Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47579
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 02-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Default GOOD NEWS FOR OBAMA, JOBS, AND STOCKMARKET!!!

Stock Markets Rally, Bringing Dow, Nasdaq To Highest Levels In Years

'The Dow Jones industrial average closed Friday at 12,862.23, jumping 156.82 points to its highest close since May 2008, back when Lehman Brothers was still a going concern.

The Nasdaq composite index jumped 1.65 percent to 2905.66, its highest close since December 2000 -- that's almost within shouting distance of the peak of the tech-stock bubble.

The broader S&P 500 index, which probably makes up the biggest chunk of the average person's 401(k), jumped 1.5 percent to 1,344.90, but has no sexy historical comparison to brag about. It's still a little lower than it was last July.

Nevertheless, this is a big rally, resulting a 16 percent rise of the S&P since Thanksgiving, and it has been driven largely by better-than-expected economic data, the biggest of which was this morning's jobs report for January.
[/I][/B]
"The U.S. economy added 243,000 jobs in January and the unemployment rate has fallen to 8.3 percent, according to the latest jobs report from the Labor Department. The numbers mark the fifth straight month that unemployment has dropped.

Analyst expectations ranged from high 100,000s to low 200,000s, so the numbers exceed expectations.

White House Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Alan Krueger said the January jobs report provides further evidence that "the economy is continuing to heal from the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression."

Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's, told MSNBC's Chuck Todd that the report is "unambiguously positive." Hourly earnings are increasing and it shows the economy is "definitively gaining traction," he said."
1NEMESIS is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
RoboSpike
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

I’d give the credit to the House of Rep. who are trying to keep the glorified party planner in check.
RoboSpike is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

I didn't realize growing jobs in China counted. just saying.
satexasguy is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Rakhir
Valued Poster

Encounters: 62

Funny how the GAO tells a different story.
Rakhir is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by satexasguy View Post
I didn't realize growing jobs in China counted. just saying.
What does "just saying" mean? I'm curious, I hear it all the time.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhir View Post
Funny how the GAO tells a different story.
What does the GAO say? I would think that you would tell us at least……..
Old 02-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #7
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSpike View Post
I’d give the credit to the House of Rep. who are trying to keep the glorified party planner in check.
Oh no, see all that red in the first graph? That's when all the partying and stupidity happened, you know like fake wars, stolen elections and all of that criminal activity stuff?!?
Old 02-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #8
CrimsonValkyrie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Is anyone feeling this improvement? I'm sure not. All I see is more people on SNAP and unemployment than ever before, higher food prices and gas is so high at the pump when i go to fill up i get a nose bleed. Part of the reason the unemployment number goes down is because that number does not include people who are no longer on unemployment benefits and those who have simply given up and stopped looking for work. It also does take into Account those who have taken part time jobs or jobs that pay WAY less than what a person used to make.
CrimsonValkyrie is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:00 AM   #9
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonValkyrie View Post
Is anyone feeling this improvement? I'm sure not. All I see is more people on SNAP and unemployment than ever before, higher food prices and gas is so high at the pump when i go to fill up i get a nose bleed. Part of the reason the unemployment number goes down is because that number does not include people who are no longer on unemployment benefits and those who have simply given up and stopped looking for work. It also does take into Account those who have taken part time jobs or jobs that pay WAY less than what a person used to make.

That's true, some of the economists are saying that to return to pre-recession unemployment levels, it's going to take 7yrs and 10 million jobs. I fear that many of those jobs will never come back.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #10
canyonman
Premium Access

Encounters: 15

Dem's had control of both senate and the house when those numbers peeked up... Numbers flatten out when the Republicans took the house and slowed down all the radical crap the dems were trying to shove down our throat. .....just say'in. No chart or link needed...it's a fact.
canyonman is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #11
Rakhir
Valued Poster

Encounters: 62

Here's another factor to explain why the unemployment numbers are cooked.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/record...-rate-tumbles-

And here's your GAO numbers.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/latest...-2022-released

Oh and before I forget remember the numbers currently being thrown out by the regime are their versions of a nationwide average. And even if we do accept them they do not tell the whole story. Look at this article by the AP on specific areas of unemployment. They are in heavily populated areas and I would also postulate quite liberal ones.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-01-16-19-52
Rakhir is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
Coolpops
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

And all those trillions added to the national debt. Just how much did
each of these jobs cost ???????
Coolpops is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #13
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonman View Post
Dem's had control of both senate and the house when those numbers peeked up... Numbers flatten out when the Republicans took the house and slowed down all the radical crap the dems were trying to shove down our throat. .....just say'in. No chart or link needed...it's a fact.
What does "just say'in(sic)" mean? I've never understood that slogan or whatever the hell it is, is it some kind of slang?
Old 02-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #14
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolpops View Post
And all those trillions added to the national debt. Just how much did
each of these jobs cost ???????
You better ask the Bush Administration about that one.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #15
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhir View Post
Here's another factor to explain why the unemployment numbers are cooked.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/record...-rate-tumbles-

And here's your GAO numbers.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/latest...-2022-released

Oh and before I forget remember the numbers currently being thrown out by the regime are their versions of a nationwide average. And even if we do accept them they do not tell the whole story. Look at this article by the AP on specific areas of unemployment. They are in heavily populated areas and I would also postulate quite liberal ones.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-01-16-19-52
THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU RAKHIR!!!!!!

Finally, somebody willing to stand by what they say!! Actually, CG4U did too but she took a dump and split as quickly as she came in.

I've heard some good things about zero hedge from Matt Taibbi(Rolling Stone) but never got around to checkin' them out.

I have to hand it to Rakhir, because zerohedge is not necessarily friendly territory for republican/conservative ideologies.

I've got no time to respond now but will soon……...

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women