Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
test
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70716
biomed162672
Yssup Rider60409
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48458
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41677
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36061
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 02-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #241
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Could somebody please explain to Olivia that the price fluctuation of a commodity does not change the fact that it is still a commodity.
First off, commodities are usually raw material and in any case they are items where there is virtually no difference from one to the next. When there is a discernable difference, it ceases to be a commodity. Take French chardonnay grapes for instance. These grapes, can be grown anywhere in France and those chardonnay grapes are sold on the open market as a commodity. The grapes grown in the Champagne Region of France similarly, but not to the same degree as a common French chardonnay grape because of their C of C declaring their region of origin, are also a commodity; and they are sold to the Champaign Houses of France and go on to be champagne. The very best grapes, those that are specifically discernable for their excellent properties and rarity, go on to become vintage champagne and / or their cuvee preserved to balance out future, non-vintage champagnes. Those grapes are NOT commodities, that is the grapes that are literally just like all the other little grapes go on to be multi-vintage champagne. See the difference: discernable and rarity within a given set or sub-set of items vs items undistinguishable from the rest.

THIS is why hookers aren’t a commodity. Even within the largest two, financial subset of hookers, at least amongst the indys, those at the $180 - $250 price range and those at the lower end of the bell curve < $179, there is too much discernable difference between one and the other. One could say one $80 BNG girl, $250 indy, $400 upper range or $1,000 HDH are the same as any other, but if that’s the case. If it were, there wouldn’t be any review sites like this one.

I will concede that the spike in earnings for oil field employees is a price fluctuation due to the oil crash of the 80’s.

Quote:
While you are at it try and explain to her that price equilibrium is what ultimately sets the top rate she can get. If she sets her rate out of the price equilibrium range...she will get nothing.
Price equilibrium, yes I had to look it up, is something that exists in the real world not the world of hyperbole. $20,000 an hour is an obvious exaggeration. If you’d have said why didn’t I charge $1,000 an hour, then I’d have said because I couldn’t fetch that price.

Why don’t you stick to what you know like street smarts instead of what you kinda know about because you just put down a book on the subject.

Quote:
If you can get her to understand these small points, she will then see what total bullshit her post below was.
Quote:

Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
There is no irony. It also isn’t a supply and demand issue. I charge what I charge because that’s what I set my fees at. If it were a supply and demand issue, my prices would have been driven down. Hookers are seemingly a commodity, but the range in prices demonstrates otherwise.
You’re an idiot. Supply and demand, if hookers were a commodity, would have driven the price to a central price that I think would have been about $200 an hour. The fact that I can charge double what another lady charges demonstrates the opposite of what you are trying to say.

Yes, at some point, something becomes valueless at the lower end and therefore not worth producing and at the other end so expensive no one places that much value on it so in that regard supply and demand does set the price. But we’re not at the extreme ends of anything here. If you want to look at the extreme end of what a woman got paid, look at the one-legged, ex-Mrs. Paul McCartney. He was already a billionaire, didn’t make her sign a pre-nup and lost upwards of a billion dollars when they divorced. I wouldn’t pay half that for a one-legged chick no matter what.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #242
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Hookers are commodities. The elasticity of the pricing does not change that fact. Air is a commodity subject to the same supply and demand curve that hookers and all other commodities are. Nobody buys air because the supply is so plentiful but ask a scuba diver if it is free. Everything is a commodity even salvation. You are mistaking price elasticity as some magic wand that turns a commodity into a non commodity. Very few things are not a commodity. Hookers always have been and always will be just as any worker is. You are making a fool of yourself with this continued stance that hookers are not commodities.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #243
JESSE JAMES
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
I'm still scratching my head over these two. You set your fee's regardless of the law of supply and demand and price equilibrium? Again I ask you why you did not set it at 20k an hour if price equilibrium does not exist in OliviaHowards world? In your world you set the price you want and they will come pay it! That is basically what you said. Did Kevin Costar build a ballpark in your cornfield?

If hookers are not a commodity , what are they? What are any workers if not commodities? Everybody and every thing is a commodity. You are mistaking the different values we place on commodities as somehow making them not a commodity.

Not sure I follow your logic.

OL HO has no logic To wit When you or I have her by the short hairs
Irreputable proof of her sinister agenda that she cant lie or wiggle out of she claims she didn't read it and calls it a diatribe. People on the board are smarter than her, and know that you have to read something in order to determine it is a diatribe

Tell her her shifty shit isn't working. Im asking you to tell her because she has stated she is going to ignore me Wait a minute She also stated she wasn't going to read anymore of my shit a couple days ago which turned out to be another OH fairy tale

One of these she will say something truthful, and make some kind of logic Cross your fingers
Old 02-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #244
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

At this rate, we're not going to make 10,000 views fellas.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:37 PM   #245
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
At this rate, we're not going to make 10,000 views fellas.
Maybe not but you are lapping the field for Liar of the Year! You say, " hookers aren't commodities" one more time and folks will be able to pole vault with your nose.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #246
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Maybe not but you are lapping the field for Liar of the Year! You say, " hookers aren't commodities" one more time and folks will be able to pole vault with your nose.

Then please explain the wide price differential from one hooker to another. We were talking about a 50% price swing in between mine and Olivia88’s rates. West Texas crude is selling for $100.37 and Brent Crude is at $108.79 today. That's an 8% swing, but the North Sea is playing out. Natural Gas is selling at $5.29 and gold is selling at $1,301.50. I’m too lazy to look up any more. (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/commodities/)

Those prices listed are what those commodities are sold at by and large. I have a guy that will sell me gold slightly under spot, but I've bought and sold a shit load of it through him. Hookers go for anything from $20 BNG's on the street to $5,000 minimums. Do you even know WTF a commodity is? Or didn't they tell you in that book you just read.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #247
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Do you not understand that just because there is a price differential among commodities does not change the fact that they are commodities? That is true whether it be hookers, gold, oil or workers.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:14 PM   #248
Charlotte Breeze
Account Disabled

User ID: 213975
My ECCIE Reviews

This is one of the most pathetic meltdowns I have seen yet on this board.

If her rate is X, and you didn't pay it (as admitted), it doesn't matter what her service level or what the other pieces of trash on eccie say, you did not pay her, she is not lying, and you are still in the wrong here.

By continuing to expose yourself as a pig, you're doing nothing but making her look more justified.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #249
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default If I said a Hackass was a Mule, OliviaHoward would argue it was a Race Horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Breeze View Post
This is one of the most pathetic meltdowns I have seen yet on this board.

If her rate is X, and you didn't pay it (as admitted), it doesn't matter what her service level or what the other pieces of trash on eccie say, you did not pay her, she is not lying, and you are still in the wrong here.

By continuing to expose yourself as a pig, you're doing nothing but making her look more justified.
Hello Charlotte, it is indeed a tangled web we weave..... He mistook her for another. Then according to him, she threatened him and he said fuck off after that. I had a similar situation with her in which she flat out lied about me drinking before I visited with her.

That seems consistent with her posting history.

For instance she has called me an idiot for pointing out to her that Hookers are a commodity. Not the nicest way to communicate one's POV.

Many of us on the board are used to it by now.

You do realize she screened him. Nothing about him cheating out others. So it appears to have been a mix-up. For the casual observer I can see where OliviaHoward plight may elicit sympathy but for those of us that know her....we have no trouble believing JESSEJAMES contention that she called threatening him. Let me be clear...I, like you, have no way of knowing what actually took place, my guess is the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Care to answer a few questions? Well one really.

Do you think I am an idiot for pointing out to OliviaHoward the simple fact that hookers are commodities?
Old 02-14-2014, 08:44 AM   #250
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

WTF, I'll answer you properly when I get to a computer, but, um, I'm the one that brought up commodities in the first place. Get your shiit straight.

Charlotte, yep, pretty much you hit the nail on the head. He's mad not because of what he had to pay, because he didn't. He's mad he had to pay the price for being a thief by loosing his membership with the screening service. Or maybe he's just angry in general and he thought I pass a convenient target. Da'know.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #251
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
, but, um, I'm the one that brought up commodities in the first place. Get your shiit straight. .
Yes you were you were also the first and only one to not know that a commodity is still a commodity no matter their price elasticity. Not sure why you keep doubling down on that losing hand. If yo were first to say a Jackass is a Quarter Horse it would not make it so. If you mule headedly kept insisting so it would call into question your view of reality....just like your lie about me golfing and drinking before our visit calls into question your version of events with JESSEJAMES.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #252
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Yes you were you were also the first and only one to not know that a commodity is still a commodity no matter their price elasticity. Not sure why you keep doubling down on that losing hand. If yo were first to say a Jackass is a Quarter Horse it would not make it so. If you mule headedly kept insisting so it would call into question your view of reality....just like your lie about me golfing and drinking before our visit calls into question your version of events with JESSEJAMES.
The difference in hooker prices isn't price elasticity. That is to say it's not in response to QUANTITY it's QUALITY and the purchase's SUBJECTIVENESS and INDIVIDUAL TASTES. I would closely compare it to cars.

The rest of your foolish bullshit falls under the rules I've set for you Pet.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #253
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
The difference in hooker prices isn't price elasticity. That is to say it's not in response to QUANTITY it's QUALITY and the purchase's SUBJECTIVENESS and INDIVIDUAL TASTES. I would closely compare it to cars.

So are you saying that cars are not commodities? A car is not bought and sold? A Hooker is not someone that is useful or value?

Let me try and help you with this simple link. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/commodity

com·mod·i·ty

: something that is bought and sold
: something or someone that is useful or value

: an economic good: as
a : a product of agriculture or mining

b : an article of commerce especially when delivered for shipment <commodities futures>
c : a mass-produced unspecialized product <commodity chemicals> <commodity memory chips>

a : something useful or valued <that valuable commodity patience>; also : thing, entity
b : convenience, advantage

obsolete : quantity, lot

: a good or service whose wide availability typically leads to smaller profit margins and diminishes the importance of factors (as brand name) other than price

: one that is subject to ready exchange or exploitation within a market <stars as individuals and as commodities of the film industry — Film Quarterly>

Quote:
The rest of your foolish bullshit falls under the rules I've set for you Pet.
What rule is that Love? The one where you run and hide when caught lying or the one where you just double down on the lying?

Old 02-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #254
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
So are you saying that cars are not commodities? A car is not bought and sold? A Hooker is not someone that is useful or value?

Let me try and help you with this simple link. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/commodity

com·mod·i·ty

: something that is bought and sold
: something or someone that is useful or value

: an economic good: as
a : a product of agriculture or mining

b : an article of commerce especially when delivered for shipment <commodities futures>
c : a mass-produced unspecialized product <commodity chemicals> <commodity memory chips>

a : something useful or valued <that valuable commodity patience>; also : thing, entity
b : convenience, advantage

obsolete : quantity, lot

: a good or service whose wide availability typically leads to smaller profit margins and diminishes the importance of factors (as brand name) other than price

: one that is subject to ready exchange or exploitation within a market <stars as individuals and as commodities of the film industry — Film Quarterly>
You're playing with words again. Here is another definition. In fact it's the definition I limited this discussion, though it's really just dealing with your word vomit, probably three or four posts ago.

com·mod·i·ty
kəˈmäditē/
noun
noun: commodity; plural noun: commodities
  1. 1.
    a raw material or primary agricultural product that can be bought and sold, such as copper or coffee.

Quote:
What rule is that Love? The one where you run and hide when caught lying or the one where you just double down on the lying?
Quote:

Pet, you know perfectly good and well. The one where you say the same thing over and over again even so you've had your ass handed to you long ago. I tire of it Pet.

So, if you want to discuss commodities fine, but I'm not going to pay a foolish word game with you. Grow up Pet, you'd make a fine man if you ever get around to it.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #255
Bigh1955
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Let me begin by saying I agree with OH - she should set her fee where ever the hell she wants it, then maneuver her fee and service structure as required to meet her goals.

The commodity vs value-added service discussion is widespread. Personally, (read IHMO) because the services involved most often do not result in a tangible increase in the value of anything, hookers provide a commodity. They themselves are not a commodity...that would be...well, wrong.

Take for example two pieces of art. One piece is from an newly arrived artist who is largely unknown, untested, and lacking when it comes to reviews or critiques. The other piece is a Renoir - the girl with a watering can. I may like them both equally, but even if I could buy the Renoir, I couldn't afford it. I certainly wouldn't pay an unknown artist hundreds of thousands of dollars for their work - and they wouldn't ask for that much.

Sex and companionship, at least so far as the hobby goes, are commodities. They are purchased and sold regularly - the price correlates to the perceived value of the particular service.

A hooker's service becomes a value-added service when it translates into a tangible increase in the value of something. Example, I hire an escort to be the companion for a prospective client at an evening event. The escort is a huge hit with my client - who likely has no idea his/her date is an escort. The escort, of course, mentions several times throughout the evening what a great firm I have and how beneficial the relationship has been to her - or something to that effect. Whether they sleep together is immaterial if the prospective client hires my firm.

All is IMHO. I would just ask that we never think of people as a commodity.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women