Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70469
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453027
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47746
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-01-2021, 09:08 AM   #271
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
That's not the first time a bill has to pass to know what's in it.

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 11:46 AM   #272
NoirMan
Valued Poster

Tiny should be happy. Gonna be $2T rather than 3.5. That barely exceeds the unpaid for Republican tax cuts for the wealthy.

Too bad republicans refuse to pay for their spending.
NoirMan is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 11:59 AM   #273
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirMan View Post
Tiny should be happy. Gonna be $2T rather than 3.5. That barely exceeds the unpaid for Republican tax cuts for the wealthy.

What?
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 06:59 PM   #274
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
That's not the first time a bill has to pass to know what's in it.

What a load of crap. Crony capitalism is the culprit, and Paul is less of a crony capitalist than most Democratic and Republican Senators and Congressmen. His explanation of how the employers are responsible for inflation, not governments, is a laugh. I guess hyperinflation in Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina and Zimbabwe can be blamed on the employers.

He's a professor at the New School. I had a Marxist professor who was a product of the New School. I don't think it's a serious academic institution. It's more of a playground for Communists.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 07:11 PM   #275
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Quote:
What a load of crap. Crony capitalism is the culprit, and Paul is less of a crony capitalist than most Democratic and Republican Senators and Congressmen. His explanation of how the employers are responsible for inflation, not governments, is a laugh. I guess hyperinflation in Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina and Zimbabwe can be blamed on the employers.

He's a professor at the New School. I had a Marxist professor who was a product of the New School. I don't think it's a serious academic institution. It's more of a playground for Communists.
I'll tell him you think his theories are shit.

You don't think Communism is a serious academic undertaking?

You like the jab at Libertarianism?
Old 10-01-2021, 10:37 PM   #276
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
You don't think Communism is a serious academic undertaking?
As the great philosopher Strokey McDingDong said, course work in science, engineering, medicine and the like is preparation for the real world. The New School for Social Research doesn't offer classes in any of these. It's a good place to go if you want to be an academic in the liberal arts, a housewife or a Communist.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:57 PM   #277
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Quote:
As the great philosopher Strokey McDingDong said, course work in science, engineering, medicine and the like is preparation for the real world. The New School for Social Research doesn't offer classes in any of these. It's a good place to go if you want to be an academic in the liberal arts, a housewife or a Communist.

Or just a good human being. A good housewife would know how to feed her family every day. Science, engineering and medicine won't teach you that.

How's Home Economics for ya'?

Old 10-01-2021, 11:08 PM   #278
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

The estimate was $2 trillion lower revenues over 10 years for tax cuts for corporations, pass through businesses, and individuals of all income levels. Since Biden will axe the cuts after 5 years, the amount will be less.

And what was the effect on the economy? In 2019, before COVID, we had the lowest unemployment rate since the late 1960's, and median household income finally headed upwards a lot, after stagnating during the Bush and Obama administrations. I believe the corporate tax cuts played a part in that.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 11:12 PM   #279
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Quote:
The estimate was $2 trillion lower revenues over 10 years for tax cuts for corporations, pass through businesses, and individuals of all income levels. Since Biden will axe the cuts after 5 years, the amount will be less.

And what was the effect on the economy? In 2019, before COVID, we had the lowest unemployment rate since the late 1960's, and median household income finally headed upwards a lot, after stagnating during the Bush and Obama administrations. I believe the corporate tax cuts played a part in that.
A trickle.

https://www.investopedia.com/dividend-stocks-4689744

Dividend Stocks

Quote:
Dividend stocks are companies that pay out regular dividends. Dividend stocks are usually well-established companies with a track record of distributing earnings back to shareholders.
Earnings? Or expected savings?

Basic for you, but too technical for me. I just know that the money they get a break on goes back to themselves. And maybe two shakes to the consumer of their goods or services.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:00 AM   #280
NoirMan
Valued Poster

Quote:

You believe. Lol. The trend was headed that way anyway. Had been for years. The tax cuts led to deficit spending which had been cut significantly under the Obama administration. Just because you believe that something was a cause doesn’t make it so. Particularly when there was no trend change or change of direction of economic indicators. Remove the presidents and tax cuts from the picture. Have a look at all economic indicators up through the pandemic and the 8 years prior and it’s one trend line.

Tax cuts cost money. If you spend the same amount of money and take a lower paying job you’ll be living off your credit cards real soon. That is what tax cuts did for America. Hurried us to our credit card. And with spending increased in the Trump years that just made it worse.

You know better. Republicans love cutting taxes for the rich but the hate paying for them.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:30 AM   #281
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Or a ts?

Askin fer a friend
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 09:14 AM   #282
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
You believe. Lol. The trend was headed that way anyway. Had been for years. The tax cuts led to deficit spending which had been cut significantly under the Obama administration. Just because you believe that something was a cause doesn’t make it so. Particularly when there was no trend change or change of direction of economic indicators. Remove the presidents and tax cuts from the picture. Have a look at all economic indicators up through the pandemic and the 8 years prior and it’s one trend line.

Tax cuts cost money. If you spend the same amount of money and take a lower paying job you’ll be living off your credit cards real soon. That is what tax cuts did for America. Hurried us to our credit card. And with spending increased in the Trump years that just made it worse.

You know better. Republicans love cutting taxes for the rich but the hate paying for them.
Hmmmm... I understand now. So the actual economy and GDP were WORSE with Trump on. And the HIGHER prices for grocery items, building and construction supplies, and increased prices for petrol somehow HELP the economy??

Let's ask the consumers, the everyday people out there who are now PAYING the increased prices - how they like it.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 09:31 AM   #283
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
Hmmmm... I understand now. So the actual economy and GDP were WORSE with Trump on. And the HIGHER prices for grocery items, building and construction supplies, and increased prices for petrol somehow HELP the economy??

Let's ask the consumers, the everyday people out there who are now PAYING the increased prices - how they like it.

#### Salty
You don't get it.

The ones who didn't vote for him are pissed. The idiots who did vote him into the whitehouse feel stupid. Nobody likes it.

Old 10-02-2021, 10:15 AM   #284
NoirMan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post

#### Salty
One day you should take a class on reading comprehension. It’s clear you’ve failed many.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:25 AM   #285
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

You're distorting what I wrote: "I believe the corporate tax cuts played a part in that."

You say tax cuts cost money. Who does it cost? The federal government. If you believe the chief end of man is to glorify the federal government then I understand your reasoning.

Cutting taxes actually boosts economic growth. I'm not an economist but doubt that Keynes or Obama's economic advisors during the recession, who argued for leaving the Bush tax cuts in place temporarily, would disagree with that.

I agree with you about perennial deficit spending. Given that Biden et al will do away with the tax cuts, the actual reduction to government revenues may be less than $1 trillion. Compare to the many trillions that will be added to the debt as a result of COVID spending approved by Democratic and Republican politicians and the infrastructure and reconciliation bills that Democrats intend to pass.

As to Republicans cutting taxes on the rich, the USA has the most progressive tax system in the developed world. If you want a European style social welfare system, EVERYONE is going to have to pay for it:

Quote:
Here's an excerpt from a WSJ column titled Democrats Pursue Europe’s Welfare State on American-Style Taxes, by Greg Ip,

The $3.5 trillion fiscal package Democrats hope to pass soon represents an ambitious expansion of the social safety net, offering regular child allowances, paid sick and parental leave, universal preschool and free college.

What would most Americans pay for all these new benefits? Nothing.

Led by President Biden, Democrats seek to emulate the comprehensive welfare states common in Western Europe, without the high taxes Europeans routinely pay. Under the Democrats’ proposal, 90% of American households would either pay less or the same taxes, according to an analysis released Tuesday by the Tax Policy Center. The richest 1% would pay all of the net new taxes levied next year.

Ip goes on to describe the social programs the Europeans have, like what Biden's proposing, in more detail. Which leads to,

....Yet if other countries’ welfare states are a template for American progressives, their taxes aren’t. In Germany, the typical worker pays 49% of her labor compensation in income and payroll taxes (including the employer’s contribution); in France, the proportion is 47%, in Sweden, 43%. In the U.S., it is just 30%. The U.S. alone, among major advanced economies, doesn’t impose a value added tax on consumers of goods and services.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democra...ts_pos4&page=1

So are everyday Americans ready to step up and fork over 49% of their paychecks in return for a social welfare paradise? I suspect not.
Tiny is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women