Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70425
biomed160639
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47585
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35412
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 02-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #166
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
#1: LL, perhaps you would have more luck directing your observations toward the Mods, .....

#2: While on the subject, should your proposed name calling ban also extend to those individuals who regularly refer to the President as "Obamanable"? Or is that not considered name calling?

Is name calling by any other name, still name calling?
#1: I think you just made my point, about being a referee as opposed to a player. But having said that my question regarding the name calling, I think I put in context ... as to why the name calling "because someone disagrees with him" ... or at least that is what it appears to me, but perhaps you have noticed a different motivation for it ...

like those are really terms of respect and endearment and those who engage in that sort of discourse are actually participating in the fun of the comradery of the SandBox ... If that is the case, I surely owe him an apology.

But my question was having to do with him having an opinion and not being a "____________" (insert offensive name in space), while one who disagrees with his "______________" opinion is a _____________________________ or __________.

As far as "Obaminable" ... that combines "obamination" with his name ... and the term is a generally accepted descriptive noun that expresses the disasterous consequences of a slick (or smooth) person's sales pitch ... one meaning, applied here .. and even though I disagree with most of what he does and expresses he is going to do I don't think he's an "idiot" or any number of other labels that are thrown about on the Board toward posters ... many of which you, yourself, have been called and you, yourself, have called others.

In the overall scheme of things as far as personal communications, like exchanges on the board, if anyone seriously thinks it enhances their position, status, or credibility to continuously call them customarily insulting names, or otherwise impresses the bystanders, then we they engage in that sort of discourse they should probably pretend to be talking to themselves in the mirror about themselves ... you know? ...gaze into the mirror at themselves and repeat: "You're an idiot"!

I know you, BT, are not an idiot, not ignorant, not stupid, not "illiterate", etc., although I have said on occasion that at least in my opinion I am generally concerned about people who leap from perfectly good airplanes 100's, if not 1000's of feet up, but that's because it never appealed to me, and the remuneration was insufficient to make it a living.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #167
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Why is Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) following a very young-looking Dominican girl on Twitter?

More questions than answers...............

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/01/wh...#ixzz2JlALlTGD
Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #168
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
#1: I think you just made my point, about being a referee as opposed to a player. But having said that my question regarding the name calling, I think I put in context ... as to why the name calling "because someone disagrees with him" ... or at least that is what it appears to me, but perhaps you have noticed a different motivation for it ..............I know you, BT, are not an idiot, not ignorant, not stupid, not "illiterate", etc., although I have said on occasion that at least in my opinion I am generally concerned about people who leap from perfectly good airplanes 100's, if not 1000's of feet up, but that's because it never appealed to me, and the remuneration was insufficient to make it a living.
I suppose all I can add to that would be the following:

For the past 8-10 years, you and I have had more than our share of differences. Despite our numerous differences of opinion (too many to mention), you have always referred to me as BT and I have referred to you as LL.

I suppose that it does show that two "opposites" can be civil, even in an uncivil environment!

Airborne!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #169
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Just a shot in the dark. He's a dirty old man.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #170
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Just a shot in the dark. He's a dirty old man.
You and I agree, Trendy is a "dirty old man."
Old 02-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #171
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Why is Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) following a very young-looking Dominican girl on Twitter?

More questions than answers...............

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/01/wh...#ixzz2JlALlTGD

there are a lot of idiots on twitter.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #172
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Probably she is the upcoming poster-lady for the new immigration laws!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #173
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I suppose that it does show that two "opposites" can be civil, even in an uncivil environment! Airborne!
I suppose it just comes more easily for those who have self-respect, and plenty about oneself to legitimately respect.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #174
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:

i'm sure it's just to give her fatherly advice..... or he could be anthony weiner-ing her
Old 02-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #175
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post
i'm sure it's just to give her fatherly advice..... or he could be anthony weiner-ing her
Since he lacks the sleek look of Anthony,....

..... it would probably be just weinering her.

Interesting: They both have blonde highlights. She doesn't look too young.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #176
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Then why not take the rule about not talking about children out. It does not sound like it applies anymore in here?

If I remember correctly, I tried at some point early on to point that rule out in that thread too. God knows I regret ever getting into any discussion with you know who.
Indeed, the Penn State topic went up the ladder and was ruled constitutional by the Eccie Supreme Court, as it is a national media story.

Quote:
LL, perhaps you would have more luck directing your observations toward the Mods, as opposed to one side and not the other. It would seem to me that the Mods would have the authority to stop the name calling, not WTF.

Then again, perhaps you are naive enough to believe "they" would stop the name calling if only WTF would make the initial "good faith" leap. Good luck with that!
If anyone needs contacted/corrected by the "mods" they will be....and have been.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #177
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Big Tex (see how civil that is?) I can understand your frustration but to fall back on the moderator for civil behavior? That is tatamount to saying that since it wasn't against the law to rob a bank I just had to do it. People are predisposed to do certain things. WTF is a filthy little insult artist. You can say (and WTF probably will) that is an insult by itself but I say that it is an accurate description of his character. If it comes off as an insult then that demonstrates his character.

As for Menendez, history tells us that Mao kept himself supplied with young, very young girls because that was the only way that he could achieve an erection. Maybe Bob has the same problem. You see that almost sounds like an insult rather than an accurate description of a very real problem.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #178
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
As for Menendez, ... was the only way that he could achieve an erection. Maybe Bob has the same problem.
Well, that settles it. The girl in the pic was not for sex.

I've looked at 5 to 6 times and still don't have an erection.

And JDB ... I'm with you on the "self-control" solution to bad behavior ...

.. "we" should not have to pay deputies to "run traffic" on the toll roads to prevent people from speeding on the toll roads with posted speed limit signs and ... they should already know that their tires are not rated for 80 mph, and some weren't when the were off the shelf and first mounted on their vehicles.

The Senator should exercise some self-control himself, by the way.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #179
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
People are predisposed to do certain things. WTF is a filthy little insult artist. You can say (and WTF probably will) that is an insult by itself but I say that it is an accurate description of his character. If it comes off as an insult then that demonstrates his character.
I do not believe that WTF is any more or less guilty of dishing out insults than most of the regular posters in this forum. But your implication seems to be that WTF is one of, if not the worst. From time to time, most of us are just as guilty of jumping into the Sandbox Cesspool with both feet, you and I included..

Bottom line, this place is not for the faint of heart! If you expect to be treated with dignity and respect, this is probably not the place for you! If you don't already know that, you're not paying close attention!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #180
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

There are a couple (WTF, EVA, CJ, etc) who lead with the insult and no argument. I like think that I lead with the argument and the insult developes naturally. Of course you have to take into account when I respond directly to someone. This last sentence shouldn't be necessary but there are some that would jump on the first statement forgetting about direct responses.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women