Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 392
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70717
biomed162700
Yssup Rider60423
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48462
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41752
CryptKicker37184
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36116
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #136
proudoftexas
Not banned yet

Kiera, have you ever heard of Nick Harkaway? He's the son of John Le Carre, who I consider the best spy thriller writer ever.

He just came out with Angelmaker a couple of months ago.

I also recommend his Gone Away World, which was written about 5 years ago. It's longer than Angelmaker, but not as dense. A very fun read.

Try Gone Away World, and see what you think.
proudoftexas is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #137
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodahero View Post
I enjoy Zecharia Sitchin's The 12th Planet. The Earth Chronicles series is facinating. Even if you dont believe what he writes have to admit it makes sense.

Creature From Jekyll Island by G Edward Griffin about The Federal Reserve.
If you can accept Zecharia Sitchin as being an authority on the Sumerian language... "Genesis Revisited" certainly presents an interesting twist on the Human Race... very interesting!

Zero... if you liked Griffin's - "Creature From Jekyll Island".... you would probably also enjoy "Rule By Secrecy" - Jim Marrs. It's been several years since I read it... it would be interesting to read it again and see how well it coincides with today's Global QE Policies.

"Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance" - Robert Persig is a facinating self-inquiry into one man's inner madness.

I'm reading Doug Casey's - "Totally Incorrect" right now... pretty predictable reading, if you're already familiar with Casey... the chapter on Cuba has been the best chapter so far...

so many more...
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #138
Rockydoc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Tell me more about Genesis revisited.
Rockydoc is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #139
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockydoc View Post
Tell me more about Genesis revisited.
Amazon says : "In this remarkable companion volume to his landmark EARTH CHRONICLES series, author Zecharia Sitchin reexamines the teachings of the ancients in the light of mankind's latest scientific discoveries -- and uncovers breathtaking, never-before-revealed facts that challenge long-held, conventional beliefs about our planet and our species."

You'll need an open mind to take what's in it and combine with whatever your pre-beliefs are... Darwinism/Evolution... or some form of Creationism... definitely interesting!!
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #140
thisguy23
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
Started reading World War Z by Max Brooks. Very interesting style and read so far - I'm really digging it!

What do you think about it so far? I am trying to decide on my next book.
thisguy23 is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #141
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy23 View Post
What do you think about it so far? I am trying to decide on my next book.
I liked it! Definitely a different style of book than your traditional novel. The book is pretty much written as a UN report of the spread of a zombie plague. The entire book is all just anecdotal interviews with different survivors of the plague, so it was a neat style for a book in this genre.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #142
TSKrystiKakes
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 118947
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
I always wanted to read the Dark Tower, but I actually haven't read much of Stephen King's previous stuff so I feel like I would be missing out on a lot of the little tie-ins.

Oh, another book I recently recommended to a friend was Ready, Player One by Ernest Cline. A great fun book depending on when you grew up
Most all the "tie-ins" the dark tower has, really has no bearing on the story line, just little details. In most ways its NOTHING like his other books. I also highly recommend it.
TSKrystiKakes is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #143
Caleb
Account Disabled

Encounters: 56

Awesome thread. Haven't seen a lot about one of my favorite genres that I use to escape reality. I am a huge fan of spy/thriller novels. Saw a mention of LeCarre, oft cited as the best, but I never really got into his style. For my taste, Robert Ludlum will forever be the king. I have yet to read another author who can so brilliantly craft the setting to the story - and yes, I have read George RR Martin. The first three Bourne books (that he actually wrote, not the crap that was penned after his death) The Scarlatti Inheritance, and The Matarese Circle are among my favorites, but I pretty much loved everything he wrote.

Other good authors in this genre include David Baldacci (got my hobby name from him), Ken Follett, and Vince Flynn. I would recommend everything that Baldacci and Flynn have written, but much prefer Follett's early work to current.

From a more classics bent, Atlas Shrugged is one of my favorites, ever. Not only a good story, it aligns quite well with my fiscal viewpoints. Also really enjoyed To Kill A Mockingbird and Catcher in the Rye.

Have recently ventured into the Sci/Fi and Fanatasy realm. Robert Heinlein was just cool - Stranger in a Strange Land and Friday were both amazing. The Cat Who Walks Through Walls utterly disappointing. Douglas Adams is hysterical and Ray Bradbury very thought provoking.

On the fantasy front, George RR Martin is perhaps the bravest author I have ever read. Love an author who is not afraid to eliminate ANY character from the story to keep it real. Truly a master at crafting characters that display the full range of humanity with all of its flaws. Have also really enjoyed Robin Hobb, Brandon Sanderson, and Brent Weeks.

So many books out there, so little time. I do love a good story.
Caleb is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #144
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Encounters: 41

Finally read this one Sci-Fi classic!
zerodahero is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #145
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

I started doing a reread of Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain books last night (of which the second book, the Black Cauldron, was turned into that Disney movie). I hadn't read these since elementary school but it's still holding up well over time! The story moves quickly along yet Alexander still does a great job describing the scenery what's going on so you get a good mental picture of what things look like.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #146
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodahero View Post
Finally read this one Sci-Fi classic!
Years ago, at least 20, I read the Berserker series. I loved them.
And through the years I have seen them mentioned in Sci Fy Shows. The most recent was Stargate Universe. It's a great concept.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #147
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
Zero... if you liked Griffin's - "Creature From Jekyll Island".... you would probably also enjoy "Rule By Secrecy" - Jim Marrs. It's been several years since I read it... it would be interesting to read it again and see how well it coincides with today's Global QE Policies...
I am familiar with Jim Marrs. I picked up The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy when BORDERS went out of business.
Haven't read it yet
Old 07-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #148
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaBrooke View Post

I also did enjoy a lot the

"Da Vinci Code"

I believe it`s all true .. (lol)
A lot of the Da Vinci Code is based on this book
Old 07-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #149
LNK
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Some of my favorite books are set in the Known Space universe, by Larry Niven.

Ringworld is a classic, and he just kicks ass as an author, IMO.
LNK is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #150
Mysterydate023
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Since I am not sure of your tastes, here are a few random ones:

The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexander Dumas (my favourite)
Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card (my previous favourite)
The Catcher in the Rye, J. D. Salinger
To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
Flowers for Algernon
Pretty much anything by H. G. Welles or Jules Verne
The Gaunts Ghosts series, or anything written by Dan Abnett for the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
The Maltese Falcon, Dashail Hammet. Just as good as the movie.
The Plague Dogs. Only book that made me cry.

If you are more into history/non-fiction:
Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer, a man who witnessed it first hand.
Shattered Sword-an account of Midway from the Japanese perspective.
A World Lit Only By Fire- Europe struggles out of the Dark Ages.
Dreadnought, Robert K. Massie. The very first arms race was between Great Britain and Germany building their navies.
War Without Mercy- US vs Japan and the racial overtones of the conflict.

As you can see, I am somewhat of a military buff.
Mysterydate023 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women