Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59941
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47559
pyramider46370
bambino40328
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 03-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #196
Guest032414-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
"Intelligent or benevolent as they claim they are."

So, the atrocities committed by the few put blood on the hands of the many? It certainly sounds like you're a broken record and that you failed to actually read the content of my post. First, show where I claim that the atrocities Mao and other communists did not happen? They were unhuman monsters who hid behind a cause or their own power in order to subjugate and cleanse their people. Not something that any normal human being, regardless of religion (or lack thereof) would be able to stomach.

Second, as I said, nearly every major religion (of which I view communism a member of) has committed unspeakable acts against their fellow man in the name of the cause.

Ask the North and South American native tribes how the Christians treated them.

Ask those sacrificed in Buddhist Burma.

Ask the early Christians how much love Rome showed for them.

Ask those sacrificed by the Aztec how much above an animal they were treated.

Ask the Quakers hanged by the Puritans during the witch hunts.

Ask the Protestants how the Catholics showed value for their fellow Christians and vice versa.

Or those strangled by the Thuggee sect of India.

Or Mao against his own people.

Or the USSR against the Ukrainian people.

But I digress.
Guest032414-2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #197
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomidis View Post
"Intelligent or benevolent as they claim they are."

So, the atrocities committed by the few put blood on the hands of the many? It certainly sounds like you're a broken record and that you failed to actually read the content of my post. First, show where I claim that the atrocities Mao and other communists did not happen? They were unhuman monsters who hid behind a cause or their own power in order to subjugate and cleanse their people. Not something that any normal human being, regardless of religion (or lack thereof) would be able to stomach.

Second, as I said, nearly every major religion (of which I view communism a member of) has committed unspeakable acts against their fellow man in the name of the cause.

Ask the North and South American native tribes how the Christians treated them.

Ask those sacrificed in Buddhist Burma.

Ask the early Christians how much love Rome showed for them.

Ask those sacrificed by the Aztec how much above an animal they were treated.

Ask the Quakers hanged by the Puritans during the witch hunts.

Ask the Protestants how the Catholics showed value for their fellow Christians and vice versa.

Or those strangled by the Thuggee sect of India.

Or Mao against his own people.

Or the USSR against the Ukrainian people.

But I digress.

And nothing you've posted atones for the murders committed by these atheists: N. Korea
’s Kim dynasty, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and Ceaușescu.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #198
sfb
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I'm confused how you can define atheism as a religion because the US court system does. The majority of documented atheists do not live in the US, and therefore do not have a US court system to define them. You accuse others of not researching, yet you through claims out there that make no sense at all. The US government does not define the world, nor religion, and the court system certainly doesn't.

The court is yours.
sfb is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #199
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfb View Post
I'm confused how you can define atheism as a religion because the US court system does. The majority of documented atheists do not live in the US, and therefore do not have a US court system to define them. You accuse others of not researching, yet you through claims out there that make no sense at all. Did the research: U.S. Courts found it necessary to define 'atheism', and it did. Here you say: Atheism is a belief system Yet, when Merriam-Webster was cited above - the definition of 'religion' 4: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith - you, and those other two assholes CBJ7 and Old-goaT, refuse to match what you are saying to the actual Merriam-Webster definition. The US government does not define the world, nor religion, and the court system certainly doesn't.
What is an atheist's position or belief regarding a divine being?
Old 03-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #200
Guest032414-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

Quote:
And nothing you've posted atones for the murders committed by these atheists: N. Korea’s Kim dynasty, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and Ceaușescu.[/COLOR]
Okay, now I'm convinced that you're either being purposefully oblivious or that you somehow think that I'm supposed to individually atone for the atrocities committed by others under the guise of atheism. I hope it's the former, I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one.

The minute you atone for atrocities committed in the name of a religion (other than atheism--which is a lack of religion) that's ever ocurred, I shall do the same. Until then, you're even worse than a broken record and your insistence on degrading this conversation into a battle of juvenile images only demonstrates this. I wish you a good day.
Guest032414-2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #201
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Okay, now I'm convinced that you're either being purposefully oblivious or that you somehow think that I'm supposed to individually atone for the atrocities committed by others under the guise of atheism. Wasn't that the purpose behind your enumeration of crimes committed by others? I hope it's the former, I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one.

The minute you atone for atrocities committed in the name of a religion (other than atheism--which is a lack of religion
Wrong: the Merriam-Webster definition of 'atheism' is:
a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
b
: the doctrine that there is no deity
) that's ever ocurred, I shall do the same. Until then, you're even worse than a broken record and your insistence on degrading this conversation into a battle of juvenile images only demonstrates this. I wish you a good day.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #202
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Ceaușescu were still atheists.
Seriously? The Duke basketball coach is an atheist? No wonder they lost.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #203
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Okay, now I'm convinced that you're either being purposefully oblivious or that you somehow think that I'm supposed to individually atone for the atrocities committed by others under the guise of atheism.

Until then, you're even worse than a broken record and your insistence on degrading this conversation into a battle of juvenile images only demonstrates this. I wish you a good day.
Sadly, you have learned the reality of "discussing" things with IB.

If you read enough of his posts (and it is a painful thing to do, I acknowledge) it isn't you, it is he/she. Just say the word "Christian" or "Communist" and a deep seeded subconscious reaction overtakes him and he pounds out giberish for paragraphs at a time.

Yes, he really DOES want you to take the blaim for anything bad done by anyone who claims similar beliefs as you do. It is exactly the kind of thinking that leads to genocide by "enlightened, loving peole" like him/her.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:54 AM   #204
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Sadly, you have learned the reality of "discussing" things with IB.

If you read enough of his posts (and it is a painful thing to do, I acknowledge) it isn't
you, it is he/she. Just say the word "Christian" or "Communist" and a deep seeded subconscious reaction overtakes him and he pounds out giberish for paragraphs at a time.

Yes, he really DOES want you to take the blaim for anything bad done by anyone who claims similar beliefs as you do. It is exactly the kind of thinking that leads to genocide by "enlightened, loving peole" like him/her.

You are seriously 'funny' Old-goaT. You're so 'funny' you would have been a candidate for the 'short' bus to school back in your day.

First, you and CBJ7 reject Merriam-Webster's definition for religion as a 'personal' belief system:

Definition of RELIGION

2: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion

Then you and CBJ7 reject the U.S. Court's definition for atheism:

U.S. courts (up to and including the Supreme Court) have defined 'atheism' as a religion:

"If we think of religion as taking a position on divinity, then atheism is indeed a form of religion."

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/...30/931/565138/

Then you and CBJ7 completely runaway from and fail to deal with the fact atheists have set up churches:

And atheists have a church: http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

Furthermore, regardless of how much you try, you and CBJ7 still cannot refute the fact that atheists, such as N. Korea’s Kim dynasty, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and Ceaușescu, murdered hundreds of millions of people in the 20th century.

Get over it. Accept the facts and move on with your miserable, unintelligent life. They were atheists, you cannot change that fact as much as you and CBJ7 (and Diomidis, SFB or Essence) 'wish' it to be were otherwise. That you and CBJ7 continue to 'ignore' facts just makes you two look very, very foolish.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #205
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
First, you and CBJ7 reject Merriam-Webster's definition for religion as a 'personal' belief system

Then you and CBJ7 reject the U.S. Court's definition for atheism

Then you and CBJ7 completely runaway from and fail to deal with the fact atheists have set up churches

Furthermore, regardless of how much you try, you and CBJ7 still cannot refute the fact that atheists, such as N. Korea’s Kim dynasty, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and Ceaușescu, murdered hundreds of millions of people in the 20th century.
Hey Bainless, please accuse me of things I actually have said/done:

--Where did I comment one way or the other about atheism being a religeon? I will patiently wait while you look for my statement. Take your time.

--Where did I ever claim any of those folks DIDN'T kill millions? I seem to recall I actually was the firstt to add some of them to the Bad Guy list. As usual, you have zero regard for truth--not that I'm shocked.

So, in simple terms for a simple mind:
--Where did I say atheism is not a religeon?
--Where did I say Papa Joe, Pol Pot, etc., were good guys?

I'll check back in a while and see.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #206
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Hey Bainless, please accuse me of things I actually have said/done:

--Where did I comment one way or the other about atheism being a religeon? I will patiently wait while you look for my statement. Take your time.

--Where did I ever claim any of those folks DIDN'T kill millions? I seem to recall I actually was the firstt to add some of them to the Bad Guy list. As usual, you have zero regard for truth--not that I'm shocked.

--Where did I say atheism is not a religeon?

I'll check back in a while and see.

At post 176 you attempt to defend Mao’s cadre's actions:
http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=2305034&postcount=176
At post 188 your remarks were an obvious endorsement of CBJ7’s posts at 185 & 187.
http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=2305483&postcount=188
Old 03-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #207
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default better not let WTF catch you dissin' his man

Quote:

--Where did I say Papa Joe..... etc., were good guys?

oh my bad..not Joe Pa...sorry

but anyway he likes papa joe too
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #208
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Joe Pa was da man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
oh my bad..not Joe Pa...sorry

but anyway he likes papa joe too
You got dat right!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #209
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Oh! Wow! Mor spellig errorz u kan ketch! Ain't yoo smert! I wanna growe upp lik u!

On post 176 I did not claim the killings didn't exist, nor did I defend them. I asked a question about bodies that were already dead. YOU FAIL.

On post 188 I did not defend anyne else's posts, I chastized you for not answering the question and not sticking to the point. Just like this responce of yours! YOU FAIL AGAIN!

0 for 2. Try again, though you may want to actually read the questions this time.

--Where did I say atheism is not a religion?

This is your second try coming up. Let's see if you can do better than you did the first time (I know that's a very low bar I'm setting for you, but you have demonstrated you're a low achieving type of guy/gal).
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #210
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default can't help but read the diatribes

Quote:
responce
just sayin'
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies