Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452978
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47678
pyramider46370
bambino40406
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35596
Mojojo33117

Old 04-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #211
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Just where are the rich folks going? That is a myth.
They don't have to go anywhere. If they are truly rich, they just don't need to realize income.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #212
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
They don't have to go anywhere. If they are truly rich, they just don't need to realize income.
Exactly right.

And if they are only moderately rich, they can significantly reduce their tax burden in ways I described way back in post #156. If you push marginal rates very far, they'll do just that.

Anyone remember the discussions leading up to the enactment of the Alternative Minimum Tax? A couple of news reports in the late 1960s indicated that a number of the 100 wealthiest individuals and families in the U.S. paid no income tax. None! And these were people whose net worths ran into the hundreds of millions. (There were virtually no billionaires back then.)

But marginal tax rates were 70% back then! How could that happen?

Of course, the answer isn't difficult for those who actually understand the issue.

In coming years, the wealthy will pay little in additional tax. The middle class will pay the price for all this out-of-control spending.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #213
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Of course, the answer isn't difficult for those who actually understand the issue.
Well there ya go, excluding WTF.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #214
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default A Crazed Loon Makes His Best Point

Quote:
But save me the rich will leave crap. They have nowhere to go. Our armies will hunt them down! lol
storm the Bastille

peasants with pitchforks

social justice

hey i like your house

the cross of gold speech lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #215
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default they can do like all rich Dems do

Quote:
Municipal Bond Interest ala theresa kerry
Old 04-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #216
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Well there ya go, excluding WTF.
LOL!

By the way, my CPAs are working on my extension and quarterly estimate. Looks like I will be paying less than I thought in 2009 taxes. Some might resent that I may not be paying what they would consider my fair share.

Damn tax lawyers!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #217
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Oh, really?
Why not drop the wealth envy crap, WTF? It doesn't paint you in a very flattering light.
Quote:
Oh, really?
Before casting aspersions,
I do not give a shit about what a bunch of crooks that privatize profits and socialize losses think. That is not envy. I envy a true bank robbery more than those assholes. Now before you lecture me on how to post get your own condescending act in order.

Quote:
Wow maybe just maybe we might start closing those loopholes. I think my prior post was about those oh so high captial gains tax rates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
Municpal Bond Interest ala theresa kerry
None of them should be able to do it. You playing partisan politics, go bark up another tree.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #218
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I do not give a shit about what a bunch of crooks that privatize profits and socialize losses think.
The insinuation that one's success indicates that he is a crook who privatizes profits and socializes losses is ridiculous beyond comparison. You're talking about a very small number of people on Wall Street. Why don't you make an effort to avoid painting with broad brushes?

Quote:
Now before you lecture me on how to post get your own condescending act in order.
You accused me of "misunderstanding Keynes", and then failed to point to any statement I made which might reasonably lead you to that conclusion (despite my challenge to do so a few posts ago). Then you accused me of posting "crap", which is complete nonsense. You demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt that you don't fully understand the issue.

If you are going to come at me with a snarky or hostile tone, I'm going to tell you how misinformed you are. If you think that's condescension, too bad. Grow a thicker skin.

Better yet, learn something about the subject before you post!
Old 04-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #219
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Better yet, learn something about the subject before you post!
Well if you impose those kind of conditions on WTF, his post count would only be 14.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #220
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:

None of them should be able to do it. You playing partisan politics, go bark up another tree.
if thats not your tree i'm barking up then it shouldnt bother ya...unless you are partisan

but my point was..and its not partisan at all..merely observational:

Dems say its patriotic to pay more tax, obama wants to share the wealth...they decry profits as in "now is not the time to make profits", they castigate corporations, they do just about anything outwardly to act and talk this way....and to have public policy that inhibits incentive...but in their private lives they are hustling for every private buck (and public buck) they can get and so arrange their private affairs that they pay as little in tax as they can..not to speak of cheating on their taxes and aiding welfare fraud for their nannys and maids...or contributing not one whit to charities.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #221
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Well if you impose those kind of conditions on WTF, his post count would only be 14.
Ouch. Stick to witty, you do it better.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #222
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Ouch. Stick to witty, you do it better.
That was witty. Ask WTF
Old 04-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #223
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
...but my point was..and its not partisan at all..merely observational:

Dems say its patriotic to pay more tax, obama wants to share the wealth...they decry profits as in "now is not the time to make profits", they castigate corporations, they do just about anything outwardly to act and talk this way....and to have public policy that inhibits incentive...but in their private lives they are hustling for every private buck (and public buck) they can get and so arrange their private affairs that they pay as little in tax as they can..not to speak of cheating on their taxes and aiding welfare fraud for their nanny's and maids...or contributing not one whit to charities.
Yes, and one might also note that Warren Buffett, an Obama supporter, is one of the biggest cheerleaders for tax increases on the wealthy. In fact, he often decries the fact that his administrative assistant pays a higher effective tax rate than he does. However, he has no intention of paying more tax himself (virtually all of his net worth is going into charitable foundations). But he wants you to pay more tax if you're moderately affluent!

Actually, you'll soon be paying much more tax (probably a VAT) even if you're poor. Politicians can't get that much additional money out of the "rich" -- probably no more than a nickel of every deficit dollar, at best. Anyone who doesn't believe that is living in a fantasy world.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #224
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Actually, you'll soon be paying much more tax (probably a VAT) even if you're poor. Politicians can't get that much additional money out of the "rich" -- probably no more than a nickel of every deficit dollar, at best. Anyone who doesn't believe that is living in a fantasy world.
I don't know if it will be a VAT or something else but I agree; the politicians will try to spin it as everything but a tax but we will all be giving more of our income to the government. We can debate if that is for the greater good or not, but that it will happen is I think a foregone conclusion.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #225
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
I don't know if it will be a VAT or something else but I agree; the politicians will try to spin it as everything but a tax but we will all be giving more of our income to the government. We can debate if that is for the greater good or not, but that it will happen is I think a foregone conclusion.
So we can all agree we're going to get it.
Will there be government Vaseline?
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women