Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59984
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47591
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 12-16-2022, 01:12 PM   #181
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Yep. I think of Joe Montana. Joe had average arm strength and runner. But a gamer! Can Kenny be a gamer! Bring us back late in the 4th qtr. Do those type of things. Hwe’ll see.
Brock Purdy, "Mr. irrelevant" is looking like a gamer out in SF! He's in a great circumstance though. Strong line. One of the best and most versatile RB. One of the best TE. A head coach who is an offensive guru, and one of the best defenses.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 02:50 PM   #182
Smarty1
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
There was no guarantee that Pickett would have still been around when they picked in the second round. I'm guessing someone would have grabbed him. I'm glad they picked him.
You are certainly correct. Someone might have grabbed Pickett before the Steelers second round pick. So what? Then you play Trubisky in 2022, finish likely about the same as they will end up doing (if not a bit worse), then pick a first round QB in the 2023 draft, a better QB draft and with a better draft position.

If you are hell bent on drafting a QB in 2022, then don’t sign Trubisky. Use the cap space that frees up to bolster other areas of the team and play Mason Rudolph until Pickett is ready. They botched it by doing BOTH.

Not to mention they drafted a QB in the seventh round and never even let him take reps in camp. Why do that? It’s only a 7th but still. Brock Purdue is looking pretty decent; Tom Brady was a seventh. Why waste a draft pick like that, even if another guy that could have been picked probably wouldn’t have worked out. That’s at least a chance the pick could have contributed, unlike the actual one.
Smarty1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 04:23 PM   #183
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Signing Trubisky wasn't that bad for the cap, because the contract is heavily reliant on incentives. He's only gonna end up making back up money, and not even amongst the top paid backups. Sadly though, his play seems to have regressed from when he was on the Bears.

Yea, that Oladokun pick is one of the strangest picks that I can remember. Zero reps in camp, so I don't understand what that was about. Only guess I have is that he said or did some things that turned them away from him. The Chiefs signed him to their practice squad. Mr. Irrelevant is showing that you can potentially find value anywhere in the draft, so that pick could have been used on someone else.

Maybe it's not that they were hell bent on drafting a QB, but that they had the advantage of having a lot more up close info on KP than any other team, and they really liked what they saw. It seemed like they tried to downnplay their interest in him during the months leading up to the draft, in the hopes that no one else would pick him first. I watched him a lot at Pitt and I hoped that the Steelers would get him.
Old 12-17-2022, 01:18 PM   #184
Iceman
Valued Poster

My thoughts on Pickett are that it's too early in his career to tell if he's going to be just an average QB or if he's being hindered by an OC who can not design plays or call a game.

While Tomlin is a very good coach and would have many offers if separated from the Steelers, his time here has passed in my opinion. There seems to be no leadership in the locker rooms and very little accountability among the coaching staff. These problems are directly attributable to him since he is the head coach and has hired those coaches and also has a huge part in player aquisition.
Iceman is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 04:01 PM   #185
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Good job today Coach T. A nice 8 point road win against a team that was on a roll. Keys were the commitment to the run, commitment to stoping the run, a strong pass rush, and Mitch taking care of the ball a lot better than last week.

I thought it was interesting that even though Johnson expressed that he preferred Rudolph, him and Mitch had a great connection.
Old 12-18-2022, 05:57 PM   #186
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

And one more spot down in the draft pick for nothing.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 06:14 PM   #187
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Really go back and take a look at the past 10 years worth of drafts and tell me how effectively they have picked.

Then, we can look at your tank the season for a better draft spot strategy in more depth
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 06:38 PM   #188
jmichael
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
Really go back and take a look at the past 10 years worth of drafts and tell me how effectively they have picked.

Then, we can look at your tank the season for a better draft spot strategy in more depth
Don't you know HD, the players want to tank, so someone better can be draft to take their job
jmichael is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 07:27 PM   #189
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Super. A meaningless win in December against a below Average team. And somebody needs to thank Diantae johnson for playing hard even though he was nice enough to offer his sage advice in picking a starting QB AND play hard when he didn’t get his wish.
What a guy.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 07:50 PM   #190
pittlicker
Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Make sure someone thanks him and Allen for their arrogant and stupid penalties. Truly professional moves by both of them.
pittlicker is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 08:10 PM   #191
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittlicker View Post
Make sure someone thanks him and Allen for their arrogant and stupid penalties. Truly professional moves by both of them.
Tomlin actually did thank Johnson. He sent him out for the very next play after his selfish taunting and the very next play call was a pass to Johnson.
We wonder why we get divas on this team.

Bullshit. He should have sat the rest of the game. What a joke.
The way Tomlin has allowed Johnson to fuck with Mitch it’s no surprise Mitch doesn’t want to stay here. Johnson isn’t as good as he thinks he is.
Old 12-18-2022, 08:25 PM   #192
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Tomlin actually did thank Johnson. He sent him out for the very next play after his selfish taunting and the very next play call was a pass to Johnson.
We wonder why we get divas on this team.

Bullshit. He should have sat the rest of the game. What a joke.
the days of the chuck noll kind of coaches are pretty much gone.
tomlin lets alot go on to keep his players happy. we all remember how much shit antonio brown was allowed to do.
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:31 PM   #193
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
the days of the chuck noll kind of coaches are pretty much gone.
tomlin lets alot go on to keep his players happy. we all remember how much shit antonio brown was allowed to do.
This isn’t just “the game of old days” smart football. Most of todays coaches (good coaches) wouldn’t put up with it like Tomlin does.

His best feature, he never loses the team, is what keeps him but he needs to improve in some areas. If he’s willing too.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:33 AM   #194
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Let's be honest, that's a bullshit rule. You're playing a game where you're allowed to hit another man with the force of a car crash, playing a game where people have been paralyzed, have lost their minds due to it, and even died due to it, but you're not allowed to flex your muscles in front of an opponent after the play. That said, it's a rule and it's Johnson's responsibility to know it and follow it, but he made up for it right away with a first down, and they scored a TD on the drive. Johnson would have been in the running for MVP of the game if they gave that award for a regular season game, so I'm not gonna come down too hard on him for that one.

As far as the unfair criticism of coach T, look at what happened with the GOAT Belicheck's team last night. A player made a horrible situational decision that cost them a chance of winning the game. Mike Tomlin's record as a head coach without Roesthlisberger is better than the GOAT's without the GOAT. As someone, I think smarty1 mentioned previously, having a good/great QB is very important.

Repeatedly saying that the Steelers should try to lose games to move up in the draft demonstrates a lack of understanding of the culture of NFL football, and also the rules.

To some fans, these games may be meaningless, especially to those who want Tomlin fired for whatever reason, but to myself, a lot of other fans, coaches, and players, they're not meaningless. The streak of non losing seasons is a sign of good coaching and that he's never had one of his teams give up on him. There will be 60 some thousand fans sitting down there on a cold ass christmas eve who don't view it as meaningless.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:46 AM   #195
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

As for Noll, I think you may be looking at him with rose colored glasses as far as player discipline is concerned.

Let's not forget this episode: "He was convinced the trucks were after him. He pulled a shotgun from the floor and started shooting at the tires of passing trucks. He stuck his shotgun out the window, already blasted open by his own bullets, and kept shooting. The state police were on his tail now, chasing him at ninety miles an hour. He veered off the main road, blew out a tire, and jumped out of his car, running into a nearby forest. He carried his shotgun with him.

A police helicopter swirled overhead and Holmes, surrounded by state police, began shooting at it, hitting an officer in the ankle. Moments later, surrounded and exhausted, he was finally in cuffs. Said one officer afterward: "We could have killed him a dozen times.""

Holmes didn't miss a single game due to this. Today he would have likely been killed and certainly would have been sentenced to jail time if not.

Then there was the Super Bowl in Miami where some of the starting offensive lineman were doing something illegal that would keep you up all night in Miami.

Those were different times. If those teams were under the same scrutiny as the teams today are, I think there would have been more reported incidents.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women