Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59941
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 01-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #166
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Friend: a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
a member of the same nation, party, etc.
Acquaintance: a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.

A friend is exactly whom one talks to about religion and politics. Not to overlook internet monkey pooh flinging...
I see you've joined the copy-and-pasta clan. Welcome to the club.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:20 PM   #167
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Friend: a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

A friend is exactly whom one talks to about religion and politics. Not to overlook internet monkey pooh flinging...
When talking to a "friend" about religion and politics, they soon become "acquaintance."
Old 01-28-2020, 07:02 AM   #168
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:

I totally disagree. Both religion and politics have to be handled very carefully because there is a great deal of passion involved. There is very little upside and a great downside to such discussions so I don't go there.

I have very close friends from Alabama who I know are staunch Republicans. We obviously differ on many political issues and to discuss those differences would get us nowhere. Because more than likely those "discussions" would lead to arguments. And arguments lead to strained relationships in most cases.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:59 AM   #169
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Charter membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Null View Post
I see you've joined the copy-and-pasta clan. Welcome to the club.
Thanks, but it's just a temporary, honorary, membership. I did it to ensure we relied on a common understanding of the English language.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:06 AM   #170
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default That's thiing I like about math....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
When talking to a "friend" about religion and politics, they soon become "acquaintance."

I will presume you meant an "acquaintance." (It's an Alt-Write thing)

But that's the thing about math, it's dependable, unless it's common core math - then it's garbage.

To wit: It all adds up - time to get new friends.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:34 AM   #171
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default MAD Detente you say?

I tend to agree to some extent. I would refer to that as M.A.D. (mutual assured destruction) Detente. Believe it or not, I have insanely liberal friends and family who know that I am their polar opposite (mostly). While we do try to avoid chaos, sometimes someone lets a loose missile fly and the resulting return volley is typically immediate. Then it's back on the instigator whether the affair goes thermal nuclear or not.

Luckily, my insanely liberal friends/family are somewhat intellectually gifted and we do/can have those discussions without blood shed. Oftentimes they are quite 'spirited', other times they end with agreeing to disagree. But one thing is sure, rarely would something go unchallenged and we all know it

Side note: Most of my insanely liberal friends and family share another trait in common. Most all know and have stated that when/if SHTF, they will try to make it to my place as fast as humanly possible. I know my family would survive the arrival and I'm somewhat certain my friends would as well. I would put the odds at least at 85% anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I totally disagree. Both religion and politics have to be handled very carefully because there is a great deal of passion involved. There is very little upside and a great downside to such discussions so I don't go there.

I have very close friends from Alabama who I know are staunch Republicans. We obviously differ on many political issues and to discuss those differences would get us nowhere. Because more than likely those "discussions" would lead to arguments. And arguments lead to strained relationships in most cases.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:19 PM   #172
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I will presume you meant an "acquaintance." (It's an Alt-Write thing)

But that's the thing about math, it's dependable, unless it's common core math - then it's garbage.

To wit: It all adds up - time to get new friends.
You got a link to where ellen fesses up about the question she avoids ad naseum? Until then, Grammar Nazi.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:34 AM   #173
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Asketh and ye shall receiveth

Quote:
You got a link to where ellen fesses up about the question she avoids ad naseum?

Yea verily:

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1...post1061917601

I am also glad she has not cast that pearl necklace I left her towards them either.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:27 PM   #174
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Yea verily:

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1...post1061917601

I am also glad she has not cast that pearl necklace I left her towards them either.
I would only accept that as an answer if she never posted on these boards. Anywhere on these boards, Grammar Nazi.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:27 PM   #175
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

....and the wall is still alive and well in bullet points of trump speechs. And ellen still ain't answering or admitting he lied.

Fearless Leader stated to the crowds, "..."But Mexico is in fact, you will soon find out, paying for the wall, okay? … The wall is ultimately and very nicely being paid for by Mexico."

According to Politico, "There’s no evidence of this. We asked the Trump team for more details and haven’t heard back. Trump previously claimed that Mexico would pay for the wall through the U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade agreement, which he will soon sign. There is no provision for the wall in the free trade agreement."
Old 01-30-2020, 06:15 AM   #176
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
....and the wall is still alive and well in bullet points of trump speechs. And ellen still ain't answering or admitting he lied.

Fearless Leader stated to the crowds, "..."But Mexico is in fact, you will soon find out, paying for the wall, okay? … The wall is ultimately and very nicely being paid for by Mexico."

According to Politico, "There’s no evidence of this. We asked the Trump team for more details and haven’t heard back. Trump previously claimed that Mexico would pay for the wall through the U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade agreement, which he will soon sign. There is no provision for the wall in the free trade agreement."
They are paying for it in a way. A recently completed section of the wall blew down on to the Mexican side on Wednesday due to 30 mph winds. Mexican authorities had to divert traffic away from a road adjacent to the wall on the Mexican side.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51307868

Trump had just bragged about the wall going up at record rates the day before. Looks like the construction design was so rushed that it didn't allow for 30 mph winds.

To quote Don Jr. just before the Trump Tower meeting when he thought that Russia was about to illegally share some campaign dirt on Hillary, "I love it".
Old 01-30-2020, 06:21 AM   #177
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:

Trump's contention is that the money generated in this country due to the new USMCA will cover the cost of the wall. While most agree that the new USMCA is somewhat better for this country than NAFTA, no one has predicted a huge increase of dollars into the U.S. treasury to pay for the wall.

Meanwhile, billions of tax dollars that were allocated by Congress to the Pentagon for military projects are being diverted by Trump to pay for his wall. Abuse of power?
Old 01-30-2020, 09:21 AM   #178
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default No hable Senior...

Quote:
I would only accept that as an answer if she never posted on these boards. Anywhere on these boards, Grammar Nazi.

That's Senior Alt-Write to you Mr/Ms Open, Tolerant, Inclusive, Enlightened one
Old 01-30-2020, 09:37 AM   #179
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Look boss. de fence, de fence....

I ponder: Why did the US Constitution allow for a standing army, especially considering the framers were largely against it. Was it some ridiculous and trivial, barely worth even mentioning really, thing like for "the common defence? Why yes I do think it was. Seems appropriate to build a fence for the common defence. Being Commander in Chief, GEPOTUS would have say over how the military prioritizes protecting the country. Actually, would it not be dereliction of duty if he did not build de fence to provide for the common defence??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Meanwhile, billions of tax dollars that were allocated by Congress to the Pentagon for military projects are being diverted by Trump to pay for his wall. Abuse of power?
Old 01-30-2020, 09:49 AM   #180
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
I ponder: Why did the US Constitution allow for a standing army, especially considering the framers were largely against it. Was it some ridiculous and trivial, barely worth even mentioning really, thing like for "the common defence? Why yes I do think it was. Seems appropriate to build a fence for the common defence. Being Commander in Chief, GEPOTUS would have say over how the military prioritizes protecting the country. Actually, would it not be dereliction of duty if he did not build de fence to provide for the common defence??
IF Trump want to build his wall, a wall that the majority of people in this country do not want, he should get his money the old fashioned way -- through Congress appropriations. Not by "stealing" it from Congress approved projects. This act of declaring a "National Emergency" and then redistributing money opens a Pandora's Box for future presidents.

"Americans Used to Support a Border Wall. What Changed Their Minds?"

https://www.cato.org/publications/co...ed-their-minds
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women