Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59982
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47591
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 05-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #166
Artist Formally Known As
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlad View Post
You don't have any kind of constitutional right to "feel safe". In fact the framers made much ado about how trying to give people safety makes it impossible to give people freedom and they chose freedom, leaving safety as your problem.

The last thing I need is some random strangers asserting that my gun rights (actual constitutional rights) are dependent on how nervous it makes them that I have a gun.
In fact when our country was in its youth there were no police or state police. We also did not have any taxes either.

Over time we now have police that mostly are just to generate revenues for the city ie. tickets and fines.

50% do not pay taxes and the other 50% pay for those to have an easier ride in life.

Oh ya and if you defend yourself and it is against a minority it was racially motivated.

Just an FYI minorities are having babies at a much higher rate than Anglos.
Artist Formally Known As is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #167
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlad View Post
You don't have any kind of constitutional right to "feel safe". In fact the framers made much ado about how trying to give people safety makes it impossible to give people freedom and they chose freedom, leaving safety as your problem.

The last thing we need is to pay even more attention to people asserting that gun rights (actual constitutional rights) should be dependent on how nervous it makes them that other people have guns.
Sorry to disagree with you. Assuming you own a gun, you feel safe by doing so. It hardly makes me nervous but I want to know that I have some protection against people who think they have the right to carry any weapon at any time in any place.

I am thankful that lawmakers have seen fit to:

o Allow me, as a homeowner, to ban guns from my home

o Make it legal for establishments, such as the building in which I used to work, to ban guns from their premisis.

o Require a CHL for those wishing to carry a concealed handgun.

o Outlaw ownership, without a special permit, of fully automatic weapons such as an M-16.

o Ban guns from establishements that get more than 50% of their revenue for alcohol sales.

o Ban concealed weapons on college campuses

o Ban guns from commercial airline flights

o Ban gun ownership by convicted felons or those that are deemed mentally incapable of gun ownership

I'm sure I could come up with several other laws that I think are correctly on the books. I certainly don't consider myself a hard-core gun control person, but I do agree with each of these laws. So I would hardly agree with you that safety is solely my problem. The government, state and federal, does step in at times and makes, what I believe, are sensible laws to protect people like me.

None of these laws would affect the Zimmerman case in any way.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #168
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47476961.../#.T7a78L-6ru0
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #169
irishlad
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Sorry to disagree with you. Assuming you own a gun, you feel safe by doing so. It hardly makes me nervous but I want to know that I have some protection against people who think they have the right to carry any weapon at any time in any place.

I am thankful that lawmakers have seen fit to:

o Allow me, as a homeowner, to ban guns from my home

o Make it legal for establishments, such as the building in which I used to work, to ban guns from their premisis.

o Require a CHL for those wishing to carry a concealed handgun.

o Outlaw ownership, without a special permit, of fully automatic weapons such as an M-16.

o Ban guns from establishements that get more than 50% of their revenue for alcohol sales.

o Ban concealed weapons on college campuses

o Ban guns from commercial airline flights

o Ban gun ownership by convicted felons or those that are deemed mentally incapable of gun ownership

I'm sure I could come up with several other laws that I think are correctly on the books. I certainly don't consider myself a hard-core gun control person, but I do agree with each of these laws. So I would hardly agree with you that safety is solely my problem. The government, state and federal, does step in at times and makes, what I believe, are sensible laws to protect people like me.

None of these laws would affect the Zimmerman case in any way.
Laws are not Rights. Many of those laws are sensible, but they are the result of a government empowered to act for the welfare of it's citizens, not mandated by your right to feel safe.

More on topic, it will be interesting to see how this pans out. I still maintain there does not seem to be enough evidence to determine that Zimmerman did anything especially egregious and that Martin wasn't the aggressor who made a terrible error in judgement. I see people rushing to judgement based more on their personal biases and the indefensible assumptions about and characterizations of the players that result from them.

That said, if more evidence surfaces and it turns out that Zimmerman really did gun this guy down when he was fleeing in retribution for busting him up a little or in some other way without good reason to feel seriously threatened, then I will not feel a moment's remorse for Zimmerman's sentence. Carrying a gun comes with a number of responsibilities.
irishlad is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #170
Mike Vronsky
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

I was pointing out that he is a drug addict and wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a drug dealer. We already know that he was found with women's jewelry and other illegal items.
Mike Vronsky is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #171
Mike Vronsky
Valued Poster

I was pointing out that he's a drug user and wouldn't be surprised if he was a dope dealer.

Trayvon Martin, who had previously been caught with drug residue, drug paraphernalia, burglary tools and women’s jewelry was at the time of his death was being investigated by Miami-Dade detectives for burglary.

One black neighbor of the George Zimmerman said the neighborhood’s recent history should be taken into account.
“Let’s talk about the elephant in the room. I’m black, OK?” the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. “There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood,” she said. “That’s why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin.”
http://the-american-journal.com/zimm...r-black-youth/

Can you say NOT GUILTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Sorry Dante. Your assumption that THC is vital to the case is wrong.

As reported by the AP and printed in today's Statesman:

"The amount (of THC) described in the autopsy report is such a low level that it would have played no role in Martin's behavior, said Larry Kobilinsky, a forensic science professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York." Sobilinsky states "This kind of level can be seen days after somebody smokes."

Keep trying. Eventually you'll make a point that is either true or relevant to the case as it goes to trial.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #172
Mike Vronsky
Valued Poster

DITTO!

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pecker View Post
Oh yeah. I'm heading off to Florida to get a concealed carry permit since theirs are even better than Texas. When f shart and his homiez initiate a riot, you can bet I will stand my ground.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #173
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

"I just would hate to see that be the case here, because I know that about him. I don't know what happened. I don't know it all, who this kid was or anything else, but I know George," the witness said. "And I know that he does not like black people and he would start something. He's a very confrontational person. It's in his blood. Let's just say that -- and I don't want this poor kid and their family to just be overlooked." ~ Court Records, Witness 9

I did some research. As far as I am concerned, there is NO FREAKING WAY IN HELL Zimmerman is even remotely telling the truth.

Here's the link to the complete transcript of the 911 call. I've posted a few key items here for your review.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...zimmerman.html

So, first..a couple of notes. Zimmerman states to the dispatcher Martin was "running away" once he realized Zimmerman was watching/following him.
"Zimmerman: No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left...uh you go straight in, don't turn, and make a left. Shit he's running."

"Dispatcher: He's running? Which way is he running?"
Anyone care to explain why someone who, according to his girlfriend on the phone with him, was scared and running away from Zimmerman, magically decided to come back and assault the person he was scared and running from? My guess, he was running home, and the map kinda proves it.

Here's a Google map outlining some key locations, including the 7-11, Martin's "possible" path (really, the only path that makes any sense), Zimmerman's disclosed location, the location where he was shot, and Martin's home.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...04142,0.006657

Now, which genius among you would care to explain why Zimmerman was between those two buildings if he was walking back to his car as he claims he was? Second, if Zimmerman was "walking back to his car" as he has attempted to explain, where the fuck was he walking back to his car from? For that to even remotely resemble the truth, it would mean Zimmerman was well past Martin and the location of where he shot him. Lastly, look at the location of the shooting. It is directly between two rows of townhouses, less than 50 feet apart from each other. You know what's in the back of those townhouses? Windows! You know what's in those townhouses? People! Anyone with even half a brain cell would know better than to perpetrate an all out physical assault on someone at 7PM in the evening in front of anyone who cared to view it, ie: WITNESSES! Much less, make an attempt to kill them as Zimmerman is claiming.

The only logical and rational explanation here is that Zimmerman is a flat-out piece of shit liar and chased that kid between those two buildings. He either tried to detain Martin for the police, or threatened him in some way. Remember, Martin was already running away from Zimmerman, this is per Zimmerman's own words to the dispatcher. Any beating he got was a direct result of stalking, confronting, and or threatening this kid.

Lastly, one final note.
Dispatcher: How old would you say he looks?

Zimmerman: He's got button on his shirt, late teens. Dispatcher: Late teens ok.
Per his own words, Zimmerman knew it was a teenage kid he was chasing, not some adult "gangbanger thug", or whatever else you racist folks among us want to call him. Just a black kid, walking home from the freakin liquor store.

Any questions?
F-Sharp is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #174
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Wow.. since you have all the facts, and know everyone's motives, why don't you just trot on down there and fill everybody in on your facts. I'm sure they'll give you a parade and celebration for being the brainiac that solved this case for them. I'll just wait for the judge to give HIS opinion.. it may count for more than this whole thread.
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #175
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuglet View Post
Wow.. since you have all the facts, and know everyone's motives, why don't you just trot on down there and fill everybody in on your facts. I'm sure they'll give you a parade and celebration for being the brainiac that solved this case for them. I'll just wait for the judge to give HIS opinion.. it may count for more than this whole thread.
Or you could always try using the common sense mother nature gave a turnip...Just saying, it is always an option.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #176
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist Formally Known As View Post
Anyone can edit wikipedia..... I mean Anyone....
Pointing out the good editors of Wikipedia have a much better grasp of the English language than Irishlad or yourself does not really work in your favor.

Here's Websters:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stalking

How about dictionary.com?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stalking?s=t

Freedictionary.com?
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stalking

Perhaps you two clowns will take notice that in all three cases there is not one single mention of "pattern of behavior" or "not a single incident", or whatever other definitions of the word you two have conveniently made up in your feeble little minds.

Now try harder. You kids make ridiculing you FAR too easy.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #177
Mike Vronsky
Valued Poster

F-Sharp makes this too easy. He is definitely drinking the kool aid or and Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, Jessie Jackson, and Jeremiah Wright brainwashed follower. You need common sense. Martin, a drug user and probable drug dealer started the problem.
Part of a letter signed by "A concerned Zimmerman family member" said this in regard to how Zimmerman tried to help after Collison was not arrested after Ware's beating:

Sherman Ware, who is a homeless man and who is black, was beaten in 2010 in an attack that was caught on video. Investigators said the man throwing the punch was Justin Collison, the son of a Sanford police officer.
Zimmerman's family members said that what happened after the beating proved that Zimmerman, 28, is not the racist some are making him out to be after the February shooting death of Trayvon Martin, 17.
"Do you know who waited for the churchgoers to get out of church so that he could hand them fliers in an attempt to organize the black community against this horrible miscarriage of justice? That person was George Zimmerman."
http://www.local10.com/news/Family-i...z/-/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Sharp View Post
"I just would hate to see that be the case here, because I know that about him. I don't know what happened. I don't know it all, who this kid was or anything else, but I know George," the witness said. "And I know that he does not like black people and he would start something. He's a very confrontational person. It's in his blood. Let's just say that -- and I don't want this poor kid and their family to just be overlooked." ~ Court Records, Witness 9

I did some research. As far as I am concerned, there is NO FREAKING WAY IN HELL Zimmerman is even remotely telling the truth.

Blah Blah Blah

Any questions?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #178
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante0322 View Post
Martin, a drug user and probable drug dealer started the problem.
Ah, so really what you are saying is that anyone who smokes pot, or has ever smoked pot, or who has ever sold pot must be bad and deserves to be shot? Or are you referring to drugs in general? In which case I assume you are aware that Zimmerman was taking prescription amphetamine.

All I can say is our pot-smoking friends in Amsterdam are sure going to be pissed when I tell them you think they are all bad people and deserve to die.

Lastly, I would encourage you once again to do a little independent research on what racism actually is. Since you, as some others here seem to be opposed to the concept of reading, I will leave you to your own devices to figure it out. Here's a hint though: prejudice and hatred are not always mutually exclusive.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #179
Mike Vronsky
Valued Poster

Man your as dumb as they come.

Martin - smoked pot - that is an illegal drugs
Zimmerman - prescription amphetamine - taking LEGAL drug

Big difference.

Also, where did I say that anyone who smokes pot deserves to be shot? I DIDN'T!

Here is what I did say: Trayvon Martin, who had previously been caught with drug residue, drug paraphernalia, burglary tools and women’s jewelry was at the time of his death was being investigated by Miami-Dade detectives for burglary.

Martin was bad news and going down the wrong path. If he didn't die when he did, he most likely would have died sooner than later.

You on the other hand are the one who needs to do research and take off your RACIST glasses. Maybe you need to go back to school because you comprehension score is below par as you can not read and decipher facts. Its apparent that if anything happens to a dope smoking drug dealer you will side with them instead of the facts and claim RACISM when its not! If Martin would have kept his hands to himself he would still be alive to rob someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Sharp View Post
Ah, so really what you are saying is that anyone who smokes pot, or has ever smoked pot, or who has ever sold pot must be bad and deserves to be shot? Or are you referring to drugs in general? In which case I assume you are aware that Zimmerman was taking prescription amphetamine.

All I can say is our pot-smoking friends in Amsterdam are sure going to be pissed when I tell them you think they are all bad people and deserve to die.

Lastly, I would encourage you once again to do a little independent research on what racism actually is. Since you, as some others here seem to be opposed to the concept of reading, I will leave you to your own devices to figure it out. Here's a hint though: prejudice and hatred are not always mutually exclusive.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #180
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

"I do honestly feel that he intended for this kid to die," witness 5 told investigators. "If you're in self defense, shoot him in the leg. He's a 17-year-old, scrawny little kid. You get into a physical fight with him. ... I think the kid was running for help." ~ Court Records, Witness 5

Quote:
Martin - smoked pot - that is an illegal drugs

Zimmerman - prescription amphetamine - taking LEGAL drug

Big difference.
Oh, yeah. BIG difference! Pot baaaad, amphetamine goooood.

Quote:
Also, where did I say that anyone who smokes pot deserves to be shot? I DIDN'T!

Here is what I did say: Trayvon Martin, who had previously been caught with drug residue, drug paraphernalia, burglary tools and women’s jewelry was at the time of his death was being investigated by Miami-Dade detectives for burglary.

Martin was bad news and going down the wrong path. If he didn't die when he did, he most likely would have died sooner than later.
So what you're really saying is that anyone who's ever stolen anything as a teenager, used drugs, or been in the possession of drug paraphernalia, or been caught with a screwdriver in their possession means that they deserve to be shot and killed? You'd have to include me in that list. You must also think I should be shot and killed too. You know what else is illegal in most states? Paying for sex. Should people that pay for sex in states where it is illegal all be shot and killed too, or do you personally pick and choose who lives or dies based on what *you* personally feel is right or wrong? Pot's legal in California now, do they all deserve to be shot and killed too?

Pot baaaaad, paying for sex goooood.

Quote:
Its apparent that if anything happens to a dope smoking drug dealer you will side with them instead of the facts and claim RACISM when its not! If Martin would have kept his hands to himself he would still be alive to rob someone else.
So you're saying Zimmerman knew he was "dope smoking drug dealer" the moment he laid eyes on him, and he was able to determine this in dark even while it was raining from a few blocks away. And how did he know this? Black kid in a hoodie of course!

Do you even listen to yourself? At very least, read what you typed back to yourself. Do you not have the slightest clue just how racist that statement is? You are un-freakin-believable, friend.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women