Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70453
biomed160837
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452973
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47668
pyramider46370
bambino40403
CryptKicker37103
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35579
Mojojo33117

Old 06-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #16
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You don't know? Well, then all I can say is this. For God's sake, don't take an intelligence test. Your inflated ego wouldn't be able to handle the results.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #17
essence
Valued Poster

For fucks sake, I sometimes assume you have a brain somewhere, although trapped in a religious obsession.

I have already said I am not in the medical profession. But I am a doctor. Geez, I thought it was obvious.

The real question is, why do you ask? It is of no relevance. Being intelligent in one field means nothing about intelligence in other fields.

So, in what areas are you intelligent, and in what areas are you as dumb as hell?

I am as dumb as hell in the following areas:

- office politics
- small talk at cocktail parties
- historical dates
- contemporary media darlings
- women
- why people get up at 6 am to go to work
- operating electronic media
- cell phones, ipads etc etc etc
- foreign languages
- chinese opera

So, CoG, what are you as dumb as hell about?
essence is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #18
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
Yes and no.
Being a doctor is like being pregnant. You either are, or you're not.

If you received a doctorate in some academic field or medicine, you're a doctor. Even if your present occupation is trash collector, or if you no longer work, or if you lost your license to practice medicine due to some transgression, you're still a doctor in the eyes of society.

So are you a doctor, or not?
trynagetlaid is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #19
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

It is relevant, because you said since we weren't medical doctors, we shouldn't be commenting on the health care system. Neither should you.

Please, take my advice about the intelligence test. Seriously.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #20
essence
Valued Poster

I have always liked the words of T S Eliot, from East Coker.

You say I am repeating
Something I have said before. I shall say it again,
Shall I say it again? In order to arrive there,
To arrive where you are, to get from where you are not,
You must go by a way wherein there is no ecstasy.
In order to arrive at what you do not know
You must go by a way which is the way of ignorance.
In order to possess what you do not possess
You must go by the way of dispossession.
In order to arrive at what you are not
You must go through the way in which you are not.
And what you do not know is the only thing you know
And what you own is what you do not own
And where you are is where you are not.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #21
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
It is relevant, because you said since we weren't medical doctors, we shouldn't be commenting on the health care system. Neither should you.

Please, take my advice about the intelligence test. Seriously.
I have no issues, I know what i am good at and what i am not. I grew up at school with some seriously intelligent people. One is now head of micro biology at the medical research council, another is director of a major art gallery in London (National Portrait gallery, I think), another is a senior editor on wikipedia.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #22
essence
Valued Poster

ps. I don't think I said we should not be commenting on the health system, nor that others should not, I simply said that I don't have any particular expertise (so do you own investigation).

Don't twist me. That is stupid and dumb and a low form of argument.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #23
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Sure. Fine. Just don't take the test.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #24
budman33
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sure. Fine. Just don't take the test.
can you screen shot your results COG? Please use a blue crayon.

Locke:
he who thinks he knows is a fool, shun him. He who thinks he knows not is a wise man, follow him.
budman33 is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #25
essence
Valued Poster

Just for CoG I did the test.

Took 15 mins

Got 26/30

3 I got wrong because I skipped over them, I know I am not good at finding words out of letters, I am hopeless at crosswords. If I had spent 5 minutes each on them I may have spotted it.

I got one of the others wrong, I used a different logic to the actual answer.

So really I got 26/27. In half the time.

I know my strengths and weaknesses, some of these tests fall into what I am good at, but I would never say these tests are a mark of intelligence.

Don;t ever ask me to remember anything, don't ask me to learn a poem.

Just for CoG.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #26
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1 View Post

Are these intelligence tests accurate? How much weight should be put into such testing?
Quote:
You don't know? Well, then all I can say is this. For God's sake, don't take an intelligence test. Your inflated ego wouldn't be able to handle the results.
There is one sure fire way to determine the accuracy of an intelligence test.

Give the test to SOF, errrrrrrr COG. If he scores in the lowest 1 percentile, they are accurate!

Problem solved!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #27
LoveNHorny
Valued Poster

OP,

I used to study this, so let's actually focus on your question here.
You got an IQ result back on this kid, and it seems remarkably lower than what you might've predicted.

First, you want to maintain objectivity and be sure that you are not biased, and the caretakers around this child are not biased, positively or negatively. Proper expectations and setting up the education necessary to meet his needs requires y'all having an objective person involved.

Next, yes his IQ test results are important. If they were administered through his school, then they will follow him, even helping to dictate what level of classwork his school will want to put him in. And getting a separate outside testing done, which scores higher, might not help enough.

IQ testing has earned it's place. It's valid. But what you do with those results - what are those implications - is what confuses everyone. The bottom line is this: IQ assessment is a valuable test when used in conjunction with other assessment testing.

I've seen a bright young person do great on written assessments but she was failing in her environment which primarily used verbal testing. Sure enough, she had a cognitive impairment with her hearing. I've seen a kid similar to yours who had a very mild dyslexia which caused a mild learning-thru-reading impairment, along with testing difficulties. Every brain has strengths and weaknesses.

If I were you, and this is a personal opinion, I would let him be a kid, encouraging what he's good at, while discerning where's he's weak and challenging him in these areas for development. Then, at around 13, I'd have him tested by an industrial psychologist worth his/her salt to assess what his strengths and weaknesses actually are, including IQ. Then knowing those results plan a strategy for his education which will optimize his experience there.

IQ? Yes it's important (but probably not why you think), but don't get too caught up in these results now.
LoveNHorny is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #28
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

User ID: 126013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveNHorny View Post
OP,

I used to study this, so let's actually focus on your question here.
You got an IQ result back on this kid, and it seems remarkably lower than what you might've predicted.

First, you want to maintain objectivity and be sure that you are not biased, and the caretakers around this child are not biased, positively or negatively. Proper expectations and setting up the education necessary to meet his needs requires y'all having an objective person involved.

Next, yes his IQ test results are important. If they were administered through his school, then they will follow him, even helping to dictate what level of classwork his school will want to put him in. And getting a separate outside testing done, which scores higher, might not help enough.

IQ testing has earned it's place. It's valid. But what you do with those results - what are those implications - is what confuses everyone. The bottom line is this: IQ assessment is a valuable test when used in conjunction with other assessment testing.

I've seen a bright young person do great on written assessments but she was failing in her environment which primarily used verbal testing. Sure enough, she had a cognitive impairment with her hearing. I've seen a kid similar to yours who had a very mild dyslexia which caused a mild learning-thru-reading impairment, along with testing difficulties. Every brain has strengths and weaknesses.

If I were you, and this is a personal opinion, I would let him be a kid, encouraging what he's good at, while discerning where's he's weak and challenging him in these areas for development. Then, at around 13, I'd have him tested by an industrial psychologist worth his/her salt to assess what his strengths and weaknesses actually are, including IQ. Then knowing those results plan a strategy for his education which will optimize his experience there.

IQ? Yes it's important (but probably not why you think), but don't get too caught up in these results now.
Great post Love, and thank you very much.
Sexyeccentric1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #29
LoveNHorny
Valued Poster

My pleasure OP. I hope the kid has parents as interested as you are. You neglected to mention his age now, but if he's in high school it's time to address this issue.

Good luck.
LoveNHorny is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #30
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveNHorny View Post
My pleasure OP. I hope the kid has parents as interested as you are. You neglected to mention his age now, but if he's in high school it's time to address this issue.

Good luck.
I think she said he is eleven. It's important to diagnose learning disabilities as early as possible. Some bright kids, with learning disabilities, struggle for years at academics, and come to think of themselves as dumb. A lot of very intelligent dyslexics have self esteem issues left over from childhood. If this was my kid, I'd get him to a good psychologist and have him thoroughly tested.

I think your recommendation of an industrial psychologist was a good one. I think they tend to be more pragmatic and more likely to be learning theory/behaviorist oriented as opposed to psychoanalytical mumbo jumbo oriented. A lot of psychologists are crazier than their patients.
joe bloe is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women