Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70471
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47756
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-12-2022, 07:07 PM   #151
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Affirmative action limits your choices to those of one particular color, when you limit your choices of who can be the best person for the job, you limit your chances of actually finding the BEST person, period.

Once Tomlin started to build HIS own team, the Kneelers became mediocre, especially where it's important, in the playoffs.

So a decade later, we see a team with nothing good happening that he is 100 percent responsible for, and they SUCK.

He has had many seasons to build this team, do you allow another attempt, after what he HAS done so far?

It's not likely he'll do any better, find a new coach, one without a caveat, and move along from a failed lesson in political correctness.

A NEW coach rebuilds, not a mediocre coach who has already had his chance and failed.

Remember all those great players from Buffalo who went to multiple Super Bowls in a row and lost them all?

No?

Don't feel bad, nobody does.

Mediocrity may not be just losses, but perhaps the best he is capable of.

And I think that's where we are at with Tomlin, long enough.

Thank him but move along.

It's time.

the Rooney rule comes home to roost ...

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:10 PM   #152
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

I remember Bruce Smith, Thurmon Thomas, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Don Bebe... very good team.

I don't see what that has to do with the fact that you love Cowher even though he had 3 losing seasons before winning a super bowl, and you call the Steelers the Kneelers when they never knelt for the anthem. Cower is a hall of fame coach and Tomlin will be too some day. The vast majority of experts say so.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:47 PM   #153
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
probably not. the Rooneys will double down on hiring him in the first place and say he's earned the right to rebuild the team. which means there won't be much towel waving in yinzerville by SteelerNation for a few
I could agree with them, in part at least. One couldn’t honestly say the Steelers have done poorly under Tomlin. They’ve made some really stupid personnel decisions in the past decade tho, imo. That could be as much the ownership’s fault as the coach’s.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:58 PM   #154
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
I could agree with them, in part at least. One couldn’t honestly say the Steelers have done poorly under Tomlin. They’ve made some really stupid personnel decisions in the past decade tho, imo. That could be as much the ownership’s fault as the coach’s.

depends on the franchise. if you are Jerral (get me some glory hole) Jones then stupid personnel decisions are on him. the Rooney's appear smart enough to stay out of it and let a General Manager make the decisions. if he needs to be replaced then bring in a new GM. as for Tomlin's input it's valid but who makes the ultimate decision? the GM? in most franchises not named the Cowboys or Patriots yes. if there is a conflict between the GM and coach then something has to give. usually it's the coach, fair or not.

we shall see how this works out for SteelerNation. might take a few seasons ..
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 10:56 AM   #155
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
I remember Bruce Smith, Thurmon Thomas, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Don Bebe... very good team.

I don't see what that has to do with the fact that you love Cowher even though he had 3 losing seasons before winning a super bowl, and you call the Steelers the Kneelers when they never knelt for the anthem. Cower is a hall of fame coach and Tomlin will be too some day. The vast majority of experts say so.
Because Cowher built the team Tomlin inherited, including Ben, who, lets be honest, kept the Steelers competitive for as long as he was around.

Now, you are seeing what Tomlin has wrought, and its not pretty.

But, it IS exactly what I have been predicting for the last decade, which, is when Cowhers last legacy is gone, so will be the winning.

Kenny Picket is a perfect example, he's the "Dan Marino" that the Kneelers never took, except Marino was an NFL quality QB, I don't think Picket is, he's a fan favorite, recruited only to drive attendance.

A few more conscussions, and he's not going to be around long, and what has Tomlin done in getting a good QB?

A guy who throws three right to the other team.

There is no plan in motion to make this a better team, or, they'd be playing for draft pics and not a playoff that's never going to happen, and EVEN IF IT DID, they would go nowhere.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 11:05 AM   #156
Devo
Valued Poster

Oh, as for the KNEELING, the Kneelers didn't have the balls to even come out onto the field for the Anthem, they let the one MAN with balls on the team, Villanueva, come out alone, and SINGLY honor our National Anthem.

So, they prevented the Kneeling by bowing out of the issue, I call that Cowardice, because they showed their true feelings with the woke caps, and all the other bullshit that drove fans away afterwards.

They attempted to limit free speech by not allowing any, and Villanueva paid the price by being let go, bluntly, because he rightly EMBARRASSED all the rest of the team, and the OWNERS who were behind both the rise of wokeness, in the first place.

Gutless cowardly soi bois, and Art Rooney is probably spinning is his grave over what they have become.

Hell, you can't even smoke a cigar in their box, I have a politician friend who went to games on their dime, and, quit going because his only vice is cigars.

The owner, you know, the guy with the cigar in his mouth, and even in his statue, wouldn't be allowed to do that now.

Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 11:07 AM   #157
Devo
Valued Poster

"Take it outside Art, you might offend somebody".

Nothing but the SHITTSBURGH KNEELERS.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 11:25 AM   #158
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Tomlin has performed as well or better than Cowher by every quantifiable metric and is considered by the vast majority of experts to be a future hall of fame guy. He inherited an 8-8 team. Cowher didn't win a super bowl until he had Roethlisberger. Look at the teams who have won super bowls. When you look at the last 30 super bowl winners, only 5 had QB who aren't in the HOF, future HOF, or at least Pro Bowl QB. The majority of those are HOF and guaranteed future HOF, with Wilson and Stafford being the pro bowl guys who might not or probably won't make the HOF. When you praise Cowher, but at the same time desecrate Tomlin and even call him names, that's simply not based in reality.

You say that the fans are driven away by players speaking out for causes that they believe in, but revenue has increased every year since Kaep's protest, aside from the anomaly of 2020 when there were no fans at the games, so that's not based in reality either. It seems that your anger is causing you to say things that simply aren't true.

Strange that you brought up cigars, as there are very few places where you can smoke them indoors in public any more, but if I'm in the press box, why should I be forced to inhale someone's nasty cancer causing vapor? I worked in bars when it was still common to allow smoking in them and I'm glad it's no longer common, outside of specific cigar bars. The public consensus is pretty clear on that. It's not really even a partisan issue.
Old 12-13-2022, 11:36 AM   #159
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
if there is a conflict between the GM and coach then something has to give. usually it's the coach, fair or not.

The Steelers had that kind of impasse in 2000 and went with the coach. It worked out well, as they won a Super Bowl with Cowher, and two with the next GM, Kevin Colbert, who has drafted three or four guys who are in or will be in the HOF. Probably also a couple more who had the talent to be in but circumstances (Shazier) or decisions (Bell) prevented it.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/2000/01...3474947826000/
Old 12-13-2022, 11:41 AM   #160
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Devo, you want to blame the Steelers for signing Mitch, and I certainly wasn't thrilled with the signing, but who else could they have gotten at a reasonable price? I'd have rather have had Garapolo, but not at the number that was attached to him at the time. As for KP's concussions, neither of them looked to be very serious, so I think it's more of the NFL operating out of an abundance of caution due to the Tua fiasco, which is a good thing. I don't think it will affect his long term prospects unless he takes more and or worse concussions.
Old 12-13-2022, 04:01 PM   #161
jmichael
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Devo, this quote shows your true ignorance of professional football or professional sports, in the United States"There is no plan in motion to make this a better team, or, they'd be playing for draft pics and not a playoff. it's been explained to you a few times in this thread and yet you still think professional football teams throw games to get better draft positions
jmichael is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 06:01 PM   #162
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael View Post
Devo, this quote shows your true ignorance of professional football or professional sports, in the United States"There is no plan in motion to make this a better team, or, they'd be playing for draft pics and not a playoff. it's been explained to you a few times in this thread and yet you still think professional football teams throw games to get better draft positions
Yea, he doesn't know much about football. It's the same shitty franchises drafting high every single year. Lions, Browns, Commanders, Jets. Aside for a few seasons, the Steelers have been competitive for the last 50 years and they have rarely drafted high.

Then Devo went and told this lie: "Mike Tomlin, too dumb to even lose and get a high draft pick.

IF you suck, just suck, at least it could benefit the next coach, that's how Cowher thought."

Bill Cowher never said anything remotely like that, and if you ask Cowher, he'd say that Mike Tomlin is a great coach.
Old 12-13-2022, 06:54 PM   #163
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

I have high hopes for Pickett and think he’s played pretty good. The Steelers needed a QB for the future and there were 2 candidates. Could him bring a Pitt guy have played a part in the decision? Sure, why not. If it’s going to bump attendance and whatnot, it’s not really a bad thing. The more money the team has, the better players they can afford. It’s not like KP was some underachiever that they took ~only~ because he was a local. He can play the game pretty well imo, and it’s just his first year.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:21 AM   #164
Devo
Valued Poster

Defending a mediocre coach at at best is like defending Biden, its clear and apparent to many the guy isn't capable, but, you'll forever deny it, even as the proof of a team that isn't functioning well at any level is right there.

Unfortunately the country and the Kneelers are microcosms of the same problems for both caused by the same reasons, people accepting a poor product to be happy with anything at all, when its clear there are better leaders out there.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 12:16 PM   #165
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

I just drove past the good man Mike Tomlin's house. For some reason I'm gonna go with my own judgement, and the judgement of the vast majority of profesional experts, rather than your judgement. He will be in the HOF some day, just like Cowher.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women