Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70485
biomed161077
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453046
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47788
pyramider46370
bambino40451
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #226
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
I get back from lounging around Europe for three weeks spending a bit of my entirely unjustified Bush tax cut from the last year (that was supposed to lead to me creating "more jobs" in my business, somehow, the lying sacks of shit Republicans) and it's like I never even left. It's the very same argument that was going on the day I left!!!

I'm somewhat reluctant to criticize, because I appreciate the stands you've taken on civil liberties and the legal advice you've kindly given to many here. But let's call a spade a spade. The reason you favor the Democratic party is because it's in your best interest economically if Democrats win.

My tax cuts will go towards investment and savings and will generate jobs (maybe just one or two), and will contribute, in a tiny way, to reducing the current account deficit. I don't spend my disposable income lounging around Europe generating jobs for Europeans. The way I invest and spend my money has a more favorable effect on the economy than the government has when it takes it from me and spends it.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #227
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
My tax cuts will go towards investment and savings and will generate jobs (maybe just one or two), and will contribute, in a tiny way, to reducing the current account deficit. .
If that is so....then why oh why did the deficit expand after the first tax break Bush II gave? You forget to hire two people?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #228
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
If that is so....then why oh why did the deficit expand after the first tax break Bush II gave? You forget to hire two people?
Because the politicians, Republican and Democrat, spent too much of our money, and our children's money, and our children's children's money.

Are you telling me my money is better spent to help wage war in Iraq, rather than hiring two employees?

I didn't vote for Bush in either election.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #229
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
They continued with a tax cut
Technically no. They didn't cut taxes, they didn't let taxes increase.

Of course, it would have been much smarter to raise taxes and kill what little recovery there is.

BTW, that deficit commission recommended lower tax rates but with a broader tax base.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #230
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Maybe because there was a recession?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #231
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Maybe because there was a recession?
There was a recession after a Fed fueled bubble....so the tax breaks did not fuel growth? They did not pay for themselves? How can that be? I thought tax cuts fueled booms!

Quote:
Technically no. They didn't cut taxes, they didn't let taxes increase.

I said they continues with a tax cut...were the Bush tax cuts not a tax cut? If they were and you continue them what part did I get wrong?

Quote:
Of course, it would have been much smarter to raise taxes and kill what little recovery there is.

They would have been much smarter to let them expire on people making over one million a year and not extend the unemployment benifits. Of course that is easy for me to say, I do not make over a mil and I am not unemployed.

Quote:

BTW, that deficit commission recommended lower tax rates but with a broader tax base.
Whadda they wanna do, increase the SS limit and the retirement age?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #232
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
If that is so....then why oh why did the deficit expand after the first tax break Bush II gave?
Just a hunch, but it could be that Bush and Republican congresses increased spending by about 50% (in nominal dollars) between 2001 and 2007.

(And people said these guys were conservatives!?)
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #233
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

CM: Are what you saying is that the only fiscally responsible Presidents in the last 35 years were Carter and Clinton?
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #234
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Just a hunch, but it could be that Bush and Republican congresses increased spending by about 50% (in nominal dollars) between 2001 and 2007.

(And people said these guys were conservatives!?)
Let me get this straight, Bush cut taxes and increased spending and the deficit went up!

Damn, I'm not a smart man but that does not sound to smart to me. How come we elected him twice?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #235
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Let me get this straight, Bush cut taxes and increased spending and the deficit went up!

Damn, I'm not a smart man but that does not sound to smart to me. How come we elected him twice?
Al Gore, John Kerry....

Quote:
I'm somewhat reluctant to criticize, because I appreciate the stands you've taken on civil liberties and the legal advice you've kindly given to many here. But let's call a spade a spade. The reason you favor the Democratic party is because it's in your best interest economically if Democrats win.

My tax cuts will go towards investment and savings and will generate jobs (maybe just one or two), and will contribute, in a tiny way, to reducing the current account deficit. I don't spend my disposable income lounging around Europe generating jobs for Europeans. The way I invest and spend my money has a more favorable effect on the economy than the government has when it takes it from me and spends it.
Welcome Tiny. Don't be reluctant to criticize fools. Other than pussy, that is our favorite pastime here.

FWIW, though, I don't criticize how another man spends HIS money. I'm only critical of someone spending MY money. The so called tax cuts weren't a gift from government, but simply letting TTH keep some of HIS money.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #236
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
CM: Are what you saying is that the only fiscally responsible Presidents in the last 35 years were Carter and Clinton?
Carter was not as fiscally irresponsible as some. In my view, his biggest mistake was appointing the disastrous Bill Miller to replace the almost equally disastrous Arthur Burns at the Fed. (The following year, he rectified this grievous blunder by putting Volcker in the Fed chair with an eventual mandate to break the back of inflation and restore sound money. It just didn't happen soon enough to save his presidency.) Thus I believe his biggest failing was to get the right people, at an early date anyway, to oversee monetary (not fiscal) policy. He was also the victim of a disastrous congress that in my view was much more liberal than he was.

Bill Clinton actually turned out to be a very fiscally responsible president. Sure, he caught a break when a lot of clueless liberals were tossed out in the '94 housecleaning, but he and his advisors recognized the importance of fiscal discipline. Government spending advanced at a less rapid rate on his watch than at any other time in modern history. In fact, it fell substantially as a percentage of GDP.

It's therefore no accident that the late 1990s was a time of prosperity. Of course, people will point to the tech boom of the '90s and say that Bill caught a bit of a lucky break, but he was a guy who believed in fiscal discipline and sound money.

One key point: Notice where gold, energy, and most commodities were trading in the late '90s?

The results speak for themselves.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:09 AM   #237
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Carter was not as fiscally irresponsible as some. .
I thought that fella was a Commie or maybe a comedian not sure, I do know PJ calls him a joke ever chance he gits!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:28 AM   #238
pjorourke
Valued Poster

I said Carter was the worst ex-President ever. The asshole doesn't know how to sit down and shut up.

I think CM summed up carter pretty well from a fiscal pov. Of course his biggest failings were foreign policy and the fact that he acted like a winy bitch.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:41 AM   #239
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I said they continues with a tax cut...were the Bush tax cuts not a tax cut? If they were and you continue them what part did I get wrong?
Well at some point previous the taxes were incrased to the rate that they were cut from. So, if you're going to follow you line of thinking (that bouncing ball as distorted as it is) then you need to refer to the tax as a tax increase/cut. And maybe since it has increased sveral times...and been cut several times...and been partially cut several times...and partially increased several times...well f*ck, I don't know what to call it.

Someimes you fight so hard to make some point that is an idiotic point in the first place, I wonder whether you have fallen over into the deep end.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:08 AM   #240
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:

Ironically, I suspect I'm actually better off with Republicans in office. I'm going to save a shit load on inheritance tax. The Republicans would eliminate my personal injury practice, but I've had offers to make just as much, if not more, doing corporate litigation. The Republicans will never get rid of their corporate master's access to our courts. So I can make just as much working for a big firm. What I would loose would be my freedom and a lot of my leisure time. Under Republicans my taxes are lowered about $20k - $50k a year. So I actually think that my convictions toward the Democratic Party cost me money, especially considering I donate to them and wouldn't give a dime to the fucking Republicans.

As for jobs, I hire when I need more employees. I has nothing to do with the economy or my tax rate. We sign up some big corporate case (and I do some corporate litigation), I add a file clerk just to handle that one case. I don't have that case, I don't hire another hand. I have more legal issues than usual, I hire another lawyer. I don't call my accountant and ask, what's the tax law this week. And frankly, that's a pretty good model for the larger economy. Tax policy doesn't drive hiring, aggregate demand does.

If you have the business for more employees, hire them regardless of what the tax law is. If you don't have the business, you wouldn't hire them even if your marginal tax rate was 0%.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women