Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70438
biomed160743
Yssup Rider60095
gman4452947
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47639
pyramider46370
bambino40352
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35474
Mojojo33117

Old 12-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #211
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
Wow. I bet that really hurts his feelings. I'm sure he will never post again.

Are you and LL idiots in law?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #212
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Are you and LL idiots in law?
I don't know Budman, but if you think he's an idiot, ...

.... he must be a genius.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #213
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

COG is trying to convince his estranged children that he's not a fucked up asshole who embarrassed them and their children very time he goes to a family gathering.

we ALL know the type.

Vegas says his family hates him and he's ashamed of himself. Who wants some of that?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #214
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

LOL! Carry on, everyone is behaving as expected. Happy New Year!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #215
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Happy New Year .... speaking of guns .....

.. how many have been in Mexico on New Year's Eve to see and hear the fire power display?
Old 12-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #216
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I don't know Budman, but if you think he's an idiot, ...

.... he must be a genius.

Seemed from the same family both of you regurgitate the same crap.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #217
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Seemed from the same family ....
I recognize that where you grew up EVERYONE IS FAMILY, so you might misunderstand some people who have similar beliefs aren't INTERRELATED as YOU.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #218
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I recognize that where you grew up* EVERYONE IS FAMILY, so you might misunderstand some people who have similar beliefs aren't INTERRELATED as YOU.
* Using the phrase "grew up" ... very loosely, of course.

You have yet to mature.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #219
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Babble on the more you post the dumber you appear...
Old 12-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #220
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

[QUOTE=LexusLover;1052105148]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post

The 1st amendment apparently authorizes people to make "disparaging comments" so long as they are within the parameters of the Board guidelines as interpreted by the Mods. Quit whining. If you don't want your personal information rubbed in your face, then don't post it ... like it gives you some higher level of credibility. It does not! At least with me. Just a suggestion: Don't tear other people down just to make yourself look better.

If someone like you comes on here and makes factually incorrect statements, I, and anyone else, can challenge them. I did. You don't like it, so you, like many others on here, start the personal crap ... and name calling. Trailer Park Trash as far as I am concerned ... and at a minimum ... without class.

I don't trash people from New York, because they are from New York. Every time I have been to New York, I have enjoyed it and met some fine people. I ignored all the comments I had heard about New Yorkers being rude and inconsiderate. I have worked and/or traveled throughout the U.S. and outside of this country and rarely meet people that I find obnoxious and rude. There are always some. But one thing I don't do is look down on them, regardless of the education and/or background.

But when I run into someone like you, who wants to start criticizing and ridiculing people in Texas while looking down upon them, like you are something special and superior. ... I will address the issue in what ever manner I deem appropriate considering the source. And it makes no difference to me where they are from.

The primary reason I can work well in other people's "back yards" is I ACCEPT their way of doing things, although I will not engage in endeavors I find unethcial or illegal.

For what it's worth to you, I would refrain from spreading too much identifiable information about yourself on this or any other board. Particularly when you are from a small community like Cedar Park. I think you are an asshole, but also I would not want you to cause embarrassment to yourself or your familty by your identity being determined from specific informattion you posted on any board, even this one.

Move on. And let it go.

Or expect to get your bullshit rubbed in your face.
If someone like you comes on here and makes factually incorrect statements, I, and anyone else, can challenge them. I did. You don't like it, so you, like many others on here, start the personal crap ... and name calling. Trailer Park Trash as far as I am concerned ... and at a minimum ... without class.

Mr. MBA-Wannabee -- Once again I ask you -- what statement have I made in any post that is factually incorrect? This is the 4th time I've asked and the responses match your IQ -- zero. Also, what name-calling did I start before you labelled people from Cedar Park "trailer trash". Compared to you, I have been the perfect gentleman. I believe the worst I've called you is "idiot".

I guess you are just angry that I've proven you wrong on so many of the statements you've made that you consider to be facts. Our opinions on some subjects differ. Your opinion, believe it or not, is in no way superior to mine, COG's, Budman's, or any other contributor to this board.

I really don't expect you to respond rationally to this post because your ability to read and comprehend is severely limited. You certainly don't need an MBA to have that ability. It is probably taugh in Junior HS. But maybe you didn't make it that far.

And as for putting too much identifiable information on this board -- doesn't bother me in the least. If you'll notice, you are the only person in this thread who has come at me hard. Others have disagreed with me on this and other subjects, but they can read and comprehend and for the most part understand that an opinion is an opinion, neither right nor wrong. Meanwhile, I count at least 4 people other than myself who have it in for you. I know -- they're all assholes.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #221
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Meanwhile, I count at least 4 people other than myself who have it in for you. I know -- they're all assholes.
You mean to tell me there are only four assholes on here who ....

... "have it in for" me?

Things are looking up!

But I have to discount that as being ... just your opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyFromSyracuse
"Here is a true story.

Guy gets into a verbal fight with his live-in girlfriend and goes out and gets really drunk. Comes home to find the door locked. Being drunk and really pissed, he breaks down the door. Only problem is he breaks down the door of the wrong house and the homeowner shoots him. He has had 2 or 3 major operations and needs at least one more.

Had he not been shot, his only crime probably would have been destruction of private property.

Under the fairly recently passed "Castle Law" in Texas, I would think that no charges would have been filed against the shooter. In another state where the "Castle Law" does not exist, he would probably have been arrested.

Comments?"
This was your opinion ... for which you solicited "Comments?".

You have yet to identify ...
..."the fairly recently passed "Castle Law" in Texas, ..."

....upon which you based your "opinion" .....

was the "fairly recently passed" also an "opinion"?
was the "Castle Law" an "opinion" ?or
was the "in Texas" an "opinion"?

or all of the above an "opinion"?

Or was this your "opinion"?
"In another state where the "Castle Law" does not exist, he would probably have been arrested."

Now was that "opinion" based on you having:
graduated from Syracuse?
obtained an MDA
owned a 4,000 sq. ft. house
a wife that had traveled through 200 countries
a swimming pool in the backyard
a "hot tub" in the backyard
living in a suburb of Austin, Texas
or just being called "Speed........." and calling others "idiots"?

You remind me of the Beverly Hillbilliies.

Pssst.... I don't get on here and post to make friends, get business, or make myself feel good .... do you? So, people can like me, hate, or ignore me, it makes no shit to me one way or the other... does it you? If it does, you need some serious therapy. I don't judge anyone on here by their professed credentials or the number of their "reviews" .... I pay attention to what they post of substance and their support for it ...

... but as I recommended to you, I wouldn't post personal crap on here under any circumstances and I don't post others' personal crap on here or talk about it UNLESS they spout off about it .....

... as far as I am concerned this is all fantasy .... the pussy, the "credentials" and the reviews.

.. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming.

If you don't provide the cite for the law you cite ....

... how the hell is one to "comment"?

Surely that's not how your education went at Sarah-Cruse!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #222
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Are we having a contest to see who has the most assholes "out for him"? I bet I win that one!

If you are on here to "get someone", find something else to do. If this isn't fun for you, find something fun. Life is too short to volunteer to be pissed off.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #223
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Are we having a contest to see who has the most assholes "out for him"? I bet I win that one!
Only if you have more than four! Otherwise, quit competing.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #224
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

[QUOTE=LexusLover;1052107898]
This was your opinion ... for which you solicited "Comments?".

Yes, I definitely asked for comments and I appreciate all who responded.

You have yet to identify ...
..."the fairly recently passed "Castle Law" in Texas, ..."
....upon which you based your "opinion" .....

According to an article by Jeff Wenworth, Texas Senator:

Texas has a "Castle Doctrine" law, Senate Bill 378, which I wrote and the Texas Legislature passed in 2007. Twenty-seven of my fellow Texas state senators signed on as co-authors of the bill.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/community/northeast/news/article/Texas-Castle-Doctrine-law-protects-our-3507040.php#ixzz2GBx4cqQB

was the "fairly recently passed" also an "opinion"?

It was actually a guess and I would call 5 years ago a very good guess.

was the "Castle Law" an "opinion" ?or
was the "in Texas" an "opinion"?

or all of the above an "opinion"?

Never said it was an opinion. Please learn once again to read a person's statements and at least TRY to comprehend. It is the law in the state of Texas. Please tell us all where I ever stated it was an opinion and not a law. Do you make these things up as you go along?

Or was this your "opinion"?
"In another state where the "Castle Law" does not exist, he would probably have been arrested."

It is fact. According to the website http://source.southuniversity.edu/ca...ate-46514.aspx:

States like Texas allow citizens protecting their homes, car, or place of business or employment to use force – including lethal force – when an intruder has unlawfully entered or is attempting to enter using force; is attempting to remove someone from the home, car, or workplace by force; or is attempting to commit a crime such as rape, murder, or robbery. An attempt to retreat is not required before a citizen is justified in using force against the invasive party in Texas.

Not all states give citizens as much leeway in protecting their personal property. States like California allow citizens to protect their homes with deadly force if they feel that they or another person are in physical danger, but does not extend to theft, and it only protects residents in their home, and not in cars or at work.

In New York you cannot use deadly force if you know with certainty that you can avoid an intruder by retreating. You can use deadly force if you are not the initial aggressor in an altercation within your home.

Not arguing which is wrong or which is right. Just supporting my statement. In Texas the law is totally on the side of the homeowner. In other states, less so.

Pssst.... I don't get on here and post to make friends, get business, or make myself feel good .... do you? So, people can like me, hate, or ignore me, it makes no shit to me one way or the other... does it you? If it does, you need some serious therapy. I don't judge anyone on here by their professed credentials or the number of their "reviews" .... I pay attention to what they post of substance and their support for it ...

The only thing that bother me on here is people like you who feel that their opinions are superior to others and make statements about others that are out-and-out lies.

For example: you stating I am anti-gun. 100% incorrect. You stating that I look down on the educational level of Texans. 100% incorrrect. My kids got excellent HS educations in Texas and went on to get excellent college educations in Texas.You stating I'm out to overturn some Texas laws. 100% incorrect. If you can find any statements to the contrary, you can post that along with the long-awaited incorrect statements I've made on any and all subjects.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #225
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
You stating I'm out to overturn some Texas laws. 100% incorrect. If you can find any statements to the contrary, you can post that along with the long-awaited incorrect statements I've made on any and all subjects.
Last, but not least, where did I say you were trying "overturn some Texas laws"?

With regard to homes .... long before Mr. Wentworth became a State Senator Texas had self-defense and defense of property laws that allowed home owners and property owners to use deadly force to protect themselves, protect other people, and to protect their property. You were referencing home intrusions/invasions in your "true story"!

Almost 20 years ago the legislature rewrote the legislation on assaults on and killing police officers and expanded it to "public servants" ... DA's (District Attorneys) NOT "assistant district attorneys" were actually publishing opinoin letters to LE agencies informing them that the Texas legislature had "opened season on police officers" by eliminating the provisions relating to the assaults and killing of police officers.

All the legislature did was rewrite the law to say "public servants" and then define publish servants to include police officers as well as other 'protected persons." The hoopla over the modification was outrageous and created a lot of bad press.

To show you the development of the "self-defense" provisions of the Penal Code as it relates to protection of one's self and home from intrusion is beyond the scope of what ought to be expected in a response.. other than the provision that I provided from the Penal Code that provides the standard as it has been for some time and before that.

If Jeff were trying to take credit for providing laws to protect us from home invasions, then perhaps he should have been defeated in the primary this year, although I was somewhat saddened by his political demise.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodo...l/SB00378I.htm

The provisions added and removed are consistent with the then existing case law and codified the perspective of the person defending himself or his property, and expanded definitions, as I had suggested above, with presumptions in law added to accommodate the existing interpretations of the statute. That is the penal code provision I posted. They key element to the discussion is the perspective of the homeowner. It did not, and does not, require proof of an actual risk of death as some have stated ... it is always from the perspective of the homeowner as a "reasonable person."

Before 2007 in Texas under your scenario there would probably be no arrest. There may have been a grand jury investigation and there may be a grand jury investigation even under the existing law as amended. With written law, as opposed to case law, a DA may be more likely to not seek a grand jury determination and refuse to file charges without one.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women