Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160928
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453020
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47729
pyramider46370
bambino40433
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-04-2021, 10:34 AM   #16
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
Probably pure politics. Are the parents guilty of something? Likely they screwed up royally, but this is Michigan and election year is next year (which is only a month away). Maybe they can scare parents into not buying guns because their offspring might be bat shit crazy. Right now, we don't know enough to make an informed decision. It is all speculation.

If one doesn't know enough to make an informed decision, it's probably because one hasn't heard all the evidence presented by the prosecutor and sheriff or what ever his title is. How anybody after hearing what I heard, would ask the question why are the parents being charged is beyond perplexing. There is a mountain of evidence including his mother telling him don't worry about looking up while in class, how and where to by ammo for his new birthday present that his father and mother acting as a straw buyer, gave him by texting him "LOL just be more careful not to get caught".

I'll admit that not everybody has the kind of time I have to listen to all the evidence but I can assure you, this is a slam dunk for the prosecutor with what she has.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:44 AM   #17
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Sounds crazy af.

Look it up!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:49 AM   #18
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
If one doesn't know enough to make an informed decision, it's probably because one hasn't heard all the evidence presented by the prosecutor and sheriff or what ever his title is.
I heard enough from a supervising arresting officer describing the PC upon which the arrest was based to conclude they had PC and apparently a Judge agreed since a warrant was in place for their arrest.

WTFDoIKnow aka WTF hasn't researched it yet ...

IMO if more "parents" got arrested and convicted some of this school shit would stop.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:08 AM   #19
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I heard enough from a supervising arresting officer describing the PC upon which the arrest was based to conclude they had PC and apparently a Judge agreed since a warrant was in place for their arrest.

WTFDoIKnow aka WTF hasn't researched it yet ...

IMO if more "parents" got arrested and convicted some of this school shit would stop.
PC? Parent Conference?
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:30 AM   #20
FLWriter
Account Disabled

Someone with greater legal acumen than I might speak to the meaning of this but didn't the mother post on social media that the gun was the son's 'Christmas present?' It is said this resulted in charges due to failed responsibilities of a gun holder.
FLWriter is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:39 AM   #21
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLWriter View Post
Someone with greater legal acumen than I might speak to the meaning of this but didn't the mother post on social media that the gun was the son's 'Christmas present?' It is said this resulted in charges due to failed responsibilities of a gun holder.
There were several involvements of the parents right up to the day of the massacre, which included knowledge their son was buying ammo and had mental issues about which the school was also aware.

That's what I heard mentioned as part of the PC for arrest warrants.

Which might explain why they fled and hid.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:45 AM   #22
FLWriter
Account Disabled

Quote:

Will the flight exacerbate the charges?
FLWriter is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:46 AM   #23
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... WHY were the parents charged??

... bleedin' obvious... Parents are prolly Trump supporters.
Why else?

#### Salty
You may be on to something there Salty.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:48 AM   #24
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
If one doesn't know enough to make an informed decision, it's probably because one hasn't heard all the evidence presented by the prosecutor and sheriff or what ever his title is. How anybody after hearing what I heard, would ask the question why are the parents being charged is beyond perplexing. There is a mountain of evidence including his mother telling him don't worry about looking up while in class, how and where to by ammo for his new birthday present that his father and mother acting as a straw buyer, gave him by texting him "LOL just be more careful not to get caught".

I'll admit that not everybody has the kind of time I have to listen to all the evidence but I can assure you, this is a slam dunk for the prosecutor with what she has.
Did you listen to the bond hearing this morning where the Defense Lawyers laid out their version of events? I did, they broadcast this live.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:51 AM   #25
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
There were several involvements of the parents right up to the day of the massacre, which included knowledge their son was buying ammo and had mental issues about which the school was also aware.

That's what I heard mentioned as part of the PC for arrest warrants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLWriter View Post
Will the flight exacerbate the charges?
Please do not listen to LL...his POV is that o FCC a DA who rubber stamps any and all nonsense.

You may want to hear what their lawyers have to say.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:53 AM   #26
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Okay, I did some reading. The parents are being charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter. In Michigan, that is when someone not directly connected with a death of a person but who had the power to affect the outcome. Like giving a friend several drinks and then putting him into this car to go out on the highway and kill a bus full of orphans and nuns. However, that is a direct action whereas in this case it would negligence by not taking action. The prosecutor is hanging the case on a few things; the pistol was purchased by the father for the son's Christmas present, the mother, when advised that her son was searching for ammunition while at school, told him to "not get caught", and when informed of some disturbing drawing made by their son, neither parent acted to secure the pistol or find its location. Michigan has no statute about allowing children to access firearms.
I don't think (given what we know right now) that the prosecutor can successfully prosecute this case beyond a reasonable doubt. The straw purchase, which the father is not being charged with, is difficult to prove. The boy was underage but they have to prove that he was in control of the pistol. Fathers have been giving guns to children for years and the vast majority never end badly. My own father gave me a rifle at 13 years old but it stayed with the other guns in the house. I bought my first rifle at 16 years old and that stayed in my room. When I returned from the Persian Gulf during the hostage crisis, my dad stood in so I could buy a single action pistol days before I turned 21. It is very common place and one could suppose that the gun dealer and sheriff could have both been held accountable if I had shot someone.
Then there is the negligence charge...the parents could easily make the case that they are not medical experts and the school is not either. That any opinions offered by counselors or teachers were just that, opinions.

One thing that stands out is that the prosecutor wants to charge the boy with terrorism. The FBI definition of terrorism is the threat of, or use of violence, to affect a political goal or change. This looks like pandering on the part of the prosecution.

The prosecutor, Karen McDonald, went ronin at a press conference announcing the charges and tried to make an emotional case about gun ownership and parental responsibilities. Like I said, pandering to the woke mob. I also think she is overcharging the boy just like in Kenosha.

Karen McDonald is an elected judge having only served 11 months of a term. She is a registered democrat and a former judge.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:02 PM   #27
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

Look it up!
How do you continually keep quoting a person you claim to have on ignore?

Were you just lying again?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:04 PM   #28
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Last night and throughout the day, we were in contact with our clients — they were scared, they were terrified, they were not at home, they were figuring out what to do, getting finances in order," attorney Shannon Smith said.

The Crumbleys, who were charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter over the shooting their 15-year-old son Ethan is accused of carrying out at Oxford High School, were found early this morning in a building in Detroit and arrested after police conducted a manhunt following the couple's failure to appear for a Friday arraignment.
"Our plan was to drive to the Novi district court this morning, because arraignments were supposed to start at 8:30 [a.m. ET] for any county arraignment, and we had plans to meet them at 7:30, to text the Fugitive Apprehension Team to get to the court by 8:30 so they could be arraigned first thing. Those were plans we made and solidified, and we did not announce it because unlike the prosecution, we weren't attempting to make this a media spectacle," Smith said.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:06 PM   #29
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
Okay, I did some reading. The parents are being charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter. In Michigan, that is when someone not directly connected with a death of a person but who had the power to affect the outcome. Like giving a friend several drinks and then putting him into this car to go out on the highway and kill a bus full of orphans and nuns. However, that is a direct action whereas in this case it would negligence by not taking action. The prosecutor is hanging the case on a few things; the pistol was purchased by the father for the son's Christmas present, the mother, when advised that her son was searching for ammunition while at school, told him to "not get caught", and when informed of some disturbing drawing made by their son, neither parent acted to secure the pistol or find its location. Michigan has no statute about allowing children to access firearms.
I don't think (given what we know right now) that the prosecutor can successfully prosecute this case beyond a reasonable doubt. The straw purchase, which the father is not being charged with, is difficult to prove. The boy was underage but they have to prove that he was in control of the pistol. Fathers have been giving guns to children for years and the vast majority never end badly. My own father gave me a rifle at 13 years old but it stayed with the other guns in the house. I bought my first rifle at 16 years old and that stayed in my room. When I returned from the Persian Gulf during the hostage crisis, my dad stood in so I could buy a single action pistol days before I turned 21. It is very common place and one could suppose that the gun dealer and sheriff could have both been held accountable if I had shot someone.
Then there is the negligence charge...the parents could easily make the case that they are not medical experts and the school is not either. That any opinions offered by counselors or teachers were just that, opinions.

One thing that stands out is that the prosecutor wants to charge the boy with terrorism. The FBI definition of terrorism is the threat of, or use of violence, to affect a political goal or change. This looks like pandering on the part of the prosecution.

The prosecutor, Karen McDonald, went ronin at a press conference announcing the charges and tried to make an emotional case about gun ownership and parental responsibilities. Like I said, pandering to the woke mob. I also think she is overcharging the boy just like in Kenosha.

Karen McDonald is an elected judge having only served 11 months of a term. She is a registered democrat and a former judge.
Holy crap barleycorn might be finally getting one right.

I agree with much of what you posted cornhole! Keep up the good research and next time a little less a bout you.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 01:34 PM   #30
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
[SIZE=3]If one doesn't know enough to make an informed decision, it's probably because one hasn't heard all the evidence presented by the prosecutor and sheriff ]
So you did not hear their defense attorneys rebuttal?

Obviously not. Maybe LL can school you on the fine art of having a tad more evidence than just from one side.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women