.

We ought to make the pie higher.

We're concerned about AIDS inside our White House - make no mistake about it.

Will the highways on the Internet become more few?

Do you have blacks, too? (To Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso)

When I was young and irresponsible, I was young and irresponsible.

You're free. And freedom is beautiful. And, you know, it'll take time to restore chaos and order - order out of chaos. But we will.

This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mential losses.

I think there is a Trojan horse lurking in the weeds trying to pull a fast one on the American people.

This is a world that is much more uncertain than the past. In the past we were certain, we were certain it was us versus the Russians in the past. We were certain, and therefore we had huge nuclear arsenals aimed at each other to keep the peace. That's what we were certain of…You see, even though it's an uncertain world, we're certain of some things.

It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas.

I think we agree, the past is over.

And there's no doubt in my mind, not one doubt in my mind, that we will fail.

The important question is, how many hands have I shaked.

General…I can't name the general.(When asked to name President of Pakistan)

We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease.

The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself.

When I was a kid I remember that they used to put out there in the Old West a wanted poster. It said, Wanted: Dead or Alive.

My answer is to bring them on. (On Iraqi militants attacking US forces)

Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed. -- May 1, 2003
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #73
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Can we concede that everyone makes gaffs and none of them matter in the end. I still want to know what policies that Obama has championed that make the crappy economy he inherited better. I do not blame him for what he stepped in to but I do blame him for policies that make a bad situation worse.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #74
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Comformity? So tell us, what do your gaffes prove?
That you are a bonafide genius!
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #75
Doove
Valued Poster

So, MrGiz, you edited your post and altered my comment in an effort to hide your gaffe.

Insecure much?
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women