Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160937
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453021
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47730
pyramider46370
bambino40437
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #16
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
I find it interesting that the supreme Justices are exempt from the code of conduct that applies to other justices across the nation.

how did this come about?
Good Question..
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #17
budman33
Valued Poster

when you bring home that much money its hard to keep track.
budman33 is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #18
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Are you kidding? They went to an event that apparently they have been attending for years? And that disqualifies them? Do you really think that this dinner will influence how they rule? Get real. Very few things are certain, like death, taxes, and there is no way in hell Scalia or Thomas will favor Obamacare regardless of who buys them dinner.

Then you must be outraged that Justice Kagan has not recused herself.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...simply-amazing

You people are grasping at straws. If the Federalist Society was trying to influence the decision, they should have invited Justice Kennedy.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #19
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Are you kidding? They went to an event that apparently they have been attending for years? And that disqualifies them? Do you really think that this dinner will influence how they rule?
No. I think that their votes were bought and paid for long before this dinner. What IS disappointing, however, is that any justice of the USSupreme Court would be so tone deaf to legal ethos and the appearance of impropriety as to attend the event, much less attend on the day certain was granted.

Also, I am ashamed that Democrats don't filabuster the nomination of every single member of the Federalist society. They are, by definition, way outside the judicial mainstream and are unfit for judicial service.

Finally, as for Kagan, her position was not a personal position, but one she took as an advocate. I've taken any number of positions as an advocate that I would reject as a judge. I've briefed dozens, if not hundreds of Federal motions to transfer venue, both for and against transfer. Does that mean as a judge, I couldn't rule on one because I've taken positions on them as an advocate? Such a rule would be ridiculous.
TexTushHog is online now   Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #20
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I figured as much. Kagan is ok, but Thomas and Scalia are out. You are too easy to predict. There is a much greater conflict of interest with Kagan, than with Thomas or Scalia, but you refuse to see it because she will vote the "right way."

Did it ever occur to you that maybe Thomas and Scalia were conservative BEFORE the Federalist Society was introduced to them? Or are only conservatives corrupt?

And you are so far to the left that you can't see that the Federalist Society is pretty damn close to the middle of the mainstream. Not always my cup of tea, but much closer to reality than you are.

But I understand, I was disappointed the Republicans didn't filibuster Kagan, who is supremely unqualified for her position. The only reason she was appointed was because Obama knew that she would be a knee jerk vote in support of Obamacare. If he was looking for a jurist, there are plenty of qualified liberal candidates. Instead, he appointed a flunky. Again, just proving that he is a typical politician, and that his promise of "Change" was just a load of bullshit.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #21
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I
The only reason she was appointed was because Obama knew that she would be a knee jerk vote in support of Obamacare.

NOW NOW NOW.....BE FAIR......HE ALSO APPOINTED HER BECAUSE SHE IS A LESBIAN......THAT MAY NOT PUT HER IN TOUCH WITH THE LIVES OF MAINSTREAM AMERICANS, BUT IT PUTS HER IN TOUCH WITH THE LIVES OF MAINSTREAM LIBERAL ANTI-AMERICANS.........
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:51 AM   #22
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Thank you, Marshall. Yes, that is true as well.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #23
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Kagan on hearing that Obamacare will be signed into law: "Oh Goody" (or some similar emotional outburst).

And the Obamazombies want us to believe Kagan's personal opinions won't influence her deicsions on Obamacare !
Whirlaway is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women