Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162728
Yssup Rider60438
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48471
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41777
CryptKicker37184
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36158
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #16
Schmafty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I probably am going to pass. The big deal breakers for me are: 1) no multi-tasking, 2) no Flash, 3) poor peripheral support (an adapter for usb? srsly?), 4) and the fact that would still have to get all my apps from the app store.

For as much as they are asking for a 64GB iPad with 3G support, I'd rather just get a laptop. I imagine that it will be quite a nice device for web-surfing, e-mail, and probably e-books. Just keep in mind that if you get one for reading, the iPad has an active LCD display, which some people have reported is a little harder on the eyes versus the Kindle's eInk display.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news..._jobs_stays_up
Schmafty is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:32 AM   #17
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny D.E.W. View Post
I have always wanted a Kindle because I read all the time, but I'm a Mac.

What a bonus to be out somewhere and finish a book but have hundreds right there to choose from

Is anyone going to get one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternomancer View Post
I want to get one, but will wait for a second or third generation for them to get public feedback and work out the bugs, drop the price, etc. The iphone had a lot of negativity about it when it released, too.

I'm just really ticked that they don't release a product that doesn't stick you with another monthly bill. It would be great if they make it available for use with other service carriers and not force you to use AT&T.
I have a 1st gen iPhone and it has been relatively trouble free. I would upgrade it, but I refuse to pay $30 more per month to get the exact same service as I already have. I also have a palm pre and hands down the iPhone kicks it's ass.
That being said, I think that most of these devices are trying to be all things to all people and that's hard to do. As previously stated, I have a Kindle because I like to read. It is f'ing awesome and I don't pay yet another monthly service fee to have it. When I want to buy a book(s), I just log in on any wireless network and buy 2 or 3 and voila, I can satisfy my reading fix for days!! It is a pretty slamming toy for what it is designed for and that is to replace my books, newspapers, and magazines in one handy small easy to carry package.
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #18
guest021911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
A big screen Ipod touch. I'm seriously underwhelmed.

gfe
I've gotta agree...it looked like an Iphone on steroids. I personally would have no need for one.
guest021911 is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #19
knotaprayr
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 14

For lots of discussion of the pros and cons, i go to Capmac meetings or hit up the user group website at capmac.org. Personally, i was hoping they would incorporate the old Newton technology so i wouldn't have to screw around with a keyboard. As a few providers can testify, i'm knot that great with my hands. Blame it on the arthritis.
knotaprayr is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:11 PM   #20
TheItalianStallion
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

I'm totally gonna get one the day they're available. I just got a new MacBook pro 15" to replace my old iBook, and I was salivating when I saw the iPad demo at MacWorld
TheItalianStallion is offline   Quote