Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70483
biomed161061
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453041
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47783
pyramider46370
bambino40448
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #16
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
The problem in those cities boils down to 2 main problems.
1. The Republicans starve them of the capital they need to rebuild, and get people working, or support them if they can't find a job.
2. Racism
If you're joking, JL, I'm laughing my ass off!! If you're not...you really need help.
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #17
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

JL was making a point. The makers moved out of the city due to too much government interference in their business, thus explaining #1.

The racism comment is commonly used by liberals to describe "white flight" from the cities, due to high crime rates. People want to live someplace safer. This is due to lax law enforcement, often promoted by Democrats and other liberals.

It was a good point. Liberals will always find ways to blame non-liberals for the problems they create for themselves.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #18
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedman55 View Post
All those are, or have been run by fucking libtards. Thats why they are fucked up.
OK, how about Houston, dumbass? Or Dallas? Or San Antonio.

Fucking LIBTARDS have run all of those cities into the sewer, right?

Idiot.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #19
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
David Burge‏@iowahawkblog
Detroit population down 2% per year, murders up 9% per year. At this pace, in 2081 Detroit will have 168k people and 173k murders
You're a loony. I expect an update in 2051!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #20
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Man, I am just champing at the bit to respond to one single fucking thing you have ever said here that makes much sense beyond you saying "Fuckin' A libtards"....We're all just waiting for you to say something that merits a response. Maybe someday....
Well respond to this asshole, go fuck yourself, god damn arrogant shithead, your almost as bad as fast jerkmeoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

Fucking LIBTARDS have run all of those cities into the sewer, right?

Idiot.
Sup, our taxes are lower, bottom line.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #21
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
It hasn't been just Democrats - at least not in Dallas. Two of the last five elected mayors of Dallas have been GOP.

And, for all of those cities, the state has been run by the GOP for most of the recent years. So they have been on a short leash.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #22
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Best you've got is 2 out of 5 Dallas Mayors?

Go back farther ... You'll probably find the ratio even smaller.

Fort Worth? Austin? El Paso?

Real short leash.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #23
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Best you've got is 2 out of 5 Dallas Mayors?

Go back farther ... You'll probably find the ratio even smaller.

Fort Worth? Austin? El Paso?

Real short leash.
I've got 2 out of 5 Dallas mayors because that's all I bothered to think about. I'm not going to look up Houston, that's your job.

Speaking of going back. If you go back far enough - and by that I mean the early 80s - you end up with a solid array of white Democrats running all those cities and the state. But those white Democrats weren't the "liberal" type were they? They where the type liberals now say make up the "conservative" base of the GOP. Or had you forgotten?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #24
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
JL was making a point. The makers moved out of the city due to too much government interference in their business, thus explaining #1.

The racism comment is commonly used by liberals to describe "white flight" from the cities, due to high crime rates. People want to live someplace safer. This is due to lax law enforcement, often promoted by Democrats and other liberals.

It was a good point. Liberals will always find ways to blame non-liberals for the problems they create for themselves.
You nailed it COG! The motto of the left is blame whitey and blame righty.
I was illustrating the point sarcastically.
Dallas has always been run by a conservative city manager. The mayor has the same voting power as a city councilman.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #25
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
OK. You got me there.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #26
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
I've got 2 out of 5 Dallas mayors because that's all I bothered to think about. I'm not going to look up Houston, that's your job.

Speaking of going back. If you go back far enough - and by that I mean the early 80s - you end up with a solid array of white Democrats running all those cities and the state. But those white Democrats weren't the "liberal" type were they? They where the type liberals now say make up the "conservative" base of the GOP. Or had you forgotten?
Actually, the mayors of Houston and Dallas were big libs going back at least 30 years. Ever heard of Kathy Whitmire? Annette Strauss? Ron Kirk? Fred Hofheinz? Yeah, they were all BIG righties! LMAO!

San Antonio? One mayor since 1981 who would be considered a conservative ... At that time ... Bill Thornton. He was a Republican then. Hes still a dentist.

You obviously don't have a clue.

That's OK.

WHAT ABOUT NEW YORK?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #27
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Dallas has always been run by a conservative city manager. The mayor has the same voting power as a city councilman.
Well you got me on that too. But my post was still cool, lol.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #28
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Actually, the mayors of Houston and Dallas were big libs going back at least 30 years. Ever heard of Kathy Whitmire? Annette Strauss? Ron Kirk? Fred Hofheinz? Yeah, they were all BIG righties! LMAO!

San Antonio? One mayor since 1981 who would be considered a conservative ... At that time ... Bill Thornton. He was a Republican then. Hes still a dentist.

That's OK.

WHAT ABOUT NEW YORK?
Annette Strauss? I use to work with a company that had a membership in the Dallas Club and husband Bob referrred my boss as an Ass whole

Anyway the current Major, Mike Rawlings mother taught school with my ex in OKC and I was a member of his church in Dalllas, I do not think he is liberaal
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #29
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:

You obviously like to count selectively. And label every Democrat a "liberal" even when they clearly are not.

I'm not sure how you're counting, but the mayors of Houston and Dallas going back 30 years weren't all Democrats, there were Republicans in there, and they weren't liberals. And even a lot of those Democrats were conservative by today's standards and even the standards of the 70s and 80s.. The Texas conservatives you loathe so much USED to be Democrats. They moved into the GOP through the late 70s, 80s, and 90s as the Democratic Party went further left.

And you also missed the point that regardless of the politics of the particular mayor, they are kept on a leash by the state legislature and the governor, and they have been mostly conservative as well - at least by the standards of today. How would you classify Governor John Connally, who even switched parties in 1973? Is he a liberal to you because he was a Democrat?

The OP was making the point that the 9 fucked up cities in IL, CA and MI have basically suffered from nearly single party rule by liberals in both the cities and at the state level.

You tried to counter that with Houston and Dallas, but its a lousy example. The politics in those cities and in Texas state government has been a mixed bag that has been far more centrist. If Texas had had anything like the Democratic governments in IL and MI, do you think there is even a 1% chance that Texas would be a right-to-work state?

In case you missed it, I already mentioned NY above.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #30
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
OK. You got me there.
Sorry about that - but I agreed with your rebuttal completely!
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women