Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70469
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453026
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47744
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #151
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

miserable football team.. go Frogs!
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:35 PM   #152
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Defense looked better...

Romo will be back next week would be my guess.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #153
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

2-6 next week.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:58 AM   #154
Tara Evans
Account Disabled

User ID: 679
My ECCIE Reviews

After last nites game it's not looking to good.
Tara Evans is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:35 AM   #155
Guest110416
Valued Poster

Encounters: 83

That was a heartbreaker yesterday and likely that was the sword and killed the Cowboys for the rest of the season, even tho the NFC (L)East's leader is .500. Matt Cassel may be a better quarterback then Weeden, but not by much. He could not even get the ball in the endzone yesterday when the the offense started with the ball on the Seahawks' 15 yard line after that interception by Hardy.

The refs did blow a call that would have given the Cowboys a first down as time was expiring in the second half when Seattle tried to call a timeout after being in a timeout, but I am sure they probably would have stalled out again and kicked the field goal anyway!
Guest110416 is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #156
Papa Noel
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
Defense looked better...

Romo will be back next week would be my guess.
By the rules of the league, Romo cannot return till the Miami game on Nov 22
Papa Noel is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:02 AM   #157
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

From my nosebleed location at AT&T yesterday, a few observations:

During this Romo-less, 5-game losing streak, Cassel and Weeden have both been hamstrung by several glaring deficiencies:

a) dumbed-down game plans by Garrett and Linnehan per the passing phase due to the subpar skills of both QB's (note: they tried to open it up some last week in NY and got burned ; Cassel failed that test)

b) receivers that cannot (to save their lives) run crisp routes or get separation when in man-to-man coverage
(disclaimer: as we all know, Dez really doesn't need to be open to get him the ball....location and timing is the key; something Cassel was sketchy on per getting the ball to him. Plus, Richard Sherman's pretty good, as well.)

c) thirdly, it all starts with the QB....and both Cowboy back ups are marginal, at best, as witnessed per their passing skills and/or decision-making. Neither seem capable of getting the ball into the endzone once the offense is inside the 20 and the running game stalls out....

Per his second start: it's nothing short of a miracle Matt Cassel has been the QB of record for two 10-win seasons during his less-than-mediocre career. I'm not buying the notion he's "rusty" or is still learning the Cowboy offense.....he's a journeyman NFLer and simply needs much greater skill-position talent around him (than what Dallas currently has) to have any effectiveness at all. Four field goals isn't beating anyone in today's NFL.

Elaborating on bullet point B.....Terrance Williams is short of awful. No moves....no speed.....no hands; he's pitiful. And Cole Beasley is no Wes Welker / Julian Edelman starter kit as cleverly advertised. His 2015 numbers (400 yds / 4 tds) can be easily replaced.....and a one-armed mannequin would be better than the Invisible Man, T Will. He's a bench / reserve player at best.

Dallas could make a stand and give a glimmer of hope (to fans) by beating the Iggles next week (while the defense-less Giants lose to a surging Tampa Bay Bucs next week)....this division is borderline dreadful. But I fear it'd be short lived:

The next three opponents for Dallas (@ Tampa.....@ Miami.....and Carolina on Thanksgiving) will in all likelihood put the fork in the Boys. All 3 are playing inspired football and will love nothing more than dog piling and adding more misery to Dallas. Romo's return vs The Fish looks too little, too late.

Time to look forward to May 2016 in Chicago, kids. Perhaps during Round One of the NFL Draft, our designated slot will bring the Cowboys that next elite running back (ie: Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliot). This offense needs some real juice and he would be a pretty good start for next year's team.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #158
Guest110416
Valued Poster

Encounters: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Becot View Post
Time to look forward to May 2016 in Chicago, kids. Perhaps during Round One of the NFL Draft, our designated slot will bring the Cowboys that next elite running back (ie: Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliot). This offense needs some real juice and he would be a pretty good start for next year's team.
They need a quarterback too. Romo is too old, adding the back surgeries and the fact that even when healthy, he cannot get the Cowboy's out of the divisional round. Currently, they are wasting the best years of this great offensive line, like they have wasted Witten's best years with the all the bad team seasons save for last year, wide receiver and running back play, even tho Dez is a play maker when wide open (but wouldn't most receivers be great when they are not covered, can catch the ball and run untouched for a touchdown), and McFadden is okay, but let's wait to see if he can stay healthy for a whole season.

Another thing they should have done was offered Dwayne Harris more time as a wide receiver, he probably would have stayed with the Cowboys, and make Williams a #4 receiver at best.
Guest110416 is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #159
Papa Noel
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Personally, I think everyone is being way to critical. Dallas lost their top three offense players so far this year. Romo, Bryant and Dunbar. What would happen to the Patriots if they lost Brady, Grongowski and Blount? What would happen if Atlanta lost Ryan, Jones and that rookie running back? What would happen to Settle if they lost Wilson, Lynch and Graham? What would happen to the Packers if they lost Rogers and the next two top offense players? What if the Bengals lost Dalton, Green and Bernado? They would all stink like shit too.

Who did Aikman have as a back up when he lost multiple games??? Babe Laufenburg......how did he do? Since the Super Bowl years in the 90s, I can really only think of about 2.5 back up quarterbacks that were very good for Dallas. Romo for Bledsoe, Kitna for Romo and maybe Brad Johnson for Romo. They did serviceable jobs. Cassel did better this week than last week. I just think he has happy feet from too many years of being on teams with shitty lines to protect him. He didn't seem patient enough to let receivers get open, before he would check off, the opposite of last week.

Certainly not a miserable team, a miserable year yes.......but a miserable team not.
Papa Noel is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #160
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

The Packers have already lost their top two receivers ... and they seem to doing well, other than Sunday night.

The best thing is that Jerry is watching a Super Bowl season burst into flames.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #161
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

so... after that performance yesterday.. do you think Dez Bryant should be spanking the Monkey?

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/02/dez-br...nkey-cops-say/
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:57 PM   #162
blowmypop23
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

If nothing else you'd think all the Romo haters would realize what they lose when he's off the field and finally start to appreciate him. I think with Romo at the helm they'd probably be 5-2 instead of 2-5.

This season is lost, I think the best thing to do at this point is tank the season and hope for a high draft pick. They could use that pick to get their next starting qb. Coming off his second broken collarbone and the back surgeries he's got maybe 2 good seasons left.

We don't want to go thru another Quincy carter fiasco when Romo retires.
blowmypop23 is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #163
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

blowmypop23If nothing else you'd think all the Romo haters would realize what they lose when he's off the field and finally start to appreciate him. I think with Romo at the helm they'd probably be 5-2 instead of 2-5.
True dat. With a healthy Romo, The Boys would have outscored Atlanta, New Orleans, NY Giants and even a very beatable Seattle. Might have been a more entertaining game vs The Pats but prolly still a loss...afterall, it's Brady, right? 5-2 very realistic....possibly even 6-1.

This season is lost, I think the best thing to do at this point is tank the season and hope for a high draft pick. They could use that pick to get their next starting qb. Coming off his second broken collarbone and the back surgeries he's got maybe 2 good seasons left.

They'll need to tank pretty badly in order to get one of the top 2 qb's coming out: (Memphis' Paxton Lynch and / or Cal's Jared Goff)....both should be in that Top 10 Picks List first round.

If Dallas limps in with a 7-9 or 8-8 record, the Cowboys could solve two immediate needs in those first two rounds: select Michigan State's qb, Connor Cook....then take Bama running back, Derrick Henry in the second round.

At 6' 2" 242, Henry is more than a handful. As a bigger, stronger version of Demarco Murray, he would move the sticks on short yardage downs; keeping the Cowboy defense on the sideline. Behind this O-line, 1500+ yds would become the norm for this young man.

Personally, I'd still prefer Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliot. At 6' 0'' 225, he's got home run power/speed from any spot on the field. Give him a sliver to run through and he's in your secondary in a blink.

We don't want to go thru another Quincy carter fiasco when Romo retires.

Gawd Awmighty.....Carter was a total joke; still cannot believe they put a Dallas Cowboy uniform on this clown. I put that draft selection along side Jerry's TWO first round draft picks (to Seattle) for Joey Galloway as Top Worst Decisions in Cowboy History.

However...the firing of Jimmy Johnson ranks up there, as well.......
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:23 PM   #164
SCARAMANGA
BANNED

Encounters: 4

More losses than wins for the season. They Suck out loud
SCARAMANGA is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:28 PM   #165
slubby
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57
Default And no more Randle....