Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59978
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47591
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35413
Mojojo33117

Old 08-18-2016, 08:11 PM   #16
Agreen7
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Had a good documentary on TV called " Dark Women". Seems like the brothers prefer light brights, and dump on dark skinned black women. Is that racist?
This may be true for some black men, but again you are relying on a documentary you saw on TV to paint a broad picture of what black men prefer. There are so many shades of black people, how in the world is it possible to say with absolute certainty that black men do not like dark skin women or prefer light skin women. This is the crazy logic that I'm talking about.
Agreen7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:59 PM   #17
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreen7 View Post
This may be true for some black men, but again you are relying on a documentary you saw on TV to paint a broad picture of what black men prefer. There are so many shades of black people, how in the world is it possible to say with absolute certainty that black men do not like dark skin women or prefer light skin women. This is the crazy logic that I'm talking about.
Filmmakers Bill Duke, and D Channsin Berry were the ones making Dark girls (think I said women) if you have issue on what they presented or the women interviewed, then you should contact them.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:05 PM   #18
whatstheplay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
This thread is destined to be an epic fail. Nothing good or informative will come of anything posted here. Mods, please close this thread.
Without a doubt!

Quote:
Had a good documentary on TV called " Dark Women". Seems like the brothers prefer light brights, and dump on dark skinned black women. Is that racist?
Seems like is the optimum phrase. Having a particular preference does not constitute being a racist. One is choosing between black women; light skinned and dark skinned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
I remember reading the book "Patterns of Culture" by Margaret Mead in about 1964. (when ever I took that stupid class) Wow, it opened my eyes. She claimed that research showed that black people all prefer lighter skinned people as mates.

Talk about prejudice.

But then to be fair about it: would you want your kids to be black?

She claimed is the optimum phrase. One would have to research an enormous amount of guys before I'd be willing to sign off on this one.

As usual, this is my 2 cents...take it for what it's worth.
whatstheplay is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:06 PM   #19
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Encounters: 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIVfD0ZA6jE
malwoody is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:23 PM   #20
satan666
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44
Default preference huh ive read this line before

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatstheplay View Post
Without a doubt!

Having a particular preference does not constitute being a racist.

see now here is one thing i would like to point out. in just about every thread i read about a lady who has an nba policy. when a white guy says that it her preference to see who she wants. there is always and i repeat always a black guy who cries its racist because she is any other color but black for her to have an nba policy! why in this case is preference not racist?

now wtp idk if your white black yellow speckled or a spotted cow or a bald eagle and honestly idc. but this is exactly where the whole race thing gets blurred!
satan666 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:25 PM   #21
Agreen7
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
I remember reading the book "Patterns of Culture" by Margaret Mead in about 1964. (when ever I took that stupid class) Wow, it opened my eyes. She claimed that research showed that black people all prefer lighter skinned people as mates.

Talk about prejudice.

But then to be fair about it: would you want your kids to be black?
Margaret Mead did not write "Patterns of Culture", her lover Ruth Benedict was the author of that book. What's ironic to me is that both of these ladies spent their career in Anthropology working to debunk racism and stereotypes. Ruth did not say All black men prefer light complected women over dark skin women. She said in some segments of black culture this preference exists (the word of emphasis is "some"). Just like some men prefer brunettes over blondes. You can't then say ALL men prefer brunettes.

Here is a great quote from Ruth Benedict's, In Harry's Backyard: Races in Mankind"

“Oh,” said Henry, “I’m beginning to get it . . . we’re not born haters. Our Green Devils of prejudice and fear grow inside us . . . because we are worried and afraid.”
Old 08-18-2016, 09:38 PM   #22
Agreen7
Gaining Momentum

[QUOTE=i'va biggen;1058534479]Filmmakers Bill Duke, and D Channsin Berry were the ones making Dark girls (think I said women) if you have issue on what they presented or the women interviewed, then you should contact them.[/

I'm taking it up with you because you cited it to support a point you were trying to make. What I'm simply trying to communicate to you is that just because a handful of people in a documentary give an opinion or have an experience, it doesn't mean it represents an entire race. It can't be that hard for you to acknowledge that.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:47 PM   #23
whatstheplay
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan666 View Post
see now here is one thing i would like to point out. in just about every thread i read about a lady who has an nba policy. when a white guy says that it her preference to see who she wants. there is always and i repeat always a black guy who cries its racist because she is any other color but black for her to have an nba policy! why in this case is preference not racist?

now wtp idk if your white black yellow speckled or a spotted cow or a bald eagle and honestly idc. but this is exactly where the whole race thing gets blurred!
Perhaps we'll never know. Why is it, truly, that ladies have a NBA policy. I don't really care, only those particular providers know. What I am sure of, is that some ladies that have a NBA policy do/will see AA's.

It is indeed, a ladies preference to see whomever they want and nothing will ever change that. Is is because they have no attraction to blacks, is it a matter of safety, who knows. Those seem to be the reasons that come up in these never ending, constantly rehashed treads.

Quote:
why in this case is preference not racist?
I guess I can look at each side of the coin, but I will say, the 'black guy who cries its racist' should also add, there are quite a few AA providers that also have a NBA policy.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:19 PM   #24
zeejoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreen7 View Post
It's time to boycott platforms like Eccie and Backpage. In fact, it's time to boycott this hobby all together.

Let's devote our dollars, time, and energy to platforms, activities, and endeavors that provide a mutual respect!
Having written that.... writing anything afterward, other than "Mods please delete my account" is just silly.
zeejoe is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:33 PM   #25
Cleo
Just a guy

Encounters: 29

Any time a decision, action, or choice is based on the race of someone, that in and of itself is a racist thing to do, no matter what race you are. Here in this hobby and a few other places in life, we have the right to do just that. It doesn't change what we've done, it's not an excuse nor is it even right. It just is.

This is not the workplace, a place of legitimate business, or anything in the public sector where we have clearly decided that racist acts and choices are unacceptable.

For me and those like me if there are any, I have accepted this and have established my own way of dealing with it. If a provider excludes a race, any race, I place her on my ignore list (and there are a few girls who are on that list for excluding races other than my own, though my race seems to be the one that's most excluded). I do this because just as it is their choice, it is also my choice to not meet with them.

This thread appears to have begun with an impassioned and emotional rant coming from a place of total frustration and it is understandable. I feel those same frustrations. But speaking from that place naturally puts everyone on the defensive and leaves us nowhere to go with regards to having a fruitful dialogue about a very real issue.

Maybe one day we will be able to discuss this issue from a better place when emotions, frustration, and defensive posturing are removed. At that time, maybe real communicating and listening will be able to occur. But as for this thread, it got started in the basement and will continue to spiral downward. Any time now mods?
Cleo is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:39 PM   #26
Cleo
Just a guy

Encounters: 29

Oh and on a side note, I hope someone took that bottle from Kitana. Good Lawd girl!!!
Cleo is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:36 AM   #27
MonKD
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

While this thread took a completely predictable turn, I would like to see more threads on the black hobby experience.

For starters, does anyone actually pursue provider's that say no AA. Granted it's not an insignificant number with that criterion, but personally I have no interest in meeting providers like that.
MonKD is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:20 AM   #28
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
[QUOTE=Agreen7;1058534611]
Quote:
Filmmakers Bill Duke, and D Channsin Berry were the ones making Dark girls (think I said women) if you have issue on what they presented or the women interviewed, then you should contact them.[/

I'm taking it up with you because you cited it to support a point you were trying to make. What I'm simply trying to communicate to you is that just because a handful of people in a documentary give an opinion or have an experience, it doesn't mean it represents an entire race. It can't be that hard for you to acknowledge that.
Well if you are taking issue with me, answer the question. Seeing it was a question rather than a opinion.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:31 AM   #29
whatstheplay
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
Oh and on a side note, I hope someone took that bottle from Kitana. Good Lawd girl!!!
Surely, you didn't take the time to read and decipher that mind numbing post. You'd need bifocal goggles to keep from getting permanently cross-eyed.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #30
Luxie
The Midwest Companion

User ID: 287996
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeal View Post
Gemma No disrespect sweetie but your showcase says mixed but you keep calling yourself black....why?
Are you black or white or what?
Why cant you be white or any other half of any other race?
But you are very pretty
Thank you I am black Sicilian and potowatami. My mothers family is black but emigrated from Sicily just two generations ago while my fathers side is mixed black and native. I am mixed, but I also refer to myself as black and native. Not half of anything.
Luxie is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women