Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70497
biomed161137
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453053
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47801
pyramider46370
bambino40460
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-14-2022, 12:45 PM   #166
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

If you want to question my football credentials, how many years did you play football?

Me, six years, 3 time WPIAL champions of our division, the year after, our team made it to Pitt Stadium for the Playoffs.

For the record, I never liked the coach, he did his best to bust mine and everyone elses balls, but, he ran our football camps like a Marine boot camp, we did three a day practices when NOBODY did that, they withheld water, beat us with paddles, double teamed individual players until they hurt, bad, as part of the training.

However, when I look back now, he did what he had to do to turn boys into men, and I thank them all now for making me a better man as a result.

I KNOW what makes a coach good, and, I know what doesn't, you don't have to analyze football down to the minute details to understand the basic fact, that if you want to win, and play harder and better than the other man across from you, you will accomplish what you want.

Granted, Tomlin has done a shit job with talent aquisition, development, and discipline, but that doesn't completely lay the blame on the lack of good talent, the team is not motivated to win, they don't have the attitude to win, and, that is an untangible that a good coach provides, I have seen a small tough guy take on a monster, and beat him, all because they were just a tough fucker, and wanted it more.

This team has none of it.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 01:40 PM   #167
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

My football experience is extensive. It includes playing organized football for years, attending games at Three Rivers, and attending almost every Steelers game played at Heinz field. That doesn't mean that you or even I know more than the national level professional football pundits, or the voters who will put Mike Tomlin in the HOF when the time comes.

You claim to know a lot about football, but in the same post, you say that paddling and water deprivation is good coaching. LOL Even Don Shula admitted that he was wrong to deprive his players of water in camp. People die from that. Literally. I had a coach who after a bad game, made us take turns lining up ten yards apart, no ball involved at all, no blocking, just two kids running as fast as they can towards each other until they collided. No juking allowed. Collide as hard as you possibly can. After that they administered smelling salts to us to wake us up from the concussion induced haze. How'd that antiquated style of coaching work out for Urban Meyer in Jacksonville? That goof ball thought it was a good idea to kick the kicker. Literally kicked him. Fucking weirdo Meyer.

You claim to know a lot about football but your irrational hate for Tomlin caused you to tell this lie:

"Mike Tomlin, too dumb to even lose and get a high draft pick.

IF you suck, just suck, at least it could benefit the next coach, that's how Cowher thought."
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 01:54 PM   #168
Smarty1
Premium Access

Encounters: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
I have high hopes for Pickett and think he’s played pretty good. The Steelers needed a QB for the future and there were 2 candidates. Could him bring a Pitt guy have played a part in the decision? Sure, why not. If it’s going to bump attendance and whatnot, it’s not really a bad thing. The more money the team has, the better players they can afford. It’s not like KP was some underachiever that they took ~only~ because he was a local. He can play the game pretty well imo, and it’s just his first year.
Pickett has been all right, but just all right. There is nothing I have seen that makes me think he is going to be a franchise QB at the level of guys like Mahomes, Allen, etc. Most scouts agree with that assessment, and the comparable name I always hear for KP is Kirk Cousins. If that is his level (and for the record I hope it is not), then it would be ok; he would be a competent NFL QB. What he would not be is the reason the team wins, and it will be difficult to aspire to much more than making the playoffs and bowing out early.

We have seen what happens when you have even very good talent around a QB who is only competent. You know the names - O’Donnell, Stewart, Maddox, etc. The Steelers had some really good teams with those guys at QB. They didn’t win any Super Bowls, though, did they?

Whoch leads me to this point: maybe the whole coaching thing in the NFL is overrated. Cowher didn’t really win anything until near the end of his tenure here. Tomlinson only won during the early part of his tenure here. Even one of the all-time great coaches, Belechik, seems to have stopped winning Super Bowls and actually looks pretty mediocre. Gee, what could account for those observations? Could it possibly be that having a QB playing at an elite level is more important than having a great coach? Could it be that “great” coaches tend to be the ones who are blessed with elite QBs?

Personally (I hope I’m wrong) I don’t think Pickett is the next elite QB for the Steelers. I think they kind of botched the whole thing. They should never have signed a FA QB AND drafted a QB. One or the other would have been better. I would have passed on Pickett and drafted some much-needed help at OT, CB, or DL instead. There is a reason Pickett was the first QB taken and was available at 20– he is just not seen as an elite talent. Now that he is here I hope that assessment is wrong.
Smarty1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 02:05 PM   #169
Smarty1
Premium Access

I really don’t understand why everything has to be so polarized. Why is it that Tomlin must either be one of the all time great coaches or he must suck out loud? I think the body of work shows that neither one of these is a true assessment. Tomlin certainly does not suck. That is a given. I certainly do not think he is elite, however. He has a losing record in the playoffs. His clock management is god-awful most of the time. He seems to shy away from hiring elite level assistant coaches who might challenge him and instead tends toward employing lesser ones who will go along with him. He is not terrible and might even make the HOF, but that is more (IMO) because the HOF is becoming watered down and is more a Hall of Very Good. Tomlin is a good coach, but at least IMO he is not an elite, all time great one. I would not put him in the same tier as Halas, Lombardy, Landry, Noll, Shula, Walsh, or Belichik. Actually I kind of feel the same about Cowher; I would put both of them into similarly tiers; very good, but not all time greats.
Old 12-14-2022, 03:10 PM   #170
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty1 View Post
I really don’t understand why everything has to be so polarized. Why is it that Tomlin must either be one of the all time great coaches or he must suck out loud? I think the body of work shows that neither one of these is a true assessment. Tomlin certainly does not suck. That is a given. I certainly do not think he is elite, however. He has a losing record in the playoffs. His clock management is god-awful most of the time. He seems to shy away from hiring elite level assistant coaches who might challenge him and instead tends toward employing lesser ones who will go along with him. He is not terrible and might even make the HOF, but that is more (IMO) because the HOF is becoming watered down and is more a Hall of Very Good. Tomlin is a good coach, but at least IMO he is not an elite, all time great one. I would not put him in the same tier as Halas, Lombardy, Landry, Noll, Shula, Walsh, or Belichik. Actually I kind of feel the same about Cowher; I would put both of them into similarly tiers; very good, but not all time greats.
Bingo!!!

Tomlin had success because he had a HOF QB. Just not enough in the second half of that HOF QB’s career. And now we’ll find out how hard they are to come by. He sucks at clock management and his “expertise” is defense with the highest paid defense in the league that consistently underperforms. Ben made a lot of money for a lot of skill position players….and Tomlin.

I hope I’m wrong about Pickett, but I see nothing in him that I saw in Ben from the beginning.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 06:06 PM   #171
jmichael
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Charley, your old enough to remember a guy named Bradshaw. what dd you think of him in the beginning
jmichael is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 07:17 PM   #172
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael View Post
Charley, your old enough to remember a guy named Bradshaw. what dd you think of him in the beginning
He had off the board athletic ability. His arm strength was way better than Ben’s. His running ability was way better than Kenny. His initial problem is he was careless with the ball early on so it took a couple years for those talents to come thru. Plus he came from Louisiana Tech. Not much competition.

I know what you’re gonna say, we need to give Kenny time, which we probably have no choice but to do, and hope he shows he can be an excellent QB. I really hope I’m wrong.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:59 AM   #173
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Bradshaw averaged 5.1 yards per carry for his career. KP is currently averaging 5.1 yards per carry. According to all time great offensive guru Bill Walsh, accuracy was the number one characteristic that he looked for, and KP has that. You can be successful in the NFL without having an arm like Pat Mahomes. Joe Montana, for example, never had the strongest arm. He was great due to the combination of accuracy, vision, decision making, toughness, and leadership. KP appears to have those attributes. Look at how quickly he cleaned up the INT rate, which is largely due to vision and decision making, though he also got screwed a few times early on by balls bouncing off of his guys hands into those of a defender.

Most good QB have needed some time to make the adjustment from college to pro football, and KP has shown continued progress. They will continue to give him time as long as he keeps making progress. As long as he doesn't regress in the last few games, they won't be drafting a QB high in the spring.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:40 PM   #174
jmichael
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Whether Pickett turns out to be good or not time will tell. He was the top-rated quarter back in the past draft, and it was a surprise, no other team picked a quarterback before the Steelers.
jmichael is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 05:11 PM   #175
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Another thing about Bradshaw, he apparently couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and the t.
Old 12-15-2022, 07:13 PM   #176
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
Another thing about Bradshaw, he apparently couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and the t.

according to Hollywood Henderson who wasn't exactly smart himself by squandering his own fortune on {forbidden topic} and hookers then got lucky as fuck and won 28 million in the lotto.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...haw-net-worth/

$45 Million

Thomas Henderson net worth is
$20 Million

https://networthpost.org/net-worth/t...son-net-worth/

remember that Hollywood Henderson would be broke without a one in 20 million lotto win.

terry might not be able to spell "cat" but he can spell "money".
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 10:59 PM   #177
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael View Post
Whether Pickett turns out to be good or not time will tell. He was the top-rated quarter back in the past draft, and it was a surprise, no other team picked a quarterback before the Steelers.
Yep. I think of Joe Montana. Joe had average arm strength and runner. But a gamer! Can Kenny be a gamer! Bring us back late in the 4th qtr. Do those type of things. Hwe’ll see.
Old 12-16-2022, 12:45 PM   #178
Smarty1
Premium Access

It was no surprise. This was a very weak draft class for QBs. Pickett certainly was the highest rated QB coming out, but there were some mock drafts and experts who thought he might fall into round 2. There was no obvious elite level top 5 or even top 10 type QB available.

That is why (plus the free agent signing of Trubisky) I thought the Steelers would and probably should have passed on Pickett in round 1. He just was not graded out as an elite QB prospect. They brought in a veteran for 2022; they could have waited until the 2023 draft (which shapes up as a better one for QBs) to go after CC the next young QB. Plus they knew (or at least should have known) that they were not going to be as good this year and hence will draft earlier in a better QB draft.

Everybody got excited about Pickett but he had one great year in college (an extra year guys don’t normally get) and was not considered an elite talent. Had they picked a QB with the exact same college career and talent evaluation by the scouts, but he played at Colorado or Boise St, I highly doubt everyone defending Pickett now would be doing so, especially given his bad to mediocre play as a pro so far. He may improve, but I still think they made a mistake picking Pickett. I hope I am proven wrong.
Old 12-16-2022, 12:51 PM   #179
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

There was no guarantee that Pickett would have still been around when they picked in the second round. I'm guessing someone would have grabbed him. I'm glad they picked him.
Old 12-16-2022, 01:02 PM   #180
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
according to Hollywood Henderson who wasn't exactly smart himself by squandering his own fortune on {forbidden topic} and hookers then got lucky as fuck and won 28 million in the lotto.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...haw-net-worth/

$45 Million

Thomas Henderson net worth is
$20 Million

https://networthpost.org/net-worth/t...son-net-worth/

remember that Hollywood Henderson would be broke without a one in 20 million lotto win.

terry might not be able to spell "cat" but he can spell "money".
Good for Hollywood Henderson. How much of a fortune did he squander? They didn't make too much back then. Furthermore, plenty of intelligent people have squandered fortunes. The cat joke was pretty funny. It was even funnier when the unintelligent Terry dismissed Mike Tomlin as nothing more than a cheerleader, and Coach T's response when asked about it was "you know I was kind of a Hollywood Henderson fan." Chuck Noll didn't think too highly of Bradshaw's intelligence either.

BTW, Henderson took a lump sum payment, and netted $9 million after taxes, so if he's worth $20 million, he's done pretty well with that money in the past 22 years. He's also been completely sober since 1983 and gives talks about it. Likely not nearly as dumb as you make him out to be....

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women