Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160728
Yssup Rider60090
gman4452945
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47639
pyramider46370
bambino40352
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35466
Mojojo33117

Old 03-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #136
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

If these folks would grow a pair, maybe the schools wouldn't be so fucked up.

I can't imagine a jury finding for little Johnny and his switchblade.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #137
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Perhaps I'm simply unaware of the extent to which bad kids sobotage our educational system in some urban school districts. When I was growing up in Dallas in the '50s and '60s, it wasn't too hard for schools to deal with punks. If a couple of warnings and relatively minor punishments didn't suffice, the specter of a transfer to what was then called "reform school" might do the trick.
They are called "Charter Schools" today. My ex-wife teaches at one. A co-worker whose wife is a teacher at a school district in north Houston complained that the charter school was hogging all the better students and the ISD his wife worked at had to take on whoever came thru the doors. Seriously. Not a "Magnet School" but a "Charter School."

There are so many agendas going on in the school systems today its politically incorrect to identify the real issues. In Texas, we have a school rating system. Look at where the "Exemplary" schools are located: mostly "light" (their term, not mine) more affluent neighborhoods. The amount of homework they send home to maintain this top ranking with the kids is crushing. I know first hand. The teachers want to teach at those schools because the students are better quality, they have the backing of the parents, there is adequate funding and the administrators don't have a survival mentality.

Go to a lower tier school. Many (not all) of the students don't have high scholastic achievement potential, their parent(s) don't give a damn and the teachers and admins are praying that somehow their schools standardized scores don't fall below a certain number.

Are the teachers at the higher tier school better than at the lower tier schools? Well, by the test scores, yes. Are they? Maybe, but I'd like to see how each set of teachers fared if they had to switch schools.

BTW, I grew up in Oak Cliff during the 60s/70s.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #138
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
They are called "Charter Schools" today. My ex-wife teaches at one. A co-worker whose wife is a teacher at a school district in north Houston complained that the charter school was hogging all the better students and the ISD his wife worked at had to take on whoever came thru the doors. Seriously. Not a "Magnet School" but a "Charter School."

There are so many agendas going on in the school systems today its politically incorrect to identify the real issues. In Texas, we have a school rating system. Look at where the "Exemplary" schools are located: mostly "light" (their term, not mine) more affluent neighborhoods. The amount of homework they send home to maintain this top ranking with the kids is crushing. I know first hand. The teachers want to teach at those schools because the students are better quality, they have the backing of the parents, there is adequate funding and the administrators don't have a survival mentality.

Go to a lower tier school. Many (not all) of the students don't have high scholastic achievement potential, their parent(s) don't give a damn and the teachers and admins are praying that somehow their schools standardized scores don't fall below a certain number.

Are the teachers at the higher tier school better than at the lower tier schools? Well, by the test scores, yes. Are they? Maybe, but I'd like to see how each set of teachers fared if they had to switch schools.

Good points Gnad!

I'm reading a book with an intresting POV on teaching, will send you a pm when I return from vacation.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #139
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:

I fully agree that it’s wrong to suggest that a teacher working in an ISD is inferior to one working at a charter school. It’s my belief that teachers want to be successful wherever they are, and that the teaching profession has no more than its share of bad apples. I also suggest that it is unfair to suggest that charter schools are superior to and should replace public schools for the same reason. Sooner or later, society has to deal with those students charter schools currently reject. OTH, we can keep building prisons.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #140
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
The teachers want to teach at those schools because the students are better quality, they have the backing of the parents, there is adequate funding and the administrators don't have a survival mentality.
In a rational world, these teachers would be paid LESS than the teachers at the hard-core schools. Enough less that really good/capable teachers would be attracted to these higher paying schools.

pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #141
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
I was not there in the 60s/70s, but I sure liked working there in the 90s. The only bad thing...when I commuted after dark, I was just a tad scared. Nothing ever happened, but the "thrill" was always there.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #142
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
lawsuits and lawyer twisting of facts and discrimination and racism charges have contributed to the one size fits all mentality
Bullshit. Educators have more legal protections than one can imagine. I can't think of a harder group to successfully sue.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #143
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Bullshit. Educators have more legal protections than one can imagine. I can't think of a harder group to successfully sue.
Sued is sued. Whether successful or not it still creates an atmosphere of fear and anxiety, and that leads to CYOA decision making at all levels.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #144
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Sued is sued. Whether successful or not it still creates an atmosphere of fear and anxiety, and that leads to CYOA decision making at all levels.
Yeah, special laws protect teachers & school districts. And the districts owe teachers the duty to defend them, or provide a defense for them. Sued is sued, yes. But the cost of the defense falls squarely on the insurance carrier or the district.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women