Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 02-20-2020, 06:15 PM   #166
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

https://www.greenmatters.com/p/how-p...-ocean-turtles

Plastic straws are one of the top 10 items found every year during Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup. Plastic is not biodegradable — instead, the material eventually breaks down into tiny particles known as microplastics that are 5 millimeters or smaller in length, making them difficult to clean or filter from the ocean. Plastic is polluting oceans all over the planet, interfering with underwater ecosystems, killing sea animals, and more.

Similarly, when sea animals see floating plastic straws (or other plastic items) in their underwater habitat, they often think they are food, and eat them. Besides the choking hazard, this sends animals a false sense of having a full stomach, leading them to die of starvation.

Additionally, there have been many recent cases of whales and dolphins washing up dead or dying on beaches with stomachs full of plastic — and that plastic is often cited as the animal’s cause of death.

The more you know.
Dev Null is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:26 PM   #167
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Dis is how you do it...

Now that right there is an actual market based solution. But be mindful of where your trash and recyclables end up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
I have to say that if i'm to be compared to a liberal in one sense, I don't like to waste things. And straws are one thing. I don't accept them on take out items, in restaurants with meals and I avoid them on take out coffee for stirring.
I find myself trying to eliminate using anything that is used once and thrown out (disposable cups, lids to cups, plasticware, styrofoam takeout plates, etc.)
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:28 PM   #168
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Now that right there is an actual market based solution. But be mindful of where your trash and recyclables end up.
Already know where my trash goes. Got that reduced so much that it'd take a couple of months to fill up my trash can. It's the plastics that I try to really cut down on. Paper, plant matter waste and glass are the easy ones to deal with.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:57 PM   #169
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Do you really know for fact certai?

Quote:
Already know where my trash goes...
Well, you don't live in Austin then. They aren't sure where it's going to go soon. But they are working on it... Different team than is working on the homeless problem I hope.

What I mean by where it goes speaks more to the recycling industry in general. China used to buy the bulk of our recycles for years, but had significantly lowed the price they would pay and have pretty much stopped buying it altogether. I'm a thinking they had figured buying recyclables was cheaper than producing new and we know they have zero compunction about discarding the rest anywhere at any time. Plus there have been copious reports of recycle companies just routing their trucks to landfills in the US.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:32 PM   #170
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Biggest recycling product we shipped to the Eastern Rim of the pacific was plastics. Hence why I actively try to reduce the use of such. Sidenote: I can't believe I never used the cardboard boxes that are left over from stocking shelve to replace the plastic bags at checkout. Better still, do as in europe and bring your own shopping bags.

I pretty much mulch alot of stuff I trim. Glass stock is easy. Hell, you can throw that out no problem seeing it is the most abundant stuff in the earths crust. I have always recycled oil since I had my first car. (Radiator coolant is a little tough but go find a quicky lube that does such and dump it in their recycle bin.) It took family members I have that traveled extensively to really open my eyes on the problems with our consumer society.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #171
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default It's a journey, fer sure...

Quote:
... Sidenote: I can't believe I never used the cardboard boxes that are left over from stocking shelve to replace the plastic bags at checkout. Better still, do as in europe and bring your own shopping bags....
A little hard to do as grocery stores have to ditch the boxes that the night stockers disgorge. Otherwise they would be littered all over the joint. Bringing your own containers is fine. But do you have to be forced to do it? Why not do it because it's just a good idea?

Quote:
...I pretty much mulch alot of stuff I trim...
Composting in these here parts is a great idea. We need all the arable soil we can get... Want to really, really open your eyes on these problems, take a few trips to your local landfill on a hot sunny day.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:41 AM   #172
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Quote:
Bringing your own containers is fine. But do you have to be forced to do it?
Speaking as someone who lives outside of Austin but occasionally shops for groceries in town, no one ever forced me to do anything.

I was given a choice. I could hand-carry my items or cart them out and individually transfer them to my car, or I could purchase a reusable bag for a reasonable price.

The law may have required the stores not to provide single-use plastic bags, but it was the prerogative of elected officials of a municipality to do so until the Texas Supreme Court ruled otherwise on a similar ban in Laredo.

If you didn't like it, you had the option to try and drum up support to vote the city council members out. Or you could whine about it incessantly on hooker boards if that struck you as a more effective means of persuasion.

It was probably easier at the time to just re-use your reusable bags, but that does require planning. And I can see how that might be a problem for someone with limited thinking capacity.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:59 PM   #173
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default I choose option #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Null View Post
...you had the option to try and drum up support to vote the city council members out...
Well dang nabbit, I went with option 3, don't shop in Austin. Oh well...
Old 02-27-2020, 02:04 PM   #174
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm sure that the city council is crushed by the loss of tax revenue on your weekly purchases of corn whiskey and chewin' tabbacky.

I know, I know, ever now'n then you maught git a mess o' hamhocks 'n poke sallet.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:00 PM   #175
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Down here in S.A. they give you all the plastic bags you want. Thank goodness. It's so retarded what Austin has done but than it's a libtard city.

Quote:
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:17 PM   #176
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Down here in S.A. they give you all the plastic bags you want. Thank goodness. It's so retarded what Austin has done but than it's a libtard city.
Atually the plastic bag ban ended in 2018.
SpeedRacerXXX is online now   Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:22 PM   #177
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Quote:
In that case, I guess a lot of cities in Texas are retarded:

Brownsville
Eagle Pass
Port Aransas
Laredo
Kermit
Sunset Valley
Freer
Austin
Laguna Vista
South Padre Island
Fort Stockton

And that's just in Texas. Across the country, over 400 cities have banned plastic bags.

Guess there's a lot of retardation going around. Maybe it's because of the higher concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. It sure has made the right-wing nut-cases go ape-shit over something so trivial.

Also the plastics industry, which has been suing and lobbying like crazy.

Follow the money. That's what it's all about. Cities in Texas are now required to follow rulings of the Texas Supreme Court (state elected officials who depend on campaign donations to stay in office) instead of deciding on a local basis what is best for their community.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:57 PM   #178
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Really? Does HEB know that? Have you been to HEB lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Atually the plastic bag ban ended in 2018.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:58 PM   #179
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Austin is the major retarded city. It has the majority of libtards like you - living there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Null View Post
In that case, I guess a lot of cities in Texas are retarded:

Brownsville
Eagle Pass
Port Aransas
Laredo
Kermit
Sunset Valley
Freer
Austin
Laguna Vista
South Padre Island
Fort Stockton

And that's just in Texas. Across the country, over 400 cities have banned plastic bags.

Guess there's a lot of retardation going around. Maybe it's because of the higher concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. It sure has made the right-wing nut-cases go ape-shit over something so trivial.

Also the plastics industry, which has been suing and lobbying like crazy.

Follow the money. That's what it's all about. Cities in Texas are now required to follow rulings of the Texas Supreme Court (state elected officials who depend on campaign donations to stay in office) instead of deciding on a local basis what is best for their community.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:59 PM   #180
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Quote:
Austin is the major retarded city. It has the majority of libtards like you - living there.
You'd prefer maybe Berlin, Leni?

If memory serves, they didn't have any retards once upon a time. They had a final solution for that.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women