Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70492
biomed161114
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40458
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #181
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post

The percentage of uninsured Americans have dropped primarily because of the increase in Medicaid which others pay for. Last year, after the drops of privately insured was taken into account at the beginning of the year, and the drops of those who didn't keep up with their premium, there was very little, if any, gain in privately insured.
You lie just like Lexus Lover. Twenty million people purchased health insurance on the exchanges. Subtract out 5 million people who already had a policy and that leaves 15 million people who purchased insurance and were uninsured in 2013. The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is not a government agency. Why don't you provide a link that supports your bullshit. There was a large net gain of privately insured, dumbass.

http://acasignups.net/

Provide a link that backs up your bullshit or STFU.
flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #182
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-CEO View Post

If you'd really like to make an effort to understand the issue, you might try reading this for starters:

http://www.slate.com/articles/busine..._s_failed.html
The information in your link is the same information that is in post #1. From your link.

Last week Oregon’s insurance commissioner, Laura Cali, announced that the state had approved a 25 percent premium increase for the largest health insurer on the state’s exchanges. The second largest insurer did even better: It received permission to boost its monthly charge to consumers by 33 percent.
Oregon might be the first health insurance exchange equivalent of a penguin getting shoved off an ice floe, but it won’t be alone in the freezing-cold waters for long. For example, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee requested an average 36 percent price increase for the plans it offers—after receiving a 19 percent bump last year. And that sounds like a relative bargain compared with Minnesota and New Mexico, where the BlueCross BlueShield family is looking for increases of more than 50 percent. Even if the final numbers are lower than the asks, it seems quite likely these states will approve substantive premium increases.

Did you read post #1. Did you understand what you read? What both links are saying is that THERE ARE UNBALENCED RISK POOLS IN SOME OF THE STATES ON THE GOVERNMENT EXCHANGES.

When there is a risk pool imbalance the health insurance provider will lose money because premium collected is less than claims paid out. What happened with BCBS in the state of Tenn. is a perfect example of this. BCBS of Tenn lost 140 million dollars on just a small number of policy holders "WHO WERE ALRADY SICK".

The health insurance companies are asking for the rate hikes because they see an unbalanced risk pool in a particular state.

The these rate hikes will level off by 2017 because the CBO has projected that the number of people buying health insurance on the exchanges will be 25 million and we are at 20 million now. The percentage of insured is up to 92% for all citizens under age 65. There are not that many uninsured people left who can go into the exchanges. Once you hit age 65 you go to Medicare which is a single payer system.

The individual mandate was put in place with the hope that on the government exchanges there would be balanced risk pools in every state. So far that has not happened thus health insurance companies are asking for these large premium increases.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #183
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
You're on a "career path" that will lead to a six-figure income someday? Ooooooh, how impressive! Wow!

Crawl back into your cave, you uneducated, stupid jackass. You go around calling everyone who disagrees with you an idiot or a moron, and you're the LAST person who has any standing to do that. You're nothing more than a confused, rabid apologist for Obamacare, no matter how much of a clusterfuck it is. Most of the horseshit you post is beyond laughable.

BTW, Scott Walker, who is also running for president, dropped put before finishing his degree. So did Bill Gates, for that matter. But unless you're something like 24 years old, if you're making $85K a year, you need to have a little huddle with yourself and come up with a better life plan than spending your time pimping for Obamacare and insulting people's intelligence on a hooker board.
Quote:
Really?

Pay attention, asshole. Comprehension ain't exactly one of your long suits, is it?

When did I call people idiots and morons just because they disagree with me, like that Flghter character goes around doing all the time? Go ahead, point to a specific instance. Can't do it, can you? Didn't think so.

On the other hand, Flightr can hardly go two posts without calling everyone who dares to disagree with him an idiot or a moron, and while convincingly demonstrating that he doesn't have a fucking clue about the topic of health care policy. He's one of the biggest assholes in this forum and deserves to be called out for his obnoxious behavior. The fact that you posted childish insults of your own in the service of acting as his apologist speaks volumes about you. Normal people are capable of discussing issues without that sort of juvenile shit.

BTW, 4,100 posts in three months? Jesus Christ. You've got to be on a fast track for some sort of site record.

Nothing like failing to have a fucking life, eh?
Pay attention, shitass. You aren't capable of discussion, it seems, without resorting to this behavior, so it's what you'll be dealt in return. You speak of childish insults while hurling insults of your own just posts earlier. Go fuck yourself. Disagreeing with someone is not obnoxious behavior. Or are you Stalin now and outlawing all opposing thought?

BTW, as for my life, in the immortal words of Kanye, by way of 50 cent:

If they hate, let 'em hate and watch the money pile up.

My life is better than yours has any hope of being. Ever. I made my nut and I'm out. By all means, keep going to your 9-5 dead-end job. I'm as lucky as you are old and ugly. Don't waste one goddamn second worrying about how many posts I have or what I do while away my days. You're all cats. And I laugh as I watch you play with the string while I dangle it in front of your idiotic faces.
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #184
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombRaider View Post
What you don't seem to get is that they have gone up LESS than they would have without implementation of the ACA. You then go on to admit that no amount of facts are going to change your mind. That's an untenable and ignorant position to maintain. Do you use your Muslim prayer room five times a day? Maybe you're not entirely sure which direction Mecca is...

Nothing more than conjecture and supposition on your part. This is an unproveable claim.

So now the opened minded liberal is going to start calling people Muslims rather than gay. Not so open minded are you?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #185
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post
You lie just like Lexus Lover. Twenty million people purchased health insurance on the exchanges. Subtract out 5 million people who already had a policy and that leaves 15 million people who purchased insurance and were uninsured in 2013. The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is not a government agency. Why don't you provide a link that supports your bullshit. There was a large net gain of privately insured, dumbass.

How much has Obamacare actually cost in dollars? Lets forget the job losses and the money for paperwork and just talk about how much has been allocated of tax payer money? The Weekly Standard opinionated that the first full decade of Obamacare will likely cost 2.5 to 3 trillion dollars. Using your numbers of 15 million lets do some math. How much does a year of health (or use to) cost? Lets go with an averge of $200 a month or about $2400 a year for 10 years or $24,000. Now multiply that by YOUR 15 million and what do we end up with (I'm so excited to find out...)... interesting....it comes to $360 billion for ten years. So if we straight up paying for people's health insurance it is cheaper by far then Obamacare. Care to rebutt?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:03 PM   #186
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post

Remember I said last year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6368228.html

Exchange enrollments for 2014 peaked at more than 8 million, but dipped to 6.7 million as of October as a share of customers gave up their plans, for reasons including not being able to afford the premiums, not valuing the coverage, gaining employment at companies that offer health benefits or enrolling into Medicaid because their incomes fell.

Now STFU.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:13 PM   #187
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
How much has Obamacare actually cost in dollars? Lets forget the job losses and the money for paperwork and just talk about how much has been allocated of tax payer money? The Weekly Standard opinionated that the first full decade of Obamacare will likely cost 2.5 to 3 trillion dollars. Using your numbers of 15 million lets do some math. How much does a year of health (or use to) cost? Lets go with an averge of $200 a month or about $2400 a year for 10 years or $24,000. Now multiply that by YOUR 15 million and what do we end up with (I'm so excited to find out...)... interesting....it comes to $360 billion for ten years. So if we straight up paying for people's health insurance it is cheaper by far then Obamacare. Care to rebutt?
Where in the fuck are you getting a $200 a month average for healthcare? You just straight up pulled that number out of your ass. It's not even close.

"Annual premiums for employer-sponsored family health coverage reached $16,351 this year, up 4 percent from last year, with workers on average paying $4,565 toward the cost of their coverage, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation/Health Research & Educational Trust"

$4565, divided by 12, is $380 a month, on AVERAGE. Twice what you opined.

And it's THAN obamacare, not THEN obamacare. Goddamn. And I'm supposed to believe anything else you say when you can't even get that correct?
Old 07-12-2015, 08:17 PM   #188
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
...He'll switch from one example to another without actually connecting one with the other. We talk about Obamacare and cost. We mean for the country and he talks about a poor family. Of course someone is going to come out ahead and he picks them for his example. Never mind the middle class family who has been FORCED to give up a good healthcare plan for something that is just wrong, too expensive, and with a very high deductible. Lets not talk about them.
Like when flighty said the reason for the rate increase was not enough healthy people signing up which is what was totally predicted.

Look, I'm a pragmatist. If Obama could have lowered my premium with Obamacare I'd be thankful to him. But he didn't. He simply kowtowed to his constituency wanting another big government give away program that is reaching into my pocket.

Quote:
BTW, 4,100 posts in three months? Jesus Christ. You've got to be on a fast track for some sort of site record.

FYI: Wombatraper changed his handle from underconstruction else he'd be closing in on 8,000 post this year.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #189
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Nothing more than conjecture and supposition on your part. This is an unproveable claim.

So now the opened minded liberal is going to start calling people Muslims rather than gay. Not so open minded are you?
Quote:
So future projections are nothing more than conjecture and not provable. Then you try and take a bogus number and some simple math and you still can't get it right. Do you see the humor here?

Who thought that premiums would actually decrease? They are putting people with pre-existing conditions into the insurance pool. Anyone with a passing knowledge of actuarial tables knew the premiums would increase. Current projections predict a stabilisation of premiums. \\

http://www.rwjf.org/content/dam/farm...2011/rwjf71451
Old 07-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #190
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Like when flighty said the reason for the rate increase was not enough healthy people signing up which is what was totally predicted.

Look, I'm a pragmatist. If Obama could have lowered my premium with Obamacare I'd be thankful to him. But he didn't. He simply kowtowed to his constituency wanting another big government give away program that is reaching into my pocket.

FYI: Wombatraper changed his handle from underconstruction else he'd be closing in on 8,000 post this year.
What moron didn't know that would happen? And the fact that you label it as a giveaway illustrates your basic lack of knowledge about what it even is. You don't know where your taxes go now, why the bitching? It's always something about giveaways and taking money out of your pocket, when you don't even fucking have a tenuous grasp on the ACA and what it's doing. Any numbnuts with passing knowledge of an actuarial table knew that premiums would have to increase for someone when a large number of people with pre-existing conditions were added to the insurance pool. The costs are stabilising and will continue to stabilise.

FYI, smelly old turdfly has me ignore because he's a pussy.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #191
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21
Thumbs up

Quote:
Really?

Pay attention, asshole. Comprehension ain't exactly one of your long suits, is it?

When did I call people idiots and morons just because they disagree with me, like that Flghter character goes around doing all the time? Go ahead, point to a specific instance. Can't do it, can you? Didn't think so.

On the other hand, Flightr can hardly go two posts without calling everyone who dares to disagree with him an idiot or a moron, and while convincingly demonstrating that he doesn't have a fucking clue about the topic of health care policy. He's one of the biggest assholes in this forum and deserves to be called out for his obnoxious behavior. The fact that you posted childish insults of your own in the service of acting as his apologist speaks volumes about you. Normal people are capable of discussing issues without that sort of juvenile shit.

WOO HOO ! Let it rip, Ex-CEO. That's the way to deal with woomby the lying liberal fag ! Keep putting the boots to his well punched ass !
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:02 PM   #192
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Care to post something backing up your condescending bullshit, pee wee?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:32 PM   #193
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
JD, your math does not work for several reasons.

1. The weekly standard estimate is for a full decade. The number of people on the government exchanges does not level off until 2017. So you can't use the 15 million number. The number to use will be higher than 15 million and it will not be known until June 2017.

2. The ACA has two parts, private plans sold on the exchanges and the expanded Medicaid (for the states that accepted it). So far, there are 14 million people getting that. Your math does not include these people. The Federal Government is picking up 100% of the cost of the expanded Medicaid for 5 years and then after that is 95%. You don't have a way to calculate how much the Federal Government will be spending on the expanded Medicaid for the next 10 years. The only thing we know is that the payouts to the health care provider is cheaper than what it would be than in a private plan.

3. You should be using the 380 number that WR calculated for you in the other post.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:44 PM   #194
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Remember I said last year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6368228.html

Exchange enrollments for 2014 peaked at more than 8 million, but dipped to 6.7 million as of October as a share of customers gave up their plans, for reasons including not being able to afford the premiums, not valuing the coverage, gaining employment at companies that offer health benefits or enrolling into Medicaid because their incomes fell.

Now STFU.
Your first sentence (from the other post) implied a year to date number. So you were talking about 2014 numbers only. Even with that the net gain would be 2 million more insured on the exchanges for 2014. I don't consider 2 million a small number. My link has 2015 numbers and even if you subtract out a generous 5 million people who lost their policy and could not get it back, you still have a NET GAIN of 15 million more people insured with a PRIVATE PLAN on the GOVERNMENT EXCHANGES.

SO, STFU.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:41 AM   #195
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombRaider View Post
What moron didn't know that would happen? And the fact that you label it as a giveaway illustrates your basic lack of knowledge about what it even is. You don't know where your taxes go now, why the bitching? It's always something about giveaways and taking money out of your pocket, when you don't even fucking have a tenuous grasp on the ACA and what it's doing. Any numbnuts with passing knowledge of an actuarial table knew that premiums would have to increase for someone when a large number of people with pre-existing conditions were added to the insurance pool. The costs are stabilising and will continue to stabilise.

FYI, smelly old turdfly has me ignore because he's a pussy.
What moron? Apparently Obama. He promised premiums would DROP $2,500 per year, not go up. But if I called him a liar, I'd be called a racist. Doesn't change the fact that Obama lied.

And do not take Fluffy seriously. He's suffering from terminal Kool Aid poisoning.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women