Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70453
biomed160837
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452975
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47676
pyramider46370
bambino40403
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35579
Mojojo33117

Old 01-20-2015, 04:30 PM   #16
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Not gonna happen. It's YOU versus Austin.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:04 PM   #17
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
I told you JCM.
Hey who knows ...maybe we'll find out exactly where this place is this time around.

JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:24 AM   #18
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Nau's? Who cares about Nau's? The only reason I go to that neighborhood is to dine at Jeffreys. Now Jeffreys is a fantastic restaurant about 100 yards maximum from Nau's.

The address of Jeffreys according to its website:

• 1204 W Lynn St
    Austin, TX 78703
    Clarksville
Partners Ron & Peggy Weiss and Jeff Weinberger opened Jeffrey's in 1975 to bring a simple café to the quiet, historic Clarksville neighborhood in Austin.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:11 AM   #19
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post

Now Jeffreys is a fantastic restaurant about 100 yards maximum from Nau's.

The address of Jeffreys according to its website:

• 1204 W Lynn St
    Austin, TX 78703
    Clarksville
Partners Ron & Peggy Weiss and Jeff Weinberger opened Jeffrey's in 1975 to bring a simple café to the quiet, historic Clarksville neighborhood in Austin.
Advertising is wonderful isn't it.

Next time you're in there ask them how their Historical District grants are doing?

http://www.austintexas.gov/sites/def...larksville.pdf
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:57 AM   #20
Yssup Rider
BANNED

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 01-21-2015, 09:00 AM   #21
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Advertising is wonderful isn't it.

Next time you're in there ask them how their Historical District grants are doing?

http://www.austintexas.gov/sites/def...larksville.pdf
Is there some sort of advantage to stating that the restaurant is in Clarksville? I certainly do not go there because of its location.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:11 PM   #22
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Is there some sort of advantage to stating that the restaurant is in Clarksville? I certainly do not go there because of its location.
Actually, the 2 businesses in question, both located on West Lynn, are NOT IN Clarksville. The answer to your question is "yes" there is to the owners/tenants of businesses ACTUALL IN CLARKSVILLE by virtue of the Historical designation by the City of Austin (see the map provided of the area designated AS CLARKSVILLE in the OFFICIAL CITY MAP.

The ADVANTAGE to businesses located IN CLARKSVILLE has to do with grants and tax advantages that benefit the businesses in order to preserve the HISTORICAL nature of the structures and businesses. Austin has some of the most generous "perks" of any city in the State and the U.S. for that matter. There is no downside, particularly if a business is attempting to attract attention to gain customers by being the Historical district. What these two businesses and others just outside of Clarksville are doing are cashing in on the proximity to CLARKSVILLE.

Some people (some posters apparently not excluded) seem to perceive a greasy drugstore hamburger as tasting better if it is being eaten in CLARKSVILLE while sitting at the "lunch counter." I guess they are savoring the HISTORICAL significance as the devour ground beef on a bun. Go figure.

The same can be said for those who have established $500,000 residences where $2,000 shacks used to stand. In the overtly Liberal justification for absorbing history through osmosis it seems they feel they are "part of the people" while sleeping there. I saw the same attitude while helping Katrina refugees during the "photo ops" of dignitaries who wouldn't be caught dead cleaning up their vomit and changing their kids' diapers ... the "gentry" were long gone.

The only other "significance" is YouRong tries so hard to "out do" others, even in the face of overwhelming legitimate evidence to the contrary ... FYI: An official city document trumps an ad or a public relations piece on an entertainment page based on a writer getting free meals and beverages in anticipation of a favorable write up. He's JV at its lowest level.

The Austin rag is no exception.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:39 PM   #23
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Holy shit!

You keep on and on and on and on. You're talking about Jurassic Park. I'm talking about Austin. Maybe not the Austin that was here when you roamed these streets before I was born, LLIdiot. But I can pretty assure you that Nau's was, is and continues to be considered located in the middle of Austin's Clarksville neighborhood. By everybody except you.

Speedy, another Austinite, knows where Clarksville is. So do I. You live in Houston, allegedly. I don't know which you deny more vehemently, Climate Change or Clarksville. Please enlighten us.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 01-22-2015, 12:50 AM   #24
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Actually, the 2 businesses in question, both located on West Lynn, are NOT IN Clarksville. The answer to your question is "yes" there is to the owners/tenants of businesses ACTUALL IN CLARKSVILLE by virtue of the Historical designation by the City of Austin (see the map provided of the area designated AS CLARKSVILLE in the OFFICIAL CITY MAP.

The ADVANTAGE to businesses located IN CLARKSVILLE has to do with grants and tax advantages that benefit the businesses in order to preserve the HISTORICAL nature of the structures and businesses. Austin has some of the most generous "perks" of any city in the State and the U.S. for that matter. There is no downside, particularly if a business is attempting to attract attention to gain customers by being the Historical district. What these two businesses and others just outside of Clarksville are doing are cashing in on the proximity to CLARKSVILLE.

Some people (some posters apparently not excluded) seem to perceive a greasy drugstore hamburger as tasting better if it is being eaten in CLARKSVILLE while sitting at the "lunch counter." I guess they are savoring the HISTORICAL significance as the devour ground beef on a bun. Go figure.

The same can be said for those who have established $500,000 residences where $2,000 shacks used to stand. In the overtly Liberal justification for absorbing history through osmosis it seems they feel they are "part of the people" while sleeping there. I saw the same attitude while helping Katrina refugees during the "photo ops" of dignitaries who wouldn't be caught dead cleaning up their vomit and changing their kids' diapers ... the "gentry" were long gone.

The only other "significance" is YouRong tries so hard to "out do" others, even in the face of overwhelming legitimate evidence to the contrary ... FYI: An official city document trumps an ad or a public relations piece on an entertainment page based on a writer getting free meals and beverages in anticipation of a favorable write up. He's JV at its lowest level.

Unfortunately, every website I look at clearly states or shows that both Nau's and Jeffreys are in Clarksville. Maybe at one time the area called Clarksville had different boundaries. Today, from every source I can find, both Nau's and Jeffreys are in Clarksville.

This website contains a very precise map of where the authors believe Clarksville to be and West Lynn is clearly included. And both Nau's and Jeffreys are included in the article as being in Clarksville.

http://austin.smallplanetguide.com/r...n_neighborhood

Another article:

Source: http://austin.about.com/od/neighborh...svilleProf.htm

Clarksville is full of cafes, coffee shops, and restaurants, especially along West Lynn. Jeffrey’s, at West Lynn and 12th Street,

And another:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarksv...stin,_Texas%29
Clarksville today

Many European immigrants settled in Clarksville throughout the early 1900s, building a community still felt today. Anthony Colanetta settled in Clarksville and opened Anthony's Laundry & Cleaners at the corner of West 12th Street and West Lynn in 1950. Colanetta also built a drugstore that he leased to his friend Hylton Nau. Today both stores are still operating, and the soda fountain in Nau Enfield Drugstore is a rare find. Indeed, it was during the mid-1970s that Sledd's Nursery, with their high quality plants and organic philosophy, and Jeffrey's high class, eclectic cuisine open their doors, only to have remained Clarksville staples ever since.

And another with a map that clearly shows West Lynn as part of Clarksville:

Source: https://www.mapsofaustin.com/clarksville
Old 02-05-2015, 08:59 AM   #25
Yssup Rider
BANNED

One of Austin's premier restaurant blogs ranked Nau's as one of the top 25 classic restaurants every Austinite should try ... Even if it means going to Clarksville!

http://austin.eater.com/maps/histori...rants-must-try
Old 02-05-2015, 09:41 AM   #26
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
One of Austin's premier restaurant blogs ranked Nau's as one of the top 25 classic restaurants every Austinite should try ... Even if it means going to Clarksville!

http://austin.eater.com/maps/histori...rants-must-try
West Lynn isn't in Clarksville, you stupid faggot.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:43 AM   #27
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Unfortunately, every website I look at clearly states or shows that both Nau's and Jeffreys are in Clarksville. Maybe at one time the area called Clarksville had different boundaries. Today, from every source I can find, both Nau's and Jeffreys are in Clarksville.

This website contains a very precise map of where the authors believe Clarksville to be and West Lynn is clearly included. And both Nau's and Jeffreys are included in the article as being in Clarksville.

http://austin.smallplanetguide.com/r...n_neighborhood

Another article:

Source: http://austin.about.com/od/neighborh...svilleProf.htm

Clarksville is full of cafes, coffee shops, and restaurants, especially along West Lynn. Jeffrey’s, at West Lynn and 12th Street,

And another:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarksv...stin,_Texas%29
Clarksville today

Many European immigrants settled in Clarksville throughout the early 1900s, building a community still felt today. Anthony Colanetta settled in Clarksville and opened Anthony's Laundry & Cleaners at the corner of West 12th Street and West Lynn in 1950. Colanetta also built a drugstore that he leased to his friend Hylton Nau. Today both stores are still operating, and the soda fountain in Nau Enfield Drugstore is a rare find. Indeed, it was during the mid-1970s that Sledd's Nursery, with their high quality plants and organic philosophy, and Jeffrey's high class, eclectic cuisine open their doors, only to have remained Clarksville staples ever since.

And another with a map that clearly shows West Lynn as part of Clarksville:

Source: https://www.mapsofaustin.com/clarksville
I don't think those people really need to be that exact. No one really cares except that idiot Assup. However, the official website of the city of Austin shows the Clarksville National Historic District and West Lynn isn't on it. See LexusLover's definitive and authoritative post on the subject.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:46 AM   #28
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:

+ 1
Old 02-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #29
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
I don't think those people really need to be that exact. No one really cares except that idiot Assup. However, the official website of the city of Austin shows the Clarksville National Historic District and West Lynn isn't on it. See LexusLover's definitive and authoritative post on the subject.
Or it could be that the map needs updating. When you ask people who LIVE in Austin and have no skin in the game as to whether or not Nau's is in the Clarksville area of Austin, and they all say YES, then I believe Nau's is in Clarksville. I personally believe both LL and Assup are correct. Simply different viewpoints.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #30
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
West Lynn isn't in Clarksville, you stupid faggot.
Four days and counting, "faggot!"

Quote:
Or it could be that the map needs updating. When you ask people who LIVE in Austin and have no skin in the game as to whether or not Nau's is in the Clarksville area of Austin, and they all say YES, then I believe Nau's is in Clarksville. I personally believe both LL and Assup are correct. Simply different viewpoints.
I actually agree with you Speedy. The archaeological map of Austin indicates that at one time, Clarksville was not only smaller, but was a poor ghetto neighborhood.

But LLIdiot has been so absolute in his pronouncements and condescending in his pursuit of this silly fucking issue that he deserves to be proven wrong at every turn.

And, after all, he claimed he was here long before any of us were born ... so he can continue to dance for his dinner! In Clarksville!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women