Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70467
biomed160975
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453024
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47733
pyramider46370
bambino40441
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #181
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I think both parties are primarily interested in demagoguery.
True that! The problem is that anyone who tells you the cold, hard truth renders himself instantly unelectable, given the obvious metastasization of our nation's entitlement mentality. We've been told for years that we can travel a long way down the path toward becoming a European-style social democracy, while big-spending politicians insinuate that we can finance it by raising taxes only on those making over $250K annually. The Europeans impose far higher income taxes on the middle class, plus a VAT. And even with all that, they can't even come close to financing their welfare states.

Quote:
Did you watch the GOP primary? Brutal.
If you're asking whether I watched any of the debates, no. I did happen to see a few clips here and there. Painful to watch.

Quote:
Obama over promised, no doubt about it. My contention is that no matter who had been in office, the housing bubble was not going to call for a norvmal recovery.
You are correct with respect to the fact that recoveries following debt deflations are generally more difficult than those of the more typical business cycle variety. But it doesn't help if you exacerbate the fiscal picture by spending hundreds of billions of dollars on political payoffs that have nothing to do with "stimulating" the economy.

But as bad as Obama obviously is, I think we're in for just about the same set of long-term problems no matter who gets elected. Does anyone seriously think Romney is going to pursue anything other than a politically-focused agenda, or that he's going to be more likely to make any tough decisions than Obama has been?

The recent Stockman article to which I linked makes that point:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/op...=1&ref=opinion

Partisans on both sides need to realize that neither party is even remotely serious about real fiscal responsibilty.
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #182
CJ7
Valued Poster

I get very little response when I bring that up too
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #183
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post

The recent Stockman article to which I linked makes that point:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/opinion/paul-ryans-fairy-tale-budget-plan.html?_r=1&ref=opinion

Partisans on both sides need to realize that neither party is even remotely serious about real fiscal responsibilty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
I get very little response when I bring that up too
If you bring up Stockman , it is if people go deaf and do not want to have a serious discussion about real solutions. They'd rather shit on the living room floor and act like they are Tootsie Rolls
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #184
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Full Disclosure

The central question here is why does Romney continue to refuse to show us his tax returns?

He said that he looked at them and they were just fine.

Thank you, very much!

Well, that should settle the entire debate right there, shouldn't it?

. . . Even that clown should know that man cannot act as his own witness in the court of public opinion!

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #185
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

FastGoon has me on ignore. Would someone ask him if there would be anything in Romney's returns that would convince him to vote for Romney? If not, why should Romney show them to him? Seems to me the only ones adamant about seeing them are those that won't vote for him come hell or high water.

Thanks.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #186
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post

Trust but Verify!

...one decade our redneck repubs love that slogan a couple decades later, they act like they ain't never heard it!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #187
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
FastGoon has me on ignore. Would someone ask him if there would be anything in Romney's returns that would convince him to vote for Romney? If not, why should Romney show them to him? Seems to me the only ones adamant about seeing them are those that won't vote for him come hell or high water.

Thanks.
Me thinks Team Obama think that Indy's voters might want to see it. That is why they won't let up. It makes it look like ole Willard has something to hide. The Indy voters do not like surprises. Other than that your analysis is spot on...

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #188
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Why don't the Dims just run with Reid's claim that Romney hasn't paid any taxes for the last ten years? That should be enough for the gullible.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #189
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
The central question here is why does Romney continue to refuse to show us his tax returns?

Thank you, very much!

. . . Even that clown should know that man cannot act as his own witness in the court of public opinion!

COG says hello!

Thanks.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #190
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Why don't the Dims just run with Reid's claim that Romney hasn't paid any taxes for the last ten years? That should be enough for the gullible.
Tax returns for fast and furious documents, that'd be my offer to prince Obama

Full disclosure for the American people all the way
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #191
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default First we gotta beat the gay outta him...

I nominate never as the Presidential debate moderator

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #192
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:

Thank you, very much!

Romney told me to tell you (car elevators are great tax write offs). You are WELCOME.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #193
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
Tax returns for fast and furious documents, that'd be my offer to prince Obama

Full disclosure for the American people all the way
Naahhh. Fast and Furious is a different problem. All Boehner has to do on that is tell the House Sergeant-At-Arms to arrest Holder for contempt of Congress and throw him in the DC jail. "Held on the order of the Speaker of the House" is, according to at least one authority, a valid answer to a writ of habeas corpus, meaning Holder won't get out of jail until either (a) a new Speaker is elected (meaning the Dimocrats have to win big) or (b) his toadies hand over the Fast and Furious documents.

Boehner doesn't want to do that, as it is a thermonuclear weapon, and he'd rather not give the Democrats any precedent for its use.

There's a much more fun way to do it. For each year, pick an appropriate Obama document. Say, 2003 tax return for his Columbia transcript. 2004 for his passport records. 2005 for the REAL long-form birth certificate. 2006 for his Social Security number records. And so on. It won't be hard to make a list of all the documents Obama himself has spent MILLIONS of dollars in legal fees to keep locked up.

Publish the list in, say, the New York Times, or the Washington Post. Or put it on Drudge Report. Say "Tellyawhat, Barry: You release these and I'll release my tax returns, document for document, according to the list. Whaddaya say?"

And watch the fun.
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #194
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Ammunition

As usual, your cockeyed assumptions are wrong, old geezer, but what's new?

This disclosure is strictly a matter of honor and Mitt is sorely lacking in that department.

If a man has not done anything wrong then he would not be reluctant to show the evidence to prove that innocence.

However, when he knows he has skirted the law by a only few nanometers, then of course, he would not be so forthcoming.

He has everything to lose and nothing to gain by telling the truth now.

. . . No, I wouldn't vote for Romney either way, but those people in his camp who think like he does might more inclined to. However, he's not helping his base with this reluctance and he's only giving more ammunition to his adversaries to come after him by not disclosing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Fast Gunn has me on ignore. Would someone ask him if there would be anything in Romney's returns that would convince him to vote for Romney? If not, why should Romney show them to him? Seems to me the only ones adamant about seeing them are those that won't vote for him come hell or high water.

Thanks.
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #195
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

There's a much more fun way to do it. For each year, pick an appropriate Obama document. Say, 2003 tax return for his Columbia transcript. 2004 for his passport records. 2005 for the REAL long-form birth certificate. 2006 for his Social Security number records. And so on. It won't be hard to make a list of all the documents Obama himself has spent MILLIONS of dollars in legal fees to keep locked up.

Publish the list in, say, the New York Times, or the Washington Post. Or put it on Drudge Report. Say "Tellyawhat, Barry: You release these and I'll release my tax returns, document for document, according to the list. Whaddaya say?"
Dude, you can be my assistant
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women